Info for UK cruisers re Covid certification

les37b

The question that's been asked many times regarding proving vaccine status has finally been answered.

I know it's been suggested the card given at the vaccine centre would be it, but was clearly too easy to forge and also proven to be the case as cards are being sold....  

So.... As of today, the NHS app, not only has your status, dates, type and batch details visible, it also has the option to print a certificate with all the details and QR code, plus emailable with a link to the government website that will pull up the same certificate.

The question has finally got the answer and it's a pretty good one IMHO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, les37b said:

The question that's been asked many times regarding proving vaccine status has finally been answered.

I know it's been suggested the card given at the vaccine centre would be it, but was clearly too easy to forge and also proven to be the case as cards are being sold....  

So.... As of today, the NHS app, not only has your status, dates, type and batch details visible, it also has the option to print a certificate with all the details and QR code, plus emailable with a link to the government website that will pull up the same certificate.

The question has finally got the answer and it's a pretty good one IMHO.

Works for me but not for my wife as they don’t recognise her trial vaccinations yet. Soon we hope.

Double whammy for me. Got my vaccine on atrial plus my little Nokia phone, a reliable old friend, doesn’t do Apps.

I’m thinking I will need to take the letter I got from the trial, saying I had been given live vaccine, not placebo.

• Like 1

Les only English NHS app not Scotland.

Unfortunately at the moment we would have to bother our GP practice for details of our vaccinations.

God knows when our beloved government will get their act together!!!

5 hours ago, Fletcher said:

And I don't own a mobile phone and never will.

Oh well......

5 hours ago, mw8811 said:

No good for me I can't download the App as I'm on the US App store.     Oh well.

You can switch locations and switch back after. Far easier with Android. 

2 hours ago, Elginjock said:

Unfortunately at the moment we would have to bother our GP practice for details of our vaccinations.

Good luck with that. You have my sympathies.

I live in the U.K. but cannot download vaccination details because I have no mobile phone. However, by calling 119 I was able to request a vaccine certificate and was told I should receive it in five working days.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, Elginjock said:

You can now get a vaccination record is Scotland at NHS inform https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

You can phone if you cannot access on line 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:24 PM, Stefken said:

No good for people in Scotland, we can’t go on the England NHS app. Hope one comes to Scotland soon.

Indeed. Meantime, we have to make do with the certificate mentioned by tiggertom and just hope airlines, immigration and cruise lines accept  these easily created/forged docs 😳 

2 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Indeed. Meantime, we have to make do with the certificate mentioned by tiggertom and just hope airlines, immigration and cruise lines accept  these easily created/forged docs 😳 

The English version allows you to email a link for the certificate which opens your personal certificate on the gov website.

Have you tried to see what it does? I was pretty impressed with it because it certainly cant be forged and contains a QR code which links to the gov website to certify the details. 

4 hours ago, les37b said:

The English version allows you to email a link for the certificate which opens your personal certificate on the gov website.

Have you tried to see what it does? I was pretty impressed with it because it certainly cant be forged and contains a QR code which links to the gov website to certify the details. 

Link please, Les.

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Many thanks Les.  Interesting that neither the NHS or the UK government have done anything to announce this.  They really don't want us going anywhere . . . foreign.  Thanks again.

Not sure they need to, it was highlighted in the National Press over 3 weeks ago.

I just looked at the NHS site.  I do not have an NHS log-in and would have to create one. I'm not going to. Instead I'm going to rob Fort Knox.  A lot easier.  

They also say the 119 number is only for people who have booked a foreign trip within the next four weeks.  We haven't so I guess we'll skip this for a while. 

The NHS app is easy to use and useful- as les37b suggested. It’s stupendous to have such convenient, timely and secure access to one’s Covid vaccination data.

We are heading for Silversea Moon cruise in mid-July and have completed checkin requirements. We last used their site 15 months ago for our last cruise, but this is far better. More comprehensive, organized and responsive as far as what needs to be uploaded, added such as insurance details, “check” acknowledged etc. I uploaded my NHS vax record but intend to do so again closer to sailing (and as Silversea likely requires) to have a fresh QR is current.

This all feels great! Things are looking up! I anticipate a quick pier side check in (Silversea offered slots and I chose the first at 14:00) and a fast test prior to boarding. So what’s yet to be done before heading to Greece is just the country’s locator form. Great!

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, les37b said:

This is the English version. Scroll down past the app mention.

This is the Scottish version.

Interesting. I have a login for the NHS website but have failed the new ID test using both my passport and driving licence ! Got an email asking me to check that my GP has my correct name, DOB and address. Been with same GP for 16 years, so this is a blind alley.

Would like to hear of anyone in Scotland who has managed to link their vax certificate to the NHS UK website.

Edited by Cruiser6270

You may need to request that your GP release your data to the NHS. That is what I did here in England in April and then within a week I saw lost of text-like entries about my interactions with my GP practice and some data about the vaccine. But before 17 May there was added on the app a new section showing the vaccinations alone and in full detail.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, markham said:

The NHS app is easy to use and useful- as les37b suggested. It’s stupendous to have such convenient, timely and secure access to one’s Covid vaccination data.

We are heading for Silversea Moon cruise in mid-July and have completed checkin requirements. We last used their site 15 months ago for our last cruise, but this is far better. More comprehensive, organized and responsive as far as what needs to be uploaded, added such as insurance details, “check” acknowledged etc. I uploaded my NHS vax record but intend to do so again closer to sailing (and as Silversea likely requires) to have a fresh QR is current.

This all feels great! Things are looking up! I anticipate a quick pier side check in (Silversea offered slots and I chose the first at 14:00) and a fast test prior to boarding. So what’s yet to be done before heading to Greece is just the country’s locator form. Great!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Following your post I looked at the Health Acknowledgment section of the guest info on my Silversea and have uploaded the vacc certificates successfully , however I don’t see anywhere to book a pier side test slot. Did you book your slot online or by another method?

I note that the 2D barcode on the vacc certificates has an expiry date prior to our boarding date so another download will probably be necessary  🙄