Return to normalcy?

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So unless I misread post #168, the implication is that masks reduced the spread of the virus, hence less people with antibodies. 

True when vaccine are not available. By limiting virus transmission emergence of new, (potentially more hazardous), variants is greatly reduced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then there would be loads of people with antibodies in those states.

But there would also be a lot more deaths. Natural herd immunity is very risky. It can take out a good part of the population, the vulnerable especially.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mek said:

I visited where you live once on vacation.  I would love to live there but it's too far away from my family.

My family is in New York. That is OK by me as air travel has made it easy for visiting. We have also used AutoTrain to travel to NY.

On 3/29/2021 at 2:47 PM, badaple92 said:

I live in NJ and along with NY we are the top 2 in the country.  Don't leave the house with out a mask.  Haven't seen others without a mask either. What does that tell you?

It tells me they don't work and all the people who believe they do have been scammed.

Edited by Sky616
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, yogimax said:

Actually, as of yesterday, NY was 14th best, Florida 13th worst.  I have many friends in Florida.  I worry about their well being.

Well, since neither are in top 10 or bottom 10, who cares

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Where I live, mask wearing is 50/50.  People shop and go out in restaurants w/o masks on.....since it is personal choice in Florida

I see more madk compliance than that in central Florida. Seriously, almost every store i shop at says madks are required.

I constantly get temp checked for doctors offices, spas, gyms, etc..

On 3/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, time4u2go said:

Also, people seem to think that death is the only bad thing that can come of this virus. That is obviously not the case.

Good to see you back on that tangent😉

On 3/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s my understanding that NJ/NY have been coming out of lockdown. Are you saying you were never in total lockdown? I’d like to know more. 

Why then I wonder why we have a thread about returning to normalcy?

Thanks

M8

Broadway is locked down

On 3/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, coffeebean said:

This is why I don't pay attention to the numbers and stats. Never have. When the same person tests positive several times while waiting to test negative to go back to work, and each test is added to the count......then I realized that those numbers are skewed and not accurate to tell any kind of trend.

I paid attention to when our health care system was overwhelmed in certain parts of the country. I paid attention to when there were refrigerated trucks holding bodies that had no where to go because morgues were full. That is what I paid attention to. Hopefully, with the vaccines, those horrific scenarios will not occur again.

I've never had a covid symptom, but have been tested in excess of 30 times, all negative. That also skews the numbers, in my opinion

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Strange response.  In case you missed it, people are still dying

Our daily average is one. I can accept that. Vaccine is working

Screenshot_20210405-183101_Google.thumb.jpg.a25fdf0468e311bd8cf276105fc5dc98.jpg

#vaccinatedandstillmasking

Edited by John&LaLa

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our daily average is one. I can accept that. Vaccine is working

Screenshot_20210405-183101_Google.thumb.jpg.a25fdf0468e311bd8cf276105fc5dc98.jpg

#vaccinatedandstillmasking

UK is record 10 to 26 deaths every day. 10 deaths on the weekend 26 on this easter monday. Cases down to around 2800 per day with mass testing for the schools. I would say vaccine is working and working pretty effectively.

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

UK is record 10 to 26 deaths every day. 10 deaths on the weekend 26 on this easter monday. Cases down to around 2800 per day with mass testing for the schools. I would say vaccine is working and working pretty effectively.

In Florida, Monday always runs high. Backlog from weekend I guess

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 12:31 PM, yogimax said:

Actually, as of yesterday, NY was 14th best, Florida 13th worst.  I have many friends in Florida.  I worry about their well being.

I can't think of one person i ever met that moved from Florida to NY; you have a hard sell!  (I think NY state is beautiful, by the way. I grew up in PA, also beautiful.) Higher positivity rate, to me, isn't by itself a huge negative. Hospitalizations and deaths, yes. Many mild cases will help move us toward herd immunity.