Viking Jupiter cabin 6060

ellenw

Booked the Viking Jupiter for July 6, 2022. We are in cabin 6060. As I look at the deck plans, I realize that we are below the pool and pool grill. Has anyone stayed in this area on any of the Viking Ocean ships? Were there issues from overhead noise?

I found two comments on CC about deck 6 cabins. Both under World Cafe. One had a horrible experience with noise, the other had no issue. 

I'm thinking we may want to try to get the same category on deck 5. Thoughts?

Thanks

We had a room a few doors forward of this on one of our cruises in 2019–can’t remember which one now. But there was a party at the pool with the Viking Band and it was very noisy—had to complain to guest services a couple of times over the evening and they eventually shut down about a half hour after they were supposed to. I think we had to get up for an early excursion and had tried to retire early.

That said—I think if you make it a point to check in with the cruise director at embarkation—let them know you want a quiet experience. They don’t have to do band parties there. You can also try to change rooms now though, too!

11 hours ago, ellenw said:

Booked the Viking Jupiter for July 6, 2022. We are in cabin 6060. As I look at the deck plans, I realize that we are below the pool and pool grill. Has anyone stayed in this area on any of the Viking Ocean ships? Were there issues from overhead noise?

I found two comments on CC about deck 6 cabins. Both under World Cafe. One had a horrible experience with noise, the other had no issue. 

I'm thinking we may want to try to get the same category on deck 5. Thoughts?

Thanks

You are obviously worried about this and are going to spent the next 15 months thinking about it. Perhaps you should make the change now and get it off your plate.

However, Viking is weird about these things and may consider the change to a cancellation and a new booking. I'm not sure and it is better not to have any surprises. Talk with your TA or Viking rep and ask point blank if changing cabin means cancel and rebook or simply a change of category and adjust price?

11 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

You are obviously worried about this and are going to spent the next 15 months thinking about it. Perhaps you should make the change now and get it off your plate.

However, Viking is weird about these things and may consider the change to a cancellation and a new booking. I'm not sure and it is better not to have any surprises. Talk with your TA or Viking rep and ask point blank if changing cabin means cancel and rebook or simply a change of category and adjust price?

You are right about me thinking about this for 15 months. Great way to state it. Have read many of your posts, and now realize why so many people appreciate your opinion.

I'm going to check with our TA about moving from deck 6 to deck 5. Cabins above and an below. Better set up.

Glad to be of help.

And glad to to have a chance to review what I said because I realize that I wasn't clear. One of the problems with "cancel and re-book" is that it may cost you more that what you are paying for 6060 for a lower category cabin. If you have to re-book, it will be at today's prices and with today's discounts -- and not at the prices of your original booking (unless you just booked this month).

You can't decide whether or not you want to move your cabin until you know what is is going to cost you, especially if it is going to cost you more. Note, I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay more more for your cabin; I'm only saying that you should know what the numbers are before you make any decision: your vacation, your money, your choice.

6 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Glad to be of help.

And glad to to have a chance to review what I said because I realize that I wasn't clear. One of the problems with "cancel and re-book" is that it may cost you more that what you are paying for 6060 for a lower category cabin. If you have to re-book, it will be at today's prices and with today's discounts -- and not at the prices of your original booking (unless you just booked this month).

You can't decide whether or not you want to move your cabin until you know what is is going to cost you, especially if it is going to cost you more. Note, I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay more more for your cabin; I'm only saying that you should know what the numbers are before you make any decision: your vacation, your money, your choice.

We just booked the cruise this week once we got official notification that our July 2021 was cancelled. I would think there would be no price difference for staying in the same category. According to the deck plans, there are many similar cabins on the next deck down. Just don't know how many might be available Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

We stayed on 6th floor once - 6048.  I'm sorry to tell you we don't do that anymore.  We always choose the 5th floor if we can.  The two main issues were chairs and tables being dragged around at 3 AM by the crew, setting up for the next day, as well as the bands/parties by the pool.

I took a picture of the Viking ship from the pier (I think Stockholm) on starboard side and then put labels on for the room numbers.  This has helped guide me in picking rooms.  6061 is opposite 6060.  So from the pictures, you "may" be OK - certainly better than 6049/6048.  You would be on the port side right below where people come into the Pool Grill area - where they cook up burgers, fish, and more during lunchtime.  You might be far enough aft.  Don't know.  Hope this helps.

1603144977_VikingRoomNumbersTenders.thumb.JPG.09a4f6e817b1e99c0b046b9f80cfb351.JPG

• Like 1

"We stayed on 6th floor once - 6048.  I'm sorry to tell you we don't do that anymore.  We always choose the 5th floor if we can.  The two main issues were chairs and tables being dragged around at 3 AM by the crew, setting up for the next day, as well as the bands/parties by the pool."

The chair moving was my concern. Thanks for the input. Waiting to hear back from our travel agent on what she can do about relocating us to deck 5. 

• Like 1

Our TA talked with Viking and got back to me. First, the cruise is just about sold out so no options on a different deck in the same category. 

Second, and most important, she helped me realize that our cabin is back several cabins from the pool and pool grill. We are by the lifts which Viking says is an extremely desirable location. I am counting on that!

Thanks again for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, ellenw said:

Our TA talked with Viking and got back to me. First, the cruise is just about sold out so no options on a different deck in the same category. 

Second, and most important, she helped me realize that our cabin is back several cabins from the pool and pool grill. We are by the lifts which Viking says is an extremely desirable location. I am counting on that!

Thanks again for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Great!  per my picture, I thought you would be far from the pool deck and "bandstand" area - far enough forward.  And she's right, I forgot you are right near the lifts as well.  Easy access to everything.  I think you will enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Great!  per my picture, I thought you would be far from the pool deck and "bandstand" area - far enough forward.  And she's right, I forgot you are right near the lifts as well.  Easy access to everything.  I think you will enjoy it.

Funny. On the big cruise ships, you don't want to be to close to the lift/elevator because of the noise of so many people and all the "pinging" when the cars are arriving. Really looking forward to a different experience.

2 hours ago, ellenw said:

First, the cruise is just about sold out so no options on a different deck in the same category. 

You don't have to give up on your quest for Deck 5.  Cabins will come and go between now and your sail date over a year from now.  If you really want to move down to deck 5, ask your TA to keep trying. As long as Viking does not consider changing cabin within a category to be a cancellation and a new booking, with persistence, you may be able to make the change you want. It is a long time between now and July, 2022.