Known issue with FCC and Lift and Shift

10 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Royal is phasing out Lift and Shift, so don't worry. It will soon be a thing of the past. It's being discontinued as of Feb 1.

https://www.*****.com/2020/05/11/royal-caribbean-lift-and-shift-information-frequently-asked-questions

The starred link has the words royal caribbean blog in it. 😉

And it has also been verified that it will still be an option if Royal cancels the cruise going forward. 

the issue that it created as discussed on this thread is a one time thing and not recurring. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Royal is phasing out Lift and Shift, so don't worry. It will soon be a thing of the past. It's being discontinued as of Feb 1.

https://www.*****.com/2020/05/11/royal-caribbean-lift-and-shift-information-frequently-asked-questions

The starred link has the words royal caribbean blog in it. 😉

Thank you for the info.  Do you know if the 60% off second guest will be going away?  Plan on booking a cruise in the next few weeks

Just now, AF-1 said:

Thank you for the info.  Do you know if the 60% off second guest will be going away?  Plan on booking a cruise in the next few weeks

No it is not.  60% off is the promo for the entire month of February. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is what is causing the problem.  In order to do the changes and make the FCC instantly redeemable, stackable, shareable and leftover used right away they have to change everything so FCC’s now reflect as a payment which means removing them and then reapplying them thus causing the reprice on price protected bookings. 

Some random amount of both our FCC is showing as payments and then the rest of them is showing as a credit in the invoice ;where it shows your balcony discount and the 60% off.  That's where you would think it should be NOT showing up as a payment like you actually gave them money.

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Some random amount of both our FCC is showing as payments and then the rest of them is showing as a credit in the invoice ;where it shows your balcony discount and the 60% off.  That's where you would think it should be NOT showing up as a payment like you actually gave them money.

I believe that they have separated it so the bonus 25% shows up as a promo and FCC from cash you actually paid shows as a payment.  It’s an accounting and tracking issue. 

TA’s see a more detailed breakdown with all the specific codes. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call the number again to request the automated invoice and see what you get.  The CSR could have pulled off an old invoice by accident as they have access to every invoice ever generated. 

I called and requested another automated invoice and you were correct, it had a balance. Called Royal again and was told that there was not a balance showing on my account and another invoice with a 0 balance was sent. I think I'll just give it a few days and try again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I called and requested another automated invoice and you were correct, it had a balance. Called Royal again and was told that there was not a balance showing on my account and another invoice with a 0 balance was sent. I think I'll just give it a few days and try again. 

That is so messed up.  Maybe they are in the process of correcting the error internally.

8 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Go online and try to make a payment and and see if there's a balance due

Edited by molly361
F
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that they have separated it so the bonus 25% shows up as a promo and FCC from cash you actually paid shows as a payment.  It’s an accounting and tracking issue. 

TA’s see a more detailed breakdown with all the specific codes. 

I did just find the training documentation and what I stated scout the bonus FCC being applied as a promo and the money part of the FCC being applied as a payment was correct.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is so messed up.  Maybe they are in the process of correcting the error internally.

I didn't get the impression that either CSR I spoke with had any knowledge of the new glitch in their system. I did call the D+ desk hoping they'd possibly be more informed.😄

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Go and try to make a payment and and see if there's a balance due

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good idea. 

That's a great idea! I think I'll give that a try if the automated invoice is still showing a balance a few days from now.

Edited by lr657
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I didn't get the impression that either CSR I spoke with had any knowledge of the new glitch in their system. I did call the D+ desk hoping they'd possibly be more informed.😄

The D+ person I spoke to didn't have a clue either.  Glad the cruise is not until July so there's plenty of time to get it fixed.  If I thought it was easy I would probably just cancel it.  You can go to the make a payment section online to check the balance due and just back out instead of using the phone line auto system

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I often forget that I get to generally speak with reps that are probably at the top of the class.

On 1/27/2021 at 1:23 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yesterday and probable through today and tomorrow Royal is in the process of updating how applied FCC’s appear on booking invoices.

Unfortunately  there is an issue in that any booking that was lifted and shifted that had an FCC applied will revert to its original pricing. When the FCC is removed and reapplied it does not recognize the price protection.

Again, unfortunately Royal does not seem to be able to go through and fix this on their own but instead is having customers call in and let them know that this happened and get it adjusted back to the protected price. 

Hi Ken,

Is this error only for  L & S using FCC's in the past couple of days, or does this refer to all L & S's using FCC that have occurred over the past ??  months?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi Ken,

Is this error only for  L & S using FCC's in the past couple of days, or does this refer to all L & S's using FCC that have occurred over the past ??  months?

Thanks

Unfortunately it is any lift and shift that has had an FCC applied regardless of when.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is what is causing the problem.  In order to do the changes and make the FCC instantly redeemable, stackable, shareable and leftover used right away they have to change everything so FCC’s now reflect as a payment which means removing them and then reapplying them thus causing the reprice on price protected bookings. 

My husband has been on the phone with India--I mean Royal for 2 hours and they were useless even to explain what credits we have left and what we can apply to pay off our next cruise.  The second time they hung up on HIM! There is NO way to speak to anyone in the US and no way to get help.  This is all a fiasco when it comes to FCC and the limited time L&S.  We are SO upset it will not make this cruising mess any better when knowledgeable people are few and far between.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately it is any lift and shift that has had an FCC applied regardless of when.

Well...Darn...Mine were done almost a year ago...showing our extended family group with 3 cabins paid in full with FCC's...now I'll have to call too ! What a hassle !!!!

We L&S a cruise from January 2021 to January 2022 (FCC's had been applied at time of booking). We owed the difference on the taxes at that point which I paid the same day. Ever since this took place, the cruise planner showed no balance due. I realized that I never received a new invoice for the additional payment so I requested one. I received the invoice right away and it showed a $0 balance. I went on this weekend and it now shows we owe $930. I contacted Royal and they have been looking into it since Sunday. Glad to see I'm not the only one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's an understatement.

That's for sure.  Don't know why I was told 72 hours Just checked and still not fixed.  Now that I know they are applying the FCC's differently all they really have to do is put the price back as it was.   Hoping that TA's can just give their rep a list of bookings for them to work on. 

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

That's for sure.  Don't know why I was told 72 hours Just checked and still not fixed.  Now that I know they are applying the FCC's differently all they really have to do is put the price back as it was. 

When I had it done they had to wait on hold for a supervisor.  I suspect that with the call center they are not doing this but instead making notes and a supervisor or someone else is doing them when they have time

• Like 1

Sadly 72 hours has passed and like I thought my invoice has NOT been corrected.  Another call to the D+ desk and another clueless rep who had no idea of what I was talking about.  Hung up after 40 minutes in the queue for Resolutions.  Sent an email and will see what happens. If I didn't have a lot of OBC that I would have to call them to keep I would probably just cancel the booking online

Edited by molly361