New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

These aren't rumors.  It was literally ham handedly posted on the Carnival webpage.  I read legal documents as part of my profession.  This was an unforced error, nothing less.  Blame Carnival. 

Well said! John Heald & the rest of the PR team are feeling the hot blow back from the oven door being opened. 

I believe what’s in black & white & posted on a Corp. Website. Carnival is a corporation responsible to its shareholders, Financial agencies, if it’s on the website in black & white it’s there for a reason. 

FOR ALASKA:  https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.

3 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

FOR ALASKA:  https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.

Website hasn’t changed... still the same despite any verbal “walk back”. 

Just now, bdever said:

Website hasn’t changed... still the same despite any verbal “walk back”. 

Not sure what you are saying.  Sorry.  What I posted is from the Carnival website.  Not sure what site you are referring to or what you are referring to.  

15 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Not sure what you are saying.  Sorry.  What I posted is from the Carnival website.  Not sure what site you are referring to or what you are referring to.  

The link you provided. I clicked on it and all is the same from yesterday.

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

The link you provided. I clicked on it and all is the same from yesterday.

Interesting.  No idea.  Just posting this with the details that vaccinated cruises are for ALASKA ONLY at this time along with the info from the site. I do not know anything about yesterday.  Just posting the info since it was officially announced by officials this morning - verbally and by email.

15 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Interesting.  No idea.  Just posting this with the details that vaccinated cruises are for ALASKA ONLY at this time along with the info from the site. I do not know anything about yesterday.  Just posting the info since it was officially announced by officials this morning - verbally and by email.

Ok, yes, Alaska only for vaccinated cruises only What seems to be the hot topic are the protocols on the site as they relate to the hybrid sailings going everywhere else as well as the mask mandate for Alaska sailings will fully vaccinated passengers.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Seems like they put out protocols back in Jan/Feb and they walked those back based on negative feedback online. And now they’re doing it again. They are going to have to stick with the protocols at some point (unless they wait for the CSO to expire to sail) if they intend to sail with unvaccinated passengers. Can’t just keep retreating when they get negative feedback. 

Agreed. Except their initial protocols were significantly MORE restrictive for fully vaccinated passengers than the CDC is requiring.  And the CDC never mentioned special rules for a 'blended ship'.  In fact nowhere do fully vaccinated folks need to take 'special precautions' these days absent a very few selected settings like hospitals.  Someone on another thread suggested a colored wristband for the fully vaxxed and expanded accommodations related to that.  That would work for me.  

• Like 1

I am to the point of they just need to s*+t or get off the pot.  Decide whether they are going to do "all vax" or "all vax over 12" or "no vax required/mask required" and tell us because some of us are trying to make summer plans for our families. I need to know if my under 12 kids are going to be able to cruise or not because the vacation I take will be very different depending on whether they can come with us or not.  And my full payment of several thousand dollars is due in 5 days...  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

Plus only cruise sponsored excursions.

This is not true at this time.  It says we have to follow the regulations set up by the ports and may have to wear a mask. 

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

I am to the point of they just need to s*+t or get off the pot.  Decide whether they are going to do "all vax" or "all vax over 12" or "no vax required/mask required" and tell us because some of us are trying to make summer plans for our families. I need to know if my under 12 kids are going to be able to cruise or not because the vacation I take will be very different depending on whether they can come with us or not.  And my full payment of several thousand dollars is due in 5 days...  

It would seem that Carnival WILL allow the unvaccinated to cruise, albeit with the protocols as outlined.  Anyway, more detail by 5/31.

• Like 1

John Heald stated this morning that more information regarding the rest of cruises will be out in 6days (by May 31st)

• Like 1

A lot of us are in the same boat. My teens get their second shots next week but my youngest may have to wait until as late as fall. I'm really hoping they move these vaccines along for younger kids quicker than they have announced. Everything else has moved at a much faster clip and a quick approval for the 5+ age group before the next school year would be a blessing. I think Carnival feels much the same as us actually and is just biding time since things keep changing so rapidly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrotherCraig said:

I guess what others are saying is the website has not changed since yesterday, no matter what JH said this morning.  I looked at it yesterday and just now.  Exactly the same.  I would expect protocols for the fully vaccinated sailings to Alaska to be much less restrictive than for unvaccinated/mixed sailings because the CSO will still apply. For example, I would not at all expect that unvaccinated passengers will be free to do independent shore excursions or avoid masking/social distancing protocols.  JH may have been trying to put out a fire that is simply going to erupt again. They gotta be honest with people and folks have to live with the restrictions unless they go fully vaccinated for each sailing.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

John Heald said that they will announce it by May 31st.  They will announce the protocols for the other cruises that are NOT Alaska.... so the Caribbean.  These things will change over time.  So the protocols they have to start out with might not look like the same protocols later in the year or for 2022.  

