Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Adult pool cabanas. They are loaded every afternoon . Those pools are 5+ people in all of them. I guess groups get together and rent the cabanas.

Ā 

One day when I walked through a guy yelled ā€œgo Bucs!ā€ I asked if he was from Boston. Seriously something you never heard a year ago.

AB7FCF0C-DA48-4DF2-8DF9-35F4838BDD18.jpeg

I mean you heard it 23 years ago from me, but... Iā€™m just sayin! šŸ˜‰šŸˆšŸ†šŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Test wasnā€™t bad just a little tickle. Bring your passport because they take that.

Ā 

Ā 

How long did it take to get the results?Ā  Curious because we leave for Cancun next Sunday.Ā  The Westin arranges someone from a hospital to come to the resort to perform the testing.

Ā 

Unfortunately the Westin isn't an AI but the "villa" has a full kitchen.Ā  After a quick run to Costco to get Don Julio tequila (which s $20 cheaper thanĀ prices in Florida) we'll be "happy".šŸ¹

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I really thought you would be at Twists more than you have been. Thought that would be your alchemy bar substitute.Ā 

Thatā€™s what I thought but itā€™s not really a ā€œcocktailā€ bar. Itā€™s just the night bar. Itā€™s the bar thatā€™s open when Iā€™m at dinner and the shows and later. You can get cocktails there just like any other bar but thereā€™s nothing special about it other than itā€™s open at night.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thatā€™s what I thought but itā€™s not really a ā€œcocktailā€ bar. Itā€™s just the night bar. Itā€™s the bar thatā€™s open when Iā€™m at dinner and the shows and later. You can get cocktails there just like any other bar but thereā€™s nothing special about it other than itā€™s open at night.

Pity! šŸ˜ž

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

Ā 

How long did it take to get the results?Ā  Curious because we leave for Cancun next Sunday.Ā  The Westin arranges someone from a hospital to come to the resort to perform the testing.

Ā 

Unfortunately the Westin isn't an AI but the "villa" has a full kitchen.Ā  After a quick run to Costco to get Don Julio tequila (which s $20 cheaper thanĀ prices in Florida) we'll be "happy".šŸ¹

Hope you have so much fun! We are headed down too in 30 days!!Ā 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes.

• Like 1

I stopped by the front desk to see if I could get some more 1ā€™s. Anyone who comes here without any is screwed. Or maybe the employees are because 1ā€™s are tough to get. I gave the front desk a 20. They gave me two $5Ā and ten $1. She said that was all they had and recommended a bellman. I got $5 from one bellman and $5 from another bellman.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

What is the protocol if someone tested positive? I assume you would have to stay, but how does all that work?

Some of the resorts offer you up to 10 days free quarantine. I know RIU is in that number. This one offers a discounted rate for quarantine. Iā€™m not sure whatĀ that is.

Ā 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Is this the "all the way up your nose to your brain" test? šŸ˜Ø

Iā€™m not sure. It was a long swab. Ā But I didnā€™t feel anything beyond a little tickle in my nostril. They had me look at the ceiling so I didnā€™t see how far they stuck it.

Ā 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1