New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

9 hours ago, jsglow said:

So reading the updated guidance there seems to be an easy solution.  Carnival should separately run both fully vaccinated and 'blended' cruises.  On fully vaxxed cruises, the completely relaxed protocols are in place.  On 'blended', certain things like embarkation testing can be waived with paperwork but others such as indoor masking remain.  That should be easy to work out for the first couple months of operations.  And they don't lose a segment of their clientele in the process.  

This solution can work only if people are truthful about their vaccine status.  That is not likely. 

Many will not go on "blended" sailings because, they don't like the ship, the port it sails from, or its itinerary.  They will falsify their data so that they can board a fully vaxxed sailing thus defeating the idea.

Falsification of vax status data has been observed in most instances of "No mask required"if already fully vaxxed". scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

This solution can work only if people are truthful about their vaccine status.  That is not likely. 

Many will not go on "blended" sailings because, they don't like the ship, the port it sails from, or its itinerary.  They will falsify their data so that they can board a fully vaxxed sailing thus defeating the idea.

Falsification of vax status data has been observed in most instances of "No mask required"if already fully vaxxed". scenarios.

A handful? Maybe.  Many?  I don't think so under the penalty of criminal prosecution. 

Anyway, I'm confident that Carnival will find a solution to this.  Because I believe restrictive policies for the vaccinated won't sell when unrestricted options exist in the marketplace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsglow said:

A handful? Maybe.  Many?  I don't think so under the penalty of criminal prosecution. 

Anyway, I'm confident that Carnival will find a solution to this.  Because I believe restrictive policies for the vaccinated won't sell when unrestricted options exist in the marketplace.

It would be just as illegal as using a fake ID at a bar.  And we all know that never happens.

There will be a subset of the population that tries to cheat the system.  I am quite sure there are certain people who relish the idea of being able to cheat the system, whatever the system may be, always looking for an opportunity to "stick it to the man".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1