Norwegian Pearl will probably be the 1st ship to start cruises from Greece in Summer 2021

According to the port registries Norwegian Pearl will be the first ship to resume operations in Greece.

It will homeported in Piraeus (as it was originally planned) and the itinerary will most likely be the following one starting from the 18th of July:

Piraeus (Athens), Iraklion (Crete), Rhodes, Mykonos, Argostoli (Kefalonia), Corfu, Santorini, Piraeus (Athens).

Basically it's the 7 Night Greek Isles: Santorini, Mykonos & Rhodes itinerary without Kusadasi & Patmos (both replaced by a day in Iraklion, Crete).

Note that until this is officially announced, it may change again.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 3

Wahoo! This makes me super happy as I'm booked on the Pearl for this coming October to the Greek isles. Our original cruise was a 7 day with 8 ports of call. If the itinerary changes slightly I'm fine with that so long as I get to go. 

*runs off to check the upgrade prices to switch to Haven, just in case*

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

*runs off to check the upgrade prices to switch to Haven, just in case*

Don't forget about that magnificent 3BR Garden Villa on the Pearl for a certain group of "rodents" on a short 4-day cruise out of Miami 😉.

(I know, it's like herding cats instead of rats. But, I'm still a 👍).

Yesterday Piraeus cruise schedule updated again and now it shows Norwegian Jade in the spot of Norwegian Pearl for the summer 2021 cruises.

Starting date is the 20th of July with a 4 night cruise.

And from the 24th of July the normal 7 night Greek Isles cruises.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yesterday Piraeus cruise schedule updated again and now it shows Norwegian Jade in the spot of Norwegian Pearl for the summer 2021 cruises.

Starting date is the 20th of July with a 4 night cruise.

And from the 24th of July the normal 7 night Greek Isles cruises.

Can you provide the link to this site.  If this is correct then they are changing the sail dates from Sunday to Saturday which creates a scheduling issue for us.  

I hope you are right. We are booked on the NCL Pearl departing from Athens Sept. 26, 2021, and our booking is frozen. The sailing is not showing up as available. I thought the Greece sailing would be more likely to go, but we will have to wait and see. 

11 hours ago, stephensfamily5 said:

We were booked on the NCL Pearl departing Athens on Sept. 26, 2021.  I just contacted NCL because it is not showing up on the schedule any more, and was informed that it is cancelled.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but what do I know??

They are changing the ship. They will put Norwegian Jade in its place with a slightly different itinerary so that's why I think they took the current itineraries down.

17 hours ago, stephensfamily5 said:

We were booked on the NCL Pearl departing Athens on Sept. 26, 2021.  I just contacted NCL because it is not showing up on the schedule any more, and was informed that it is cancelled.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but what do I know??

At the moment The Jade is parked in Naples, Italy and The Pearl is parked in the Caribbean.  Much easier to move The Jade into position for a Greek cruise.

Got my email from NCL today and I'm super disappointed. Exact same dates, nearly identical itinerary (one less port of call than I originally booked), but for me to rebook on the Jade it will cost us $3K more for the same cabin. Why couldn't they just transfer our reservation over to the Jade and honor what we paid originally?

Even with the whopping 10% discount for the inconvenience it doesn't come close to making up for the price gouging increase when from we originally booked. 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Got my email from NCL today and I'm super disappointed. Exact same dates, nearly identical itinerary (one less port of call than I originally booked), but for me to rebook on the Jade it will cost us $3K more for the same cabin. Why couldn't they just transfer our reservation over to the Jade and honor what we paid originally?

Even with the whopping 10% discount for the inconvenience it doesn't come close to making up for the price gouging increase when from we originally booked. 

I have a similar problem but slightly different due to the use of CruiseNext - they won't allow me to reapply all of them b/c the sailing date is too close. 

The cost, the sail dates, etc. - none of that is the fault of the customer.  Really frustrated.  We're kind of held hostage here and they're taking advantage of us.

Edited by ogredave

We had our cruise cancelled for the pearl but just rebooked on the Jade for the same dates. With the 10% discount it worked out a little bit cheaper than what we originally paid and we got the $200 onboard credit which we didn't have last time 😃

2 hours ago, JMA1794 said:

We had our cruise cancelled for the pearl but just rebooked on the Jade for the same dates. With the 10% discount it worked out a little bit cheaper than what we originally paid and we got the $200 onboard credit which we didn't have last time 😃

Guess it depends greatly on the cabin type booked. My friend was booked on the same sailing with us in a regular balcony cabin, and I think she said her price would have gone down about $100 if she rebooked. They're too nervous about current CDC and her local job requirements for quarantine pre/post cruise to risk it and have outright cancelled and walked away.

We were originally booked for 3 people in a 2 bedroom suite. That price is now over 3K more than what we booked it at originally. Plus the new sailing is losing a port. Original trip was 7 days 8 ports of call, new sailing is less. For us it's all about the itinerary and stops, so 3K more for less trip is a no from us.