The Daily for Monday Apr 05, 2021

richwmn

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, and to Roy for the Lists. 

We have been to Pago Pago (Pango Pango) a few times, where the MacDonalds is one of the busiest per capita  in the world.

Always remember seeing the local bus labelled "Air Conditioned"   which mean't  no glass in the windows.

It's a lovely sunny day here,  22C expected .

This afternoon an announcement is due regarding  an Isolation free Travel "Bubble" with Australia.

Keep well, stay safe everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tony, that has happened to both of us!  On April 8, 2017 we were on the Maasdam and celebrated my birthday in the Pinnacle Grill. enhance

The following day was also my birthday due to the going back and forth across the International Date Line, so they brought me out another cake at our late seating table in the main dining room.  This time the dining room staff sang Panjang Umurnya.enhance

@StLouisCruisers  You are correct that on Birthdays in Indonesia they sing the song that we always hear on the ships  Panjang Umurnya  . What I was trying to say in my post was that because of the Colonial historie  ( Indonesia used to be called  Dutch East Indies  from about 1800 until  about 1948 )  the tune is a Dutch tune  called " Lang zal ze leven "  freely translated " Wishing you a long life "  while the Indonesian lyrics also mean "Long is his / her age " . 

• Like 3