Future Cruise Credit for cancelled Alaska cruise

moobear67

Alaska cruise for 2021 just got cancelled. Can't get in touch with my rep at Princess (I'm sure she is very busy rebooking people), and when I tried to call  Princess to ask, they said I HAD to wait to talk to my rep . Can anyone explain what the Future Cruise Credit offer means? We only paid our $200 deposit. Does that mean we can get a $200 future cruise credit that will be on top of moving our current $200 deposit to an Alaska cruise for next year? Or does it mean if we move the $200 deposit to next year, we get $20 (10%) future cruise credit? I'm so confused! Thanks!

I've noticed that with each "cancellation" or adjustment to what is on deposit has drastically DECREASED from the first few cancelled cruises a year ago.  

I did see that they are willing to rebook the same for 2022 on Alaskan cruises.  Is that ONLY IF...you are paid in full?  I would really love to see more move over rebooking with just a deposit.  Good Faith....Good Business Practice (makes cruises less frustrated).

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've noticed that with each "cancellation" or adjustment to what is on deposit has drastically DECREASED from the first few cancelled cruises a year ago.  

I did see that they are willing to rebook the same for 2022 on Alaskan cruises.  Is that ONLY IF...you are paid in full?  I would really love to see more move over rebooking with just a deposit.  Good Faith....Good Business Practice (makes cruises less frustrated).

Fully agree.  I was really surprised on how little they are offering this time.

I had them restore my FCD so I could use them on another cruise and get the OBC. I don't want any of their "bonus" stuff. If I had paid money on cruises I would have opted for the cash back rather than some "maybe someday" bonus FCC.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 6:29 PM, franktown said:

You get the $200 plus 10%.   You would actually get $225 credit because if you look at the Princess statement the minimum is $25.  You do not get the 200 dollar deposit plus the FCC and bonus.

That's what I thought, then my Princess rep said no, just $25. Then, she said it is $225, then a customer service high up person said no it's $25, then I read $225. I'm still confused! I'm hoping it's $225, since we will lose OBC from the offer we had booked under (that OBC apparently won't transfer), and the price for the 2022 cruise is higher for the exact same cruise on the same ship in the same cabin. I need the extra $225, and still won't break even! 

Interesting that we were having this discussion on another topic. I talked to a Princess rep who said they would rebook everything. However, their press release said that they would only rebook you if you have a "paid in full" booking. 

Your question about future cruise credit is an interesting one, but I think, according to the e-mail I got you will get your deposit plus $25 (minimum match). It would be nice if they gave you your deposit plus $225 but I don't think that is happening. $225 is what you could expect.

I would say that the cruise spots are really filling up. I looked at several dates and all of the "land side" cabins (depending on if you were going north or south) were booked in the mini suite class (which is what we had on our original cruise). I thought I might have noticed a slight increase in price from when I first started looking and 24 hrs later when I actually booked. Soooooo...if you want to go you may want to make a decision soon. 

Good Luck

Janet

Based on this slide the Princess VP of Sales presented at his 2/25/21 webinar it’s a FCC of 100% of the cruise fare paid, plus bonus FCC of 10% of the cruise fare paid. On their website it adds the bonus FCC is a minimum of $25.

Thus as others have posted a $200 deposit would result in a $225 FCC: $200-refundable; $25-nonrefundable.

“Guests not paid in full will automatically receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25 USD)”.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/alaska-canada-new-england-and-pacific-coastal-pause-extension-in-2021.html

0689ADC6-5711-409C-9FF4-3B6642F91A3D.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thus as others have posted a $200 deposit would result in a $225 FCC: $200-refundable; $25-nonrefundable.

To be more precise, it would result in two FCCs. A refundable FCC of $200 and a non-refundable FCC of $25.

But --- If I interpret what was posted, the $200 deposit is really two $100 FCDs, one for each person.

If that is correct, there will be two FCCs for each person booked, one refundable FCC for $100 and one non-refundable FCC of $25. So the total for two people would be $250.

Also, there have been posts that if you do apply that to a future cruise, you (or your TA if using one) can contact Princess to point out these derived from FCDs and Princess will apply the appropriate OBC that would come from an FCD.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

To be more precise, it would result in two FCCs. A refundable FCC of $200 and a non-refundable FCC of $25.

But --- If I interpret what was posted, the $200 deposit is really two $100 FCDs, one for each person.

If that is correct, there will be two FCCs for each person booked, one refundable FCC for $100 and one non-refundable FCC of $25. So the total for two people would be $250.

Also, there have been posts that if you do apply that to a future cruise, you (or your TA if using one) can contact Princess to point out these derived from FCDs and Princess will apply the appropriate OBC that would come from an FCD.

Hmmm. Interesting. Well, we did end up rebooking the cruise for 2022, and are waiting for the "powers that be" to transfer our deposit and add on whatever FCC we get onto that booking. We shall see...

10 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Interesting that we were having this discussion on another topic. I talked to a Princess rep who said they would rebook everything. However, their press release said that they would only rebook you if you have a "paid in full" booking. 

Your question about future cruise credit is an interesting one, but I think, according to the e-mail I got you will get your deposit plus $25 (minimum match). It would be nice if they gave you your deposit plus $225 but I don't think that is happening. $225 is what you could expect.

I would say that the cruise spots are really filling up. I looked at several dates and all of the "land side" cabins (depending on if you were going north or south) were booked in the mini suite class (which is what we had on our original cruise). I thought I might have noticed a slight increase in price from when I first started looking and 24 hrs later when I actually booked. Soooooo...if you want to go you may want to make a decision soon. 

Good Luck

Janet

We did end up rebooking for 2022 (same cabin, same ship, same itinerary), so now we are waiting for Princess to transfer our deposit from one cruise to another and then add on whatever FCC we earned. Fingers crossed for $225!

Edited by moobear67