Universal has dropped their mask mandate

Mariketa

Time to start planning a side trip pre cruise! Universal has updated their mask policy:

• Face coverings are no longer required for fully vaccinated guests
  • We do not require proof of vaccinations
  • Guests who are not fully vaccinated are still expected to wear face coverings while indoors
  • We encourage all guests to keep a safe distance between travel parties
  • We remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards

SeaWorld has done the same, taking on this policy right off the bat. I bet Disney won't be far behind. 🙂

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

That is not surprising.  At least California doesn't get so hot and humid. 

True that! I’ve never been to Florida but I think I would pass out without a mask not to mention with. I heard that although the MSC Vertuosa didn’t have a mask mandate for outdoor decks while sailing out of South Hampton many passengers kept them on just to stay warm. Here in Southern California it can get chilly after the sun goes down so I wear one to keep my face warm when I walk my dog at night. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bdever said:

This does not apply to the original Universal Studios, Hollywood, CA just to be clear.

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/05/universal-hollywood-ends-temp-checks-ks1/

Until June 15. All the restrictions, tiers, and ordinances will be lifted at that time.  Disneyland has already announced a full opening for that day as well (out of state guests included).  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bdever said:

True that! I’ve never been to Florida but I think I would pass out without a mask not to mention with. I heard that although the MSC Vertuosa didn’t have a mask mandate for outdoor decks while sailing out of South Hampton many passengers kept them on just to stay warm. Here in Southern California it can get chilly after the sun goes down so I wear one to keep my face warm when I walk my dog at night. 

I went to Disney in September of last year, it was brutal. Hard to breathe, and my lips got so chapped from the humidity that I had blisters on them for a week after getting home, despite copious use of chap stick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

I think that's one thing that maybe some people from cooler climates may not understand.  In the south, it gets extremely hot and humid.  It's torture to be outside at all, let alone with a mask.  We spend our summers in the pool.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Until June 15. All the restrictions, tiers, and ordinances will be lifted at that time.  Disneyland has already announced a full opening for that day as well (out of state guests included).  

Yes indeed with this:

The Disney parks will continue to require visitors to wear masks. They won’t require proof of vaccinations or of negative COVID-19 test results.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-05-26/amid-covid-disneyland-opens-up-guests-outside-california%3f_amp=true

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

I went to Disney in September of last year, it was brutal. Hard to breathe, and my lips got so chapped from the humidity that I had blisters on them for a week after getting home, despite copious use of chap stick.

September is California’s summer. I’m surprised you thought it humid. It’s humid like 3 days out of the year here. You must have visited on one of those rare humid days. Where do you live?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bdever said:

Yes indeed with this:

The Disney parks will continue to require visitors to wear masks. They won’t require proof of vaccinations or of negative COVID-19 test results.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-05-26/amid-covid-disneyland-opens-up-guests-outside-california%3f_amp=true

I expect this to end June 15th. They only reiterated the outdoor mask requirements because of the Disney World situation. June 15th the governors orders are over and with them, I fully expect, the mask requirements. 

https://wdwnt.com/2021/05/disneyland-resort-releases-statement-reiterating-outdoor-face-mask-requirement/ 

11 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I expect this to end June 15th. They only reiterated the outdoor mask requirements because of the Disney World situation. June 15th the governors orders are over and with them, I fully expect, the mask requirements. 

https://wdwnt.com/2021/05/disneyland-resort-releases-statement-reiterating-outdoor-face-mask-requirement/ 

Well, according to the LA Times, mask mandate to remain in place after 6/14/21 without proof of vaccination required. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out for sure. 

We went to Disney on Ice this past weekend.  Masks were "required" at all times except when actively eating or drinking.  However, they were not enforcing it at all.  When we got to our seats we noticed that hardly anyone had them on (maybe a dozen or so in the whole place