New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

say what???? even if vaccinated- need a test??? still need masks??? oh, glad my final payment is not until late September. Gonna wait and see if things change.  Being vaccinated should count for something.......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stellarose said:

say what???? even if vaccinated- need a test??? still need masks??? oh, glad my final payment is not until late September. Gonna wait and see if things change.  Being vaccinated should count for something.......

Where are you seeing this?

9 minutes ago, stellarose said:

Yes, that's definitely different from what the CDC shared.  100% testing and sounds like masks most of the time.  Also, different from what the video from RC shared.  He shared, "we are optimistic that masks won't be required anywhere if you are vaccinated."

• Like 1

That's for the sailings this summer that are not going to Alaska. The July cruises out of Galveston and Miami looks like they will be non-vaccinated(required) cruises, thus the extra protocols. 

Doesn't mention anything about the guests that will be vaccinated, and being treated any differently.

• Like 1

Looks like cruise sponsored excursions only too? Or am I mistaken?

Happy about the mask situation. The only way to enforce unvaccinated passengers to wear a mask is if we all wear one.

I am happy my cruise doesn’t go until 9/18/21. I can wait and watch.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I did a double take too...as this was all the stuff the cruise industry negotiated to get rid of. Esp surprised but the 100% testing for the vaxxed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Radiioman46 said:

Not according to the latest info. Check out the health protocols on the web site.

I did. The health protocols are not new. Those were up last time I looked at the website.  The only part new is for the Alaska sailings.  It doesn't make any sense they would require 100 percent vax for Alaska and not the other sailings. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Radiioman46 said:

Plus only cruise sponsored excursions.

Carnival is banking on being able to take unvaccinated passengers then. Putting all of us on the unvaccinated cdc rules.  Many of those who don’t want the vaccine have said no cruising with masks either. Glad I don’t sail til late Oct and late Nov. 

Just now, Eli_6 said:

I did. The health protocols are not new. Those were up last time I looked at the website.  The only part new is for the Alaska sailings.  It doesn't make any sense they would require 100 percent vax for Alaska and not the other sailings. 

There was a letter sent out to all who are booked on the applicable Alaskan sailings, and it specifically says the listed protocols are for those Alaskan cruises only. All the rest follow, what I guess you say are the old protocols. 

I am vaccinated and really pissed that I don’t get the benefits of being socially responsible! I am definitely canceling my Horizon cruise! You voters from Florida need to thank your governor when you get mask tan lines. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Just now, Thenagers said:

I am vaccinated and really pissed that I don’t get the benefits of being socially responsible! I am definitely canceling my Horizon cruise! You voters from Florida need to thank your governor when you get mask tan lines. 

We will, thanks for the tip !!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Thenagers said:

Have you gotten a flu vaccine every year of your life? If no, then you're one of those socially irresponsible people you deride. Stop with the condescending nonsense.

• Like 9

Time is of the essence to save the Alaska season.  They don't have time for test cruises.  They do for the Caribbean.  So they can let guests who are not vaccinated sale if they have test cruises.  But the will probably then require masks.  Which is the worst option - requiring the mask or requiring the vaccine?

12 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

The way I see it is that they chose to require the mandatory vaccines in order to get the PVSA waiver, part of whatever deal they came up with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

Time is of the essence to save the Alaska season.  They don't have time for test cruises.  They do for the Caribbean.  So they can let guests who are not vaccinated sale if they have test cruises.  But the will probably then require masks.  Which is the worst option - requiring the mask or requiring the vaccine?

Hi LadyMac72, you’re booked for Alaska right? My mom just got off the phone with her Princess PVP on booking Alaska and decided not to book because all passengers will be required to mask up while on board regardless of all being vaccinated at this time. Just wanted to pass along. 

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

Hi LadyMac72, you’re booked for Alaska right? My mom just got off the phone with her Princess PVP on booking Alaska and decided not to book because all passengers will be required to mask up while on board regardless of all being vaccinated at this time. Just wanted to pass along. 

Interesting. In the Carnival email I received, it said:

• Facemasks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska.  Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage you to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.  

It said nothing about masks on the ships and seems to leave it to the localities as to whether to require them in port.  I think things are going to change re: masks between now and my cruise.  At least I hope so.

Edited by LadyMac72

38 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Thanks, just found it.  Definitely different from the video from RC.

That's because Richard Fain was talking about protocols for "vaccinated" cruisers on RCI.  Because Carnival is not requiring vaccines, the standard COVID protocols will apply.  I'm sure that Carnival is not going to want to police what protocols apply to individual cruisers, so unfortunately for unvaccinated/mixed cruises, the most strict protocols will apply.  It's a choice.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1