Refusal to honour on board credit

I’ve posted previously about RCI cancelling my B2B cruise on Adventure later this year. Anyway I’ve still not had any official confirmation that it’s been cancelled but that seems to be par for the course. I asked my TA to try and get my future cruise credits of £2268 and on board credit of $1200 transferred to another cruise I’ve booked for September 2022. I’ve just been advised by my TA that RCI have transferred the FCC’s to this cruise but refuse to honour my on board credit. This was applied to my now cancelled 2021 cruise. I find this incredulous that they won’t honour something that I already had and was cancelled by Royal Caribbean themselves. Any views or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

If the Onboard credit was from booking on board and a redeployment it should be able to be transferred to another sailing.  If it was from your TA or another promo that Royal was running at the time you booked it would be lost

2 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Various cancellations from cruises where they pulled the ship and moved it somewhere else. Dubai was one

1 minute ago, scottraveller said:

Another amount was from a booking I made on board and they then cancelled the sailing

Redeployment OBC and booking on board OBC can be transferred.  My TA has move both of them for me more than once.  Keep trying.  

3 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Various cancellations from cruises where they pulled the ship and moved it somewhere else. Dubai was one

Call back.  I just moved $1600 in OBC last week.  Moved lots over the past year for myself and clients.

This is from the FAQ's

7. What will happen to my client's NextCruise onboard credit if he/she chooses to cancel?

When choosing Cruise with Confidence, NextCruise onboard credits will be reallocated to your client’s future booking. Additionally, if your client has received onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow them to the new reservation. If your client chooses to cancel without opting for a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the NextCruise onboard credit will be forfeited.

They're doing the same thing to me.  "we can't transfer it to another booking, it has to be a NEW booking".  I will call today and sit on the phone this time.  Not my fault they keep cancelling cruises.

1 minute ago, celoplyr said:

They're doing the same thing to me.  "we can't transfer it to another booking, it has to be a NEW booking".  I will call today and sit on the phone this time.  Not my fault they keep cancelling cruises.

In the dozen or so that I have done NONE have been to a new booking.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

In the dozen or so that I have done NONE have been to a new booking.

yeah I know.  They just don't want to give me the onboard credit of about $2000 that has been transferred for multiple cancelled bookings.  Some of which were cancelled at their request over CDC (moving ships around). Which, at this point is fine, refund the money.

Just now, celoplyr said:

yeah I know.  They just don't want to give me the onboard credit of about $2000 that has been transferred for multiple cancelled bookings.  Some of which were cancelled at their request over CDC (moving ships around). Which, at this point is fine, refund the money.

The OBC that my TA has successfully transferred for me has also be jockeyed around several times.  Keep trying

Thanks for the responses which are really helpful and what I thought to be honest. It’s even written in the FAQ’s so thanks for that ourusualbeach. They’re trying to fob me off although my TA has now escalated it. I might try and escalate it as well

• Like 1