Monday Mar 29, 2021

richwmn

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, let’s hope there is no repeat. One of the feistiest women in my gym classes had a stroke two years ago. She said it was a minor one. I do not know what the criteria is that makes it minor vs major.  In my mind they are all major, but evidently the medical field feels differently. 

So let’s hope your MIL suffered a minor stroke, and there is no repeat. 

That's our hope, too.  We want her to make it to 95 years old four months from now.  I'm feeling less confident today but hope she gets a little better in the next couple of days.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Oh I am saddened to hear about your dear MIL. That sure sounds like a mild stroke. I pray she will regain strength and I am happy she was not alone and in this great facility when they found her! I am also happy she is eating too!

God bless you and your family during this stressful time of not being there! 
Remember you have all of us as your strength to help you!! If you need us always speak out. We are hear!

This place was such a pillar of strength for me when my dear friend passed. 🌺

Sincerely,

Denise🙏

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh dear 😱 So sorry to hear this 😢 

Hopefully it was not a major one and she will recover well.

How sad after the fight she has had to recover.  Our prayers are with you and her 🙏🏻 

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am so sorry to hear this.  But, your DMIL's feisty ways sure show with her lunch choices.  Good for her!  At least you do know what you are dealing with now.  That does give you a path forward.

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement!  I told you she had quite an appetite since she recovered from Covid and bronchitis!  I love that about her.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, let’s hope there is no repeat. One of the feistiest women in my gym classes had a stroke two years ago. She said it was a minor one. I do not know what the criteria is that makes it minor vs major.  In my mind they are all major, but evidently the medical field feels differently. 

So let’s hope your MIL suffered a minor stroke, and there is no repeat. 

And not to forget you @cat shepard.  You are right about minor versus major strokes.  We are praying hard for her.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just heard the report from the hospice nurse.  They are of the opinion DMIL had a stroke last night.  She is better than she was last night but they notice her right hand won't grip and some weakness in her left arm.  She wanted nothing to eat for breakfast then was ravenous for lunch.  A burger, onion rings and a shake!  They will be watching the next few days to see if there are any changes.  But it looks like this is what we get for now.  So sad to hear this diagnosis.  

Sorry about the diagnosis.  Good sign she was hungry at lunch.  Hope there is improvement over the next days and weeks.

Lenda

• Like 7

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Happy Beautiful Spring Day, Dailyites!  It really is pretty here in San Diego.  Dry skies are forecast, so I'm washing windows --getting ready for Easter.  🌹🌺🌻

I actually took piano lessons for quite a long time. My repertoire:  Greensleeves, Fur Elise, and The Bear Boogie.   End. of. Repertoire.   🤣

I took piano lessons from Thearle's Music in San Diego. Not my idea but Mom's.....

• Like 9

9 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Thought I would add a picture for National Vietnam War Veterans Day.  I was there in 1970 and again in 1972.  The number one souvenir that people sent home were large ceramic elephants, called BUFE (Big, Ugly, Funny, Elephants.  Obviously those who worked in the Post Office hated them.  I sent home three.  Here is one.P1010266.thumb.JPG.8dbdacb45a5d32684efc41c2fbbf372f.JPG

That's not exactly what we called them. My sweet husband was in Vietnam in 70-71. Helicopter pilot.. same elephant sent home...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That's our hope, too.  We want her to make it to 95 years old four months from now.  I'm feeling less confident today but hope she gets a little better in the next couple of days.

Let's hope she makes it to 100!! She's in my prayers..

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

🤸‍♀️👭Yes, but who started the trouble? 

You know.... Our beautiful sporty talented caring loving sommelier 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

I believe being the middle sister is the best! We pick on you more! LOL❤️
When it comes right down to it, I have the best sisters around! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

That's not exactly what we called them. My sweet husband was in Vietnam in 70-71. Helicopter pilot.. same elephant sent home...

Well, I didn't want a repeat of yesterday's problem, so I didn't want to be exact...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5