Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

On 6/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, zjc said:

Anyone who had CoverForYou insurance that's sailed so far, what did you show to prove the relevant cover?  I can't find anything in the policy document that stated COVID cover despite the banner on the website confirming they cover COVID. 

Does this help? https://www.coverforyou.com/content/important-information-coastal-cruise-apr-2021-v1.pdf

9 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Just noticed this - the 3 restaurant deal is £97pp but its an extra £27pp to add Hola Restaurant

Hola has an "all you can eat" £16.99 cover charge - so what does the extra £10 you're paying get you?

A tick in the 'idiot' box!

• Haha 3

Hi,

I have 3 mobile connection with unlimited data, can someone confirm if internet is accessible on ports or if pushing my luck in sea?

Other option is to keep connected with work, should i buy internet package on board, is it fast?

Thank you

On 6/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, colsky said:

Glad you're enjoying your cruise, and looking forward to mine at the end of July!

A quick simple question about the drinks package - if you have a gin and tonic, that's say £9 for the gin and £2 for the tonic, does that mean you have to pay, as combined that's over the £10 limit? Or do you have to be clever and order a gin and a bottle of tonic separately?

More important to me moneywise is that I've just noticed that our Fantastica family of 4 balcony cabin that we've paid for is now approx. £700 cheaper than when we booked!! I wonder if that's a sign that they're struggling to get people to book. I've e-mailed them saying that I'm unhappy (after hunting high and low for an e-mail address, as there isn't one showing on their website), but I'm not expecting any joy from them.

I got £650 refund when that happened to me for my Virtuosa cruise tomorrow. Did it through calling the regular helpline. Good luck!

On 6/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, hatcheth said:

It’s a bit awkward when MSC advertise the duplex suite you are cruising in as an experience day..  

On the other hand a nice complimentary ship on our last full day! 

433F18C1-3BE4-40F2-B061-9E1F2A83F615.jpeg

7B8BE2AA-5798-403E-A721-B32484F4E50C.jpeg

547A7750-B9E3-4836-AC92-5B21F7BC01CA.jpeg

That’s funny! All those fun activities you must have enjoyed!! 

I hope you didn’t get too many takers!!😹😂

I mentioned the lack of A Bow Webcam view via the in cabin TV . Well today a Stern webcam has appeared on the cabin TV Chanel , so that is a great benefit to those with inside cabins, Hope they place a connection for the bow view some time soon . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 7:34 AM, Huntingdon1701 said:

I got £650 refund when that happened to me for my Virtuosa cruise tomorrow. Did it through calling the regular helpline. Good luck!

That only works if they have the same cabin type that u booked still available. They dropped the prices by a lot but now they’re back up again. 

Did everyone hear the news ? A passenger just recieved an email advising thst due to new gov advice MSC are only taking fully vaccinated people over 18, all those under can go onboard with tests but all those over 18 have to be fully vaccinated.  Does this effect any of you ? 

1 minute ago, wirral36 said:

Did everyone hear the news ? A passenger just recieved an email advising thst due to new gov advice MSC are only taking fully vaccinated people over 18, all those under can go onboard with tests but all those over 18 have to be fully vaccinated.  Does this effect any of you ? 

Yes it affects a few people see virtuosa roll call 3rd July and major cruise changes uk thread. This info was sent out yesterday evening.☹️

1 minute ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Yes it affects a few people see virtuosa roll call 3rd July and major cruise changes uk thread. This info was sent out yesterday evening.☹️

I’m not on until august and no one is on there but 2 ! 

On 6/28/2021 at 6:24 PM, wirral36 said:

That only works if they have the same cabin type that u booked still available. They dropped the prices by a lot but now they’re back up again. 

I don't see how that can be the case - you're not changing your cabin or experience, just getting the new price. It's not like they have to move you to a spare cabin on the system to do it.