Windsurf 56 day cruise

LewiLewi

We are thinking about the 56 day cruise on the Windsurf. We have been told that only deck 1 and deck 3 cabins are available for this cruise. Deck 2 cabins are all waitlisted. We are light sleepers and noise could be an issue. I have seen the complication on this board of Windsurf cabins, but hardly any mention of deck 3 cabins. Any advice?

We have around 60 nights on the Windsurf, mostly on deck 3, but also on the other two decks. We have never experienced any noise in our cabins, other than anchor dropping in the very front and the occasional closing of the adjacent cabin alcove door. 

Also, I’m extremely jealous!

Edited by Pudgesmom

We did 31 nights on Windsurf. We had booked a 14-day cruise collector and then when there was a big price drop we added on a 17-day cruise collector so we had a cabin on Deck 2 for the first part and a cabin on Deck 3 on the second part. I didn't notice any difference in noise level between the two. 

212 days on WS since 1999, with the  exception of one cruise on the Breeze we have been on deck 1 in the middle of the ship, we sleep like babies with the gentle rocking, very quiet, we have crossed the Pacific and the Atlantic as well on the sailing ships, never a problem. We love it down there. I would love to do a 56 day cruise. Happy Sailing

We have been on the Surf many times over the years....on all decks, rooms, suites and even Rm 501 (now called Officers Suite)  several times. They are all wonderful....no noise, comfortable and spacious. Frankly, if we were able to be on that ship for 56 days....they could put us anywhere they want!!! 

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Read the above thread entitled "Staterooms on the Windsurf (review compilation)."  You will find that there are some staterooms on deck 1, in the 120's I believe, that are problematic. I was in one, so I know this for a fact.  That thread will tell you everything you need to know to book a quiet stateroom.

Deck one is ok. It is quiet. Cabins are mostly all the same. Been in several cabins on Windsurf. No noise issue.  Prefer cabins forward close to the elevator. They are not far forward.  Also, I don’t like cabins that are between sea doors. They are closed when the ship is sailing in and out of ports.  I have been stuck between them.  The very forward cabins are slightly narrower than those further back. 155 was a bit tapered and didn’t have a bed stand near the window. Not a big deal. I would book that cabin again.  Also, been in 147 no tapering. I would book any cabin.