Lift and shift a 2nd time?

colesc15

Hi all, 

I'm sure this has been addressed but I couldn't find it. We have an Alaskan cruise booked for this upcoming July. This cruise was lift and shifted originally from fall of 2020 to this cruise. With the chance of it not cruising, do I have the option and lift and shift again or is that off the table since I already did that once with this booking? Obviously we'd love to go, but I don't the cruise line sailing yet. I would prefer to lift and shift again because we have a really good price locked in. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Hi all, 

I'm sure this has been addressed but I couldn't find it. We have an Alaskan cruise booked for this upcoming July. This cruise was lift and shifted originally from fall of 2020 to this cruise. With the chance of it not cruising, do I have the option and lift and shift again or is that off the table since I already did that once with this booking? Obviously we'd love to go, but I don't the cruise line sailing yet. I would prefer to lift and shift again because we have a really good price locked in. 

Following.  Im in the EXACT same shoes.  

34 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Hi all, 

Two things--first, Lift and Shift ended as of yesterday, 1/31/21.  But secondly, your sailing wouldn't have qualified even if it hadn't already been moved once, because the farthest date to move to was 4/30/22.   A requirement of L&S was 4 weeks plus or minus you current sail date, but a year out.  So, since yours is in July, that wouldn't have been possible.   The few cruises that have been recently canceled for Alaska HAVE offered up a lift and shift to a sailing in 2022, but with a tighter window of 1 week on either side of the original date.  Will that be true of other cancelations as they happen?  Who knows.  But you will likely end up having to make final payment unless the Alaska season is shut down before then due to things like Canada not opening their ports.  

Edited by rockmom

Some cancelled cruises to alaska this next summer were cancelled, I think on quantum. There was a brief time you could lift and shift to 2022, plus or minus a week. No one said there was a exclusion if you had lifted before. Could happen on select cruises. Hard for me to predict.

Ourusualbeach might know.

5 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Hi all, 

If Royal cancels the cruise you will be allowed to lift and shift a second time.  The FAQ’s have already been updated to confirm this.

Even though lift and shift has officially ended it will still be an option for cruises that Royal cancels. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

Two things--first, Lift and Shift ended as of yesterday, 1/31/21.  But secondly, your sailing wouldn't have qualified even if it hadn't already been moved once, because the farthest date to move to was 4/30/22.   A requirement of L&S was 4 weeks plus or minus you current sail date, but a year out.  So, since yours is in July, that wouldn't have been possible.   The few cruises that have been recently canceled for Alaska HAVE offered up a lift and shift to a sailing in 2022, but with a tighter window of 1 week on either side of the original date.  Will that be true of other cancelations as they happen?  Who knows.  But you will likely end up having to make final payment unless the Alaska season is shut down before then due to things like Canada not opening their ports.  

Royal has confirmed that lift and shift will continue to be an option on sailings that they cancel.

• Like 3