Resuming Cruising with a COVID-19 Cruise Ticket Contract

On 4/11/2021 at 8:16 AM, BirdTravels said:

Unfortunately, vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching COVID. They only prevent you from becoming seriously sick

and spread the disease when

you catch it. 

Oh for crying out loud. We can not keep living like this, this has gotten ridiculous. Life has a little danger in it, time we all except that and learn to live again.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, BecciBoo said:

I feel the same way and now that our Governor has rescinded the protocols, My masks are going into a drawer at least here. Even in stores, if they ask me I will reply "Ask the Governor".  I'm willing to capitulate for the sake of our cruise though, I am cruising no matter what.  For the cruise I am taking my acrylic mask, I love it.  Let's me breath and everyone can see.  No one has ever questioned it except to ask where I got it!

So you plan on going into a store and going against their rules when they ask you to wear a mask because you don’t want to, yet you are willing to capitulate if Royal requires it because it suits you? 🙄🙄🙄 Isn’t that being hypocritical?

Maybe you should pay attention to what your governor also said, “it's important to be courteous of others and to be mindful that we need to protect ourselves and others. Commonsense should govern." He also asked the public to continue to respect the decisions of businesses and venues that ask people to wear masks, such as restaurants, stores, schools that decide to continue a mask policy, hospitals and health care providers and salons. It seems like common sense and respect eludes some people.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 4:53 PM, B Midged said:

What are you going to do, argue with a 16 year old kid just trying to do their job?  That’s sickening. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

She probably would.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, BecciBoo said:

By the way, the word is drivel, not dribble.  Dribble is what you do eating your pablum.  Go bother someone who appreciates it.  And don't bother...I won't be seeing anything you post anymore...gotta love the block.

Why do you feel the need to constantly correct peoples spelling, grammar, etc? You are constantly doing it. I guess it makes some people feel superior. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, harkinmr said:

I wouldn’t give a care about BecciBoo’s “ignore”.  She doesn’t like to have anyone disagree with her ridiculous comments under any circumstances. I stand proud as one of the Ignored.  Apparently she doesn’t understand the concept of a “discussion board”. 

Well said.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, bouhunter said:

No.  None of the vaccines are 100% effective.  Last week they had counted 200+ fully vaccinated people in Michigan who got covid AFTER the 2 weeks following the second vaccine.  And that's only the ones who were found and verified.

In Mn, we have approx 1.5 million fully vaxxed.  Just read an article that we have 88 documented breakthrough cases.  0 deaths, and a little over 20 hospitalizations amongst that 88.  Not arguing, just wanted to add some additional stats.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, HicksRA said:

Sounds like trying to take a vacation inside a hospital ward. 

I've been saying it since March 2020 (even though I'm not Nostradamus).  I call it a "luxury fancy paid multi-thousand multi-day field trip to the Hospital".

Edited by kirtihk

On 4/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, DCGuy64 said:

I definitely won't be wearing a mask just because other people are afraid, I can tell you that. Now, if a cruise line requires one, I'll have to decide whether to cruise with that line or go with one that doesn't require them. And if they ALL do, then I suppose I'll have to go along with the charade and bring one with me, but make sure I'm eating and drinking 24/7, LOL.

I'm with you!  However, here is a problem.  Since recently I read about "ACTIVE" eating requirement.  So, I am guessing, what I will vanish from first, from drinking or overeating.  Remember, those Medieval time tortures?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I'm with you!  However, here is a problem.  Since recently I read about "ACTIVE" eating requirement.  So, I am guessing, what I will vanish from first, from drinking or overeating.  Remember, those Medieval time tortures?

Haha, good point. I plan to put whatever unlimited beverage package I may have, to full use! 🍷🍺🍸

It remains to be seen how actively such a requirement would be enforced. Generally, when my wife and I eat breakfast, it's a fairly quick affair. I like to do lots of walking when onboard, so I usually go for a 20-30 minute walk after eating and my wife goes to take a nap. 💤🛌😴

When we were at EPCOT in December, the Disney folks did require you to be standing or sitting down and drinking/eating. (no walking around eating and drinking slowly, sans mask.) I am definitely going to be checking here on CC to see what it's like for others who cruise before we do. 

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Haha, good point. I plan to put whatever unlimited beverage package I may have, to full use! 🍷🍺🍸

It remains to be seen how actively such a requirement would be enforced. Generally, when my wife and I eat breakfast, it's a fairly quick affair. I like to do lots of walking when onboard, so I usually go for a 20-30 minute walk after eating and my wife goes to take a nap. 💤🛌😴

When we were at EPCOT in December, the Disney folks did require you to be standing or sitting down and drinking/eating. (no walking around eating and drinking slowly, sans mask.) I am definitely going to be checking here on CC to see what it's like for others who cruise before we do. 

On cruises I constantly wandering around with a glass of champagne in the morning transferring to Vermouth around noon,  then white wine/beer, gradually to red wine, cognac, gin, scotch, and port at the finale. If one will dare to stop me from doing it...

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, bouhunter said:

I'm  Michigan too, and EVERYWHERE WE GO (restaurants, stores, etc) people are WEARING MASKS.  Almost never see anyone not wearing a mask indoors.  You're implying that many people aren't wearing masks and that simply is not true.     And it's very interesting that most everyone in Michigan is wearing masks most everywhere, and cases are blowing up.  Hmmm.....

What area are you in? People are definitely wearing them more in Washtenaw County where I live, but we drove to Zeeland to get our vaccine, and on the way back stopped at not one but two different gas stations where literally no one was wearing a mask (not on their necks, not dick noses, like flat out no masks). Even in A2, I watched two men go into Moe's last week with no masks.