First time ever on Princess and....

southernshug

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 7:00 AM, skynight said:

It is very easy to search for flights on EZ Air. Flights have been available around 330 days out from the return flight. One way flights are also very easy. Many different airlines and mostly any airport are available. Some airlines allow seat assignments, some do not. Some allow free luggage to their credit card members some do not. Some allow upgrades before final payment some do not. Have seen excellent pricing for international first/business class from the U.S., while U.S. domestic first/business class fares are not that good compared to direct airline booking. 

I'm also a first timer on Princess and have another question about EZ Air.  Our next cruise will be out of Sydney.  Never having been to Australia we would like to spend a week prior to the cruise touring.  Does EZ Air allow making flight arrangements to arrive a week before the sail date and/or several days after debarkation?

5 minutes ago, MaineYachtClub said:

I'm also a first timer on Princess and have another question about EZ Air.  Our next cruise will be out of Sydney.  Never having been to Australia we would like to spend a week prior to the cruise touring.  Does EZ Air allow making flight arrangements to arrive a week before the sail date and/or several days after debarkation?

Yes. Play around with it and you'll figure out what to do.

4 minutes ago, MaineYachtClub said:

Yes!  I have  never had a problem scheduling flights several days before and after the cruise.  Just input the dates you want to arrive and depart, and EZ Air will list the available flights. 

1 minute ago, Cruisen Elf said:

Yes!  I have  never had a problem scheduling flights several days before and after the cruise.  Just input the dates you want to arrive and depart, and EZ Air will list the available flights. 

Great, that's what I was hoping to hear.  We're still over 400 days until sail date, so I can't play with it yet, but will as soon as it opens up.  Thanks!

27 minutes ago, MaineYachtClub said:

Great, that's what I was hoping to hear.  We're still over 400 days until sail date, so I can't play with it yet, but will as soon as it opens up.  Thanks!

You are correct that you cannot yet play with the EZ Air feature for your cruise but you can select any other cruise and “flight quotes” for that cruise. Gives you the chance to play with the features, now if you wish, without doing more than picking a cruise and selecting “flight quotes”. You won’t even have to pick a cabin or do a mock booking.

You can also select alternate airports. Example, fly to Melbourne, spend some time there then on to Sydney. You may be able to book as a through flight with a stopover, or you may have to book the Melbourne to Sydney flight on your own. As others say play with it.

15 hours ago, MaineYachtClub said:

Not sure if this was answered already, but you can book with EZ-Air starting 330 days before the scheduled END of your cruise. But as others said, yes, you can book with a visit at the departure port before or after your cruise. I don't know how much time between the cruise and your air flight, but I've never heard any limits. In my experience, EZ-Air is a very, very good deal both on price and flexibility.

Doug

14 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

You are correct that you cannot yet play with the EZ Air feature for your cruise but you can select any other cruise and “flight quotes” for that cruise. Gives you the chance to play with the features, now if you wish, without doing more than picking a cruise and selecting “flight quotes”. You won’t even have to pick a cabin or do a mock booking.

I did not know that, glad you posted it.😎

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I did not know that, glad you posted it.😎

Doug

You are welcome! The main problem with doing this is the pricing is not correct. One thing I learned by playing, is you have to select the cabin class on both legs of the trip. Just because you choose, for example, first class on your outbound leg, the default for the return leg will be economy!! Sure wouldn’t want to desire a higher class both ways and get surprised on the return trip.

17 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

You are welcome! The main problem with doing this is the pricing is not correct. One thing I learned by playing, is you have to select the cabin class on both legs of the trip. Just because you choose, for example, first class on your outbound leg, the default for the return leg will be economy!! Sure wouldn’t want to desire a higher class both ways and get surprised on the return trip.

Good point. We have only used coach in the past, but we have a UK cruise in the distant future and may consider something with more than 23.45 mm of leg room!😲

• Like 1