Devalued Club Membership

sailbynite

Today I recieved the latest Oceania Email.  I noticed my membership stated I was "bronze" level.  Previously, I had been "gold" level.  All my previous sailings are listed.  I assume Oceania has changed to number of cruise versus number of nights.  For me, this really isn't great, as I usually choose longer cruises.

Anyone else experience this devaluation? Has anyone questioned it?

14 minutes ago, sailbynite said:

Today I recieved the latest Oceania Email.  I noticed my membership stated I was "bronze" level.  Previously, I had been "gold" level.  All my previous sailings are listed.  I assume Oceania has changed to number of cruise versus number of nights.  For me, this really isn't great, as I usually choose longer cruises.

Probably an error

Have you checked your account online to see what your status is?

19 minutes ago, sailbynite said:

Checked my on-line account.  It also states "bronze" status.

I would call  Oceania  or have your TA  check with them

If you have  more cruises than  stated  then you want to get it sorted out

That is  a big difference in cruise numbers 

20 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would call  Oceania  or have your TA  check with them

If you have  more cruises than  stated  then you want to get it sorted out

That is  a big difference in cruise numbers 

Also please report back here regarding the outcome. Thanks.

11 hours ago, sailbynite said:

We need more information. How many cruises do you have? What level of perks were you given on your last Oceania cruise? There is definitely something wrong with your info. I would be calling Oceania to sort it out. To drop from Gold to Bronze completely bypassed the Silver level. 

FWIW, Oceania goes by number of cruises to determine your level. But those number of cruises are earned on a number of days system. Not to confuse the issue but you can earn a cruise credit for a 7 day cruise, but to earn two credits the cruise has to be 25 days. So a 18 or 22 or 23 day cruise is still only earning 1 credit. But I think it's always been this way. 

I can't find the page on the Oceania website that shows how many days equal each cruise credit. Does anyone have a link to that? 

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

I can't find the page on the Oceania website that shows how many days equal each cruise credit. Does anyone have a link to that? 

Sign on to your account

click on "Oceania Club"

click on the "?" after "You have __ cruise credit(s)

4 minutes ago, RetiredLifer said:

Sign on to your account

click on "Oceania Club"

click on the "?" after "You have __ cruise credit(s)

Thanks, I knew it was somewhere. I can't seem to cut & paste from that though. 

23 minutes ago, ORV said:

We need more information. How many cruises do you have? What level of perks were you given on your last Oceania cruise? There is definitely something wrong with your info. I would be calling Oceania to sort it out. To drop from Gold to Bronze completely bypassed the Silver level. 

FWIW, Oceania goes by number of cruises to determine your level. But those number of cruises are earned on a number of days system. Not to confuse the issue but you can earn a cruise credit for a 7 day cruise, but to earn two credits the cruise has to be 25 days. So a 18 or 22 or 23 day cruise is still only earning 1 credit. But I think it's always been this way. 

Here’s the chart. However, your first sentence above is “incompletely” wrong. It’s not the number of cruises. It’s the number of nights in a cruise (as you later identify). Yet that is further complicated by how multiple segment cruises are counted. 

There are a zillion threads here on CC regarding extended journeys, custom cruises, etc. and how they affect O Club calculations.

But, as far as the OP’s post is concerned, somehow moving from “gold” to “bronze” makes zero sense unless OP was counting points that would’ve been counted had their booked 2020/21 cruises not been cancelled.

Perhaps folks who are concerned that their status may have been affected should check their own account and return here to report if “all is normal”

FWIW, remember that, on any given Saturday night, O’s web maintenance may temporarily mask your bookings (for security purposes). That always freaks out folks who didn’t know that little tidbit. 

63A70A24-7EC2-44BE-B10E-8BB2F008293C.png

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Here’s the chart. However, your first sentence above is “incompletely” wrong. It’s not the number of cruises. It’s the number of nights in a cruise (as you later identify). Yet that is further complicated by how multiple segment cruises are counted. 

There are a zillion threads here on CC regarding extended journeys, custom cruises, etc. and how they affect O Club calculations.

But, as far as the OP’s post is concerned, somehow moving from “gold” to “bronze” makes zero sense unless OP was counting points that would’ve been counted had their booked 2020/21 cruises not been cancelled.

Perhaps folks who are concerned that their status may have been affected should check their own account and return here to report if “all is normal”

FWIW, remember that, on any given Saturday night, O’s web maintenance may temporarily mask your bookings (for security purposes). That always freaks out folks who didn’t know that little tidbit. 

