Excursions?

lvcrzn

on a number of ncl cruises we have taken, i like to split up the sanctioned shore excursions, and other times, we just walk off the ship and hire a cab.

im not cancelling my cruise just because i have to book an excursion thru the ship. we're not sailing until this oct, some hopefully by then it wont be an issue

Not for nothing, I have a cruise booked on 8/15 and I'm stuck doing all NCL excursions.  Granted, they're not AS expensive as I thought, but one would think they would give a little more than $50 shore excursion credit.  I want to just get off the ship, and go to the beach and it's still costing me and my wife $60 for 3 hours.  

I hope it doesn’t get extended to September. We have a cruise booked in September and didn’t get the $50 per day excursion credit. We have an inside cabin and chose drinks and dining for our 2 free at sea benefits (we don’t normally do cruise line excursions). The excursions look very expensive to me. I wonder if we can swap the dining benefit for the shore excursion benefit if we are forced to stay with the cruise line for our excursions.

The dining and drinks packages are much better value than the $50/port/cabin excursion credit. Since they are not really restarting until August, I would venture (with no real basis) that the ShoreEx restriction will continue for a while as they evaluate how the initial cruises are going.

That being said, Shore Excursions do sell out (especially if everyone is required to book an NCL cruise). Think about booking one, parting with cash, and cancelling it closer to cruise if the restrictions change. 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The dining and drinks packages are much better value than the $50/port/cabin excursion credit. Since they are not really restarting until August, I would venture (with no real basis) that the ShoreEx restriction will continue for a while as they evaluate how the initial cruises are going.

That being said, Shore Excursions do sell out (especially if everyone is required to book an NCL cruise). Think about booking one, parting with cash, and cancelling it closer to cruise if the restrictions change. 

Yes, that’s good advice. I’ll book what I really want to do now and cancel if we are allowed out on our own.