Large Re-Start In Europe

KennyFla

We have a cruise booked on Seaview round the Med in late July but it now seems the ship will deploy to northern Europe or Baltic at that time. So the question is will we be required to rebook another ship staying in the Med or have the opportunity to stay with Seaview on its northern route? Looking at our booking on the MSC site we have been moved to early June which is no us as the kids will be at school. Hopefully clarification will be forthcoming shortly!

28 minutes ago, Pet said:

We have a cruise booked on Seaview round the Med in late July but it now seems the ship will deploy to northern Europe or Baltic at that time. So the question is will we be required to rebook another ship staying in the Med or have the opportunity to stay with Seaview on its northern route? Looking at our booking on the MSC site we have been moved to early June which is no us as the kids will be at school. Hopefully clarification will be forthcoming shortly!

I would guess that Seaview may only carry German guests as Virtuosa is doing in the UK.

Out of curiosity I just checked our original Virtuosa August 1-8 booking (embarking in Copenhagen) to see if it had been transferred to Seaview.  It’s now showing as a one night cruise (on Virtuosa) from Genoa to Barcelona on 28 April!   😱😩🤣

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Out of curiosity I just checked our original Virtuosa August 1-8 booking (embarking in Copenhagen) to see if it had been transferred to Seaview.  It’s now showing as a one night cruise (on Virtuosa) from Genoa to Barcelona on 28 April!   😱😩🤣

Is it showing as a NAR?

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

What's NAR?

NAR appears to be a  code for bookings on sailings for that have been unscheduled. The original reservation gets put in NAR temporarily, usually on a much earlier sailing that does not exist.

It seems like it is  just a holding spot for the reservation.

• Thanks 1

Hi Beamafar! On other threads they have posted about similar changes to their bookings.  NAR has appeared when they login to MSC.  When I typed in acronyms on a websearch there are 53 options as to what it may mean.  I personally think it means New Access Router!

By the way, I am still booked onto the MSC Magnifica sailing for 14th May 2021.  It was the 2 night sailing, which I booked via Germany.  MSC Germany are still insisting it will be sailing!! Final payment was yesterday but I haven't paid it.  I have just left it to the travel agency to sort it out - eventually!

32 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Ours is the same, @Beamafar, one day on 28 April. However, I learned earlier that the cruise we're supposed to do just 4 weeks after yours will be replaced by the MSC Seaview. I saw the port schedule for one of the ports in Norway we're due to visit, and the Seaview is listed there. I'll check and see if the same holds true for you.

Hi P .... we’ve now had 3 cruises cancelled and now the change to this August booking.  We also have a booking for Seashore in October which I don’t have any faith in that going ahead unchanged, either.

DH is now saying he doesn’t want to cruise ever again due to all the uncertainty and constant disappointments.   I’m so grateful that we managed to cruise as often as we did before all this craziness. 

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Ours is the same, @Beamafar, one day on 28 April. However, I learned earlier that the cruise we're supposed to do just 4 weeks after yours will be replaced by the MSC Seaview. I saw the port schedule for one of the ports in Norway we're due to visit, and the Seaview is listed there. I'll check and see if the same holds true for you.

Thanks DC but we’ve decided not to go.  I just don’t fancy being on a ship at the moment as the onboard experience won’t be the same.  I used an FCC for the deposit so am not at any more of a loss than I was when the booking that got me that FCC was cancelled. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks DC but we’ve decided not to go.  I just don’t fancy being on a ship at the moment as the onboard experience won’t be the same.  I used an FCC for the deposit so am not at any more of a loss than I was when the booking that got me that FCC was cancelled. 

Who knows if we'll even go? We want to, but if the borders don't open up for Yanks like us, I guess it won't matter what ship or what day. Good luck to you and DH!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Who knows if we'll even go? We want to, but if the borders don't open up for Yanks like us, I guess it won't matter what ship or what day. Good luck to you and DH!

I expect that the European borders will open for vaccinated tourists by August 2021.

Which is my MSC is planning to deploy 10 ships from August 2021

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, drsel said:

I expect that the European borders will open for vaccinated tourists by September 2021

We certainly hope they will, but have the option of canceling our cruise and using the money for another one up until September 30, 2022. Only time will tell, of course.

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

I expect that the European borders will open for vaccinated tourists by September 2021

Interested in your thoughts on why September and not July or December or any other starting point. Wondering if you have any "inside information" as to when this may occur. 

2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Interested in your thoughts on why September and not July or December or any other starting point. Wondering if you have any "inside information" as to when this may occur. 

No inside information dear.

Just that MSC announced 10 Cruise ships sailing from 1st August 2021.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

No inside information dear.

Just that MSC announced 10 Cruise ships sailing from 1st August 2021.

I think you have to treat the date as an intention to do so, whether it happens hangs on whether the ongoing issues within EU Countries subside enough to let it happen and if they will be for Schengen residents only.

2 hours ago, Cruisernat said:

NAR appears to be a  code for bookings on sailings for that have been unscheduled. The original reservation gets put in NAR temporarily, usually on a much earlier sailing that does not exist.

It seems like it is  just a holding spot for the reservation.

I have the same problem.

my September 2021 Cruise is shifted to May 2021 and showing as NAR.

Europe will not be open to tourists in May 2021

4 minutes ago, drsel said:

Does NAR stand for no actual reservation or no available reservation or not applicable reservation?

I spoke with an MSC agent earlier this week and she said it's just a placeholder. We have one, too, for April 28, woo-hoo! <sarcasm>  The agent told me they will adjust our reservation as soon as they can.

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I spoke with an MSC agent earlier this week and she said it's just a placeholder. We have one, too, for April 28, woo-hoo! <sarcasm>  The agent told me they will adjust our reservation as soon as they can.

Thanks I think it probably means no action required" on our part.

• Like 1