63A70A24-7EC2-44BE-B10E-8BB2F008293C.png

That's not the chart I was referring to, but RetiredLifer answered that question. I understand how the system works, as I explained, so let me change the phrase, "number of cruises" to "number of cruise credits" which the Oceania website refers to it as. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

That's not the chart I was referring to, but RetiredLifer answered that question. I understand how the system works, as I explained, so let me change the phrase, "number of cruises" to "number of cruise credits" which the Oceania website refers to it as. 

Oops - wrong chart.

Here you go ......

D895B95F-BEBB-4051-A7CA-34D645A6756B.png

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oops - wrong chart.

Here you go ......

D895B95F-BEBB-4051-A7CA-34D645A6756B.png

That's a good chart with everything in one place. I don't think that's from their website. I looked in the latest book and saw the first one you posted, but not that one. I assume it's from an older book or PDF? 

The one from Flatbush Flyer is slightly different then the one that you can access with the instructions I posted.  Up until 65 cruise days the charts are the same.  After that it is different.  For example:  We have a 77 day cruise in 2022 scheduled (late fall into winter). Flatbush Flyer's chart shows we would receive 7 cruise credits wherein the one I posted, we only receive 6 cruise credits.  If you schedule a 179 day cruise ( I do not think there are any of those) you still only get 6 cruise credits but if you have a cruise of just one more day (the Around The World), the credits jump from 6 to 15!

27 minutes ago, ORV said:

That's a good chart with everything in one place. I don't think that's from their website. I looked in the latest book and saw the first one you posted, but not that one. I assume it's from an older book or PDF? 

You are correct. But I can’t remember which one. In any case, I probably got it onboard where I also have found those giant sheets of paper printed with a year of future cruises assembled by ship.

13 minutes ago, RetiredLifer said:

The one from Flatbush Flyer is slightly different then the one that you can access with the instructions I posted.  Up until 65 cruise days the charts are the same.  After that it is different.  For example:  We have a 77 day cruise in 2022 scheduled (late fall into winter). Flatbush Flyer's chart shows we would receive 7 cruise credits wherein the one I posted, we only receive 6 cruise credits.  If you schedule a 179 day cruise ( I do not think there are any of those) you still only get 6 cruise credits but if you have a cruise of just one more day (the Around The World), the credits jump from 6 to 15!

I can’t remember when I got that chart. I do know that, in recent years, some of the numbers have changed (as have the perks like spa credit amounts).

The other monster change a few years ago was the limitations on optional choice of booking separate adjacent cruise segments vs extended journeys or combo cruises. That transition was a real mess because so many TAs were out-of-the-loop.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Thanks, I knew it was somewhere. I can't seem to cut & paste from that though. 

Oceania seems to make  things so complicated  when it does not need to be

good thing we like them or the frustration in finding things on their website would put me off  😃

Looks like the 2nd chart was printed before  the Nov 2019 changes 

when the new perks went into effect

see note at bottom of the chart

• Like 1

go to O website.  On black banner across top far right find "ultimate value."  Select

click on "oceania club benefits" then see a series of rectangles/badges starting with "blue" and ending with "presidential."  Beneath them in small print is the # of cruises for that level. 

click on any and find what benefits one gets at that level. 

We had the same issue but it was because of our canceled cruises....when booked it showed us in a higher level (on our invoices) but when they were canceled then future cruise invoices showed the lower level. 

31 minutes ago, cbb said:

go to O website.  On black banner across top far right find "ultimate value."  Select

click on "oceania club benefits" then see a series of rectangles/badges starting with "blue" and ending with "presidential."  Beneath them in small print is the # of cruises for that level. 

But it does not tell you the number of days  each cruise  has to be to get the cruise credit

that was the point  of this exercise

See post #9

16 minutes ago, basor said:

We had the same issue but it was because of our canceled cruises....when booked it showed us in a higher level (on our invoices) but when they were canceled then future cruise invoices showed the lower level. 

That makes sense  as you actually have to set foot on the ship to get the credit

even if you do not complete the cruise you will still get the credit 

1 hour ago, cbb said:

The numbers in that chart are not the number of “cruises.” Rather, it is the number of “cruise credits,” which vary by itinerary length.

The second of two charts (each in a separate post) states the number of nights in any given “itinerary” (I.e., single or multi-segment with a single booking number) required for 1 or more cruise credits. 
For example, If I remember correctly: if your first O cruise is ATW, you automatically get enough cruise credits to be “gold.” 

Again, O Club level depends on number of “credits” -  not number of “cruises.”