Jump to content

WOW have the prices increased!!


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, whataboutport said:

If a fare ever drops before final payment do they issue any credit or refund? We booked for May 2022. I felt it was a little high but it's a family reunion trip so we paid it.

I was wondering the same thing? My TA told me that t depends on the wording? No idea what that means. Also, do you call NCL or your TA ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

I was wondering the same thing? My TA told me that t depends on the wording? No idea what that means. Also, do you call NCL or your TA ?

Our cruise price dropped by close to $600 a couple of weeks ago. I told our TA and he got us the refund within 2 minutes. Super easy, according to him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Our cruise price dropped by close to $600 a couple of weeks ago. I told our TA and he got us the refund within 2 minutes. Super easy, according to him.

Can you ask for adjustment more then once?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Can you ask for adjustment more then once?

I don't see why not. If it happens again, I will definitely request one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think as long as you haven't made final payment, they have no reason NOT to adjust because otherwise you could just cancel and rebook.  Past final payment gets to be more dicey.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 2020 I booked and place deposits on 2 sailings. I didn't really think they would sail but if they had  I would have been on them. When NCL canceled them and returned the money I gave then interest free I received a 10% future cruise credit that is now just being disappering  in a fare increases. They knew what they were doing !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, osterbound said:

In 2020 I booked and place deposits on 2 sailings. I didn't really think they would sail but if they had  I would have been on them. When NCL canceled them and returned the money I gave then interest free I received a 10% future cruise credit that is now just being disappering  in a fare increases. They knew what they were doing !

Sounds like you should have rebooked sooner.  When they cancelled our original October 2021 Alaska cruise, I immediately called NCL and they were able to apply the 10% discount to a 2022 POA cruise I already had booked.  The price actually dropped 10%!  😎

 

Just book out ahead folks!  It's not like you can earn 5% interest on your $250 in a bank account.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding price adjustments... before final payment it's not as fast and easy as on RCC, but it's possible. Just be careful, sometimes they make you rebook completely and you risk losing your previous promos making it not worth it.

 

After final payment date it needs to be a significant drop for it to be worth it. I don't recall the exact percentage, but you don't get the straight discount of the new price. It's something egregiously low like only 25-50% of the difference. So if the price dropped by $200, you would only get a $50 OBC. If there's a big enough price drop after final payment, you're better off asking for a free upgrade to your cabin - they're more willing to do that than issue money refunds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Regarding price adjustments... before final payment it's not as fast and easy as on RCC, but it's possible. Just be careful, sometimes they make you rebook completely and you risk losing your previous promos making it not worth it.

 

After final payment date it needs to be a significant drop for it to be worth it. I don't recall the exact percentage, but you don't get the straight discount of the new price. It's something egregiously low like only 25-50% of the difference. So if the price dropped by $200, you would only get a $50 OBC. If there's a big enough price drop after final payment, you're better off asking for a free upgrade to your cabin - they're more willing to do that than issue money refunds.

Awe, ok got it. We had hoped to book Tahiti to Hawaii but increase is out of  this pocket. From 3300 pp to 10k pp thanks for info. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's all over the map.  Same as it ever was.  If you see a good price, book it!!!  You can always rebook.  We see way too many posts that say "I checked the cruise and could have booked it for $x, but now it's $xxxxxxxx and I'm not happy."  We even had a recent thread about 2024 bookings where a few folks were saying basically "relax, you're way to anxious."  I believe that the term "premature" was actually used.   Yikes!!  I have ten cruises booked currently for 2021 - 2024.  I'll cancel at least four, but the others have locked in prices and promos.  Can I get an "Amen brother?"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, CaptainWoody said:

Sounds like you should have rebooked sooner.  When they cancelled our original October 2021 Alaska cruise, I immediately called NCL and they were able to apply the 10% discount to a 2022 POA cruise I already had booked.  The price actually dropped 10%!  😎

 

Just book out ahead folks!  It's not like you can earn 5% interest on your $250 in a bank account.  

I can only book a cruise when I know I can go. Sooner is as soon as I know. Im on the same cruise in Nov 2021 that I book for Nov of 2020. It is way more than it was for the 2020 booking. ALs in Nov go 2020 NCL was not taking booking for this cruise yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, CaptainWoody said:

It's all over the map.  Same as it ever was.  If you see a good price, book it!!!  You can always rebook.  We see way too many posts that say "I checked the cruise and could have booked it for $x, but now it's $xxxxxxxx and I'm not happy."  We even had a recent thread about 2024 bookings where a few folks were saying basically "relax, you're way to anxious."  I believe that the term "premature" was actually used.   Yikes!!  I have ten cruises booked currently for 2021 - 2024.  I'll cancel at least four, but the others have locked in prices and promos.  Can I get an "Amen brother?"

Amen Brother! We have 3 cruises booked this fall and 4 booked next year. If my October thru PC sails this year, I will cancel the PC booked for April 2022. I always watch for price adjustments, email my TA and have always gotten the reductions within a day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In January I booked an Alaska October cruise.  NCL cancelled it.  Less than two weeks ago, I booked a new Alaska October cruise.  Promos are identical, except the new one has triple points.  Just how much "WOW price increase" do you folks think I paid?

 

Hint: it's less than a single Benjamin....  😎🤑

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

In January I booked an Alaska October cruise.  NCL cancelled it.  Less than two weeks ago, I booked a new Alaska October cruise.  Promos are identical, except the new one has triple points.  Just how much "WOW price increase" do you folks think I paid?

 

Hint: it's less than a single Benjamin....  😎🤑

Stop teasing us!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2021 at 3:53 PM, jkneern said:

After 3 cancelled cruises, I have just booked 2 new ones.

I have several credits and discounts that were applied along with FCC and WOW they both cost a lot more than the originals that were cancelled.

Can't wait to cruise again so this isn't a complaint just more of an eye opening observation.

Vaccinated and ready to CRUISE!!!  Lets Go!

I agree. On our recently canceled cruise, We paid 2100 total ( both of us) for a Balcony Stateroom then re booked to receive a spa Balcony for 2899 dollars. Now the same category on the same ship next year  is almost 5100 dollars for the two of us and that's with the 30% off. Talk about price gouging. We never take the drinking package or dining package so this is without those options. We will keep looking, eventually we will have to use our FCC's and the rest of our 6 cruise certificates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...my story:

Got off the Bliss...NY to Bahamas...on 3/8/20.  Booked about a month in advance...Balcony sailaway for $1300.  Now they want $1800 for that itinerary for an interior sailaway.  The balcony is about $3100. 

 

For me it becomes a matter of principal.  The less I pay for the cruise itself, the more I play in the casino and buy overpriced jewelry. (We compromised and booked the ov.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, Wink87 said:

Amen Brother! We have 3 cruises booked this fall and 4 booked next year. If my October thru PC sails this year, I will cancel the PC booked for April 2022. I always watch for price adjustments, email my TA and have always gotten the reductions within a day.

Well, my October pc cruise has, infact, been cancelled. Hopefully April is far enough out that all will be well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a Disney cruiser:  these NCL prices are great!  A regular balcony next May to AK is $10K for 2 people.  (It was $7K in 2018).  Beats $3-4K on NCL, Celebrity...

 

And they sell out at those prices.  It’s not 3x better.

 

Looking forward to NCL soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Free Charter Air & Hotels on Antarctica Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...