Most important thing is to run these ships safely and perfectly as possible.  As John said, all eyes are on the cruise lines.  That means government's eyes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

This is not true at this time.  It says we have to follow the regulations set up by the ports and may have to wear a mask. 

For vaccinated sailings only.  The CDC is only allowing independent excursions for 95/98% cruises.  Obviously passengers need to follow local mask protocols.  Unvaccinated or hybrid cruises will still be subject to the shore excursion restrictions under the CSO.

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I guess what others are saying is the website has not changed since yesterday, no matter what JH said this morning.  I looked at it yesterday and just now.  Exactly the same.  I would expect protocols for the fully vaccinated sailings to Alaska to be much less restrictive than for unvaccinated/mixed sailings because the CSO will still apply. For example, I would not at all expect that unvaccinated passengers will be free to do independent shore excursions or avoid masking/social distancing protocols.  JH may have been trying to put out a fire that is simply going to erupt again. They gotta be honest with people and folks have to live with the restrictions unless they go fully vaccinated for each sailing.

It is because they are still working on the details for cruises other than Alaskan cruises with the CDC and from within.  

I am concerned as well.  We have a Thanksgiving cruise coming up and we have three small children going - ages 15 months to 9 years old.    They won't be vaccinated.  Wife and I are vaccinated.  

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

It is because they are still working on the details for cruises other than Alaskan cruises with the CDC and from within.  

I am concerned as well.  We have a Thanksgiving cruise coming up and we have three small children going - ages 15 months to 9 years old.    They won't be vaccinated.  Wife and I are vaccinated.  

Obviously we live in fluid times.  The good news is that Carnival will undoubtedly have 'opt out' provisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

I think what's troubling people is that there are no protocols for a blended cruise, and I imagine that will be very difficult to accomplish even if the CDC were to allow it.  I don't think it's rational for unvaccinated cruisers to expect protocols and restrictions to be dropped anytime soon.  It's just not the same environment as a fully vaccinated sailing.  I still believe they are postponing the inevitable and need to be upfront or they are going to continue to frustrate cruisers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jsglow said:

Obviously we live in fluid times.  The good news is that Carnival will undoubtedly have 'opt out' provisions.

100% agree.  Carnival is doing the best they can do with these changes.  Everything has to go smooth.  That goes for every North American sailing.    If they don't, it could be more damaging than the pandemic itself has been.    A lot at stake.  

• Like 1

I think it is a given that protocols can and will change with time. Most likely relaxed, but if outbreaks occur to the point where cruises are terminated, expect them to go the other way. Cruise lines can't afford for cruising to get shutdown again. It is going to be a fluid situation for some time. How long? Nobody knows.

In the ticket contract Carnival even says things will change and in case of discrepancy, the Carnival website info is official and overrides the ticket contract. I think that is highly unusual, but makes it clear nobody can predict what tomorrow or any day after brings. Maybe even later today.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

I think what's troubling people is that there are no protocols for a blended cruise, and I imagine that will be very difficult to accomplish even if the CDC were to allow it.  I don't think it's rational for unvaccinated cruisers to expect protocols and restrictions to be dropped anytime soon.  It's just not the same environment as a fully vaccinated sailing.  I still believe they are postponing the inevitable and need to be upfront or they are going to continue to frustrate cruisers.

I believe they are being honest and only giving out the information that they can for now.  Might be reckless giving out info and then it changing again.  Things keep changing rapidly.  

A lot of cruises are obese and seem to be the ones affected by COVID the most.  If they are choosing not to be vaccinated and they cruise, it could be very problematic indeed.  I wouldn't blame the cruise lines for starting out as fully vaccinated cruises.  Again, they have to get everything right from the start.  

I would be bummed if they become fully vaccinated cruises for the Caribbean.  We are suppose to go on the MG in November.  Big family trip since the kids are growing up so fast and we are a cruise vacation family.  Time is slipping away quickly.  We were booked twice already and the cruises were cancelled.  I would understand though if it doesn't work out.  Always 2022.

• Like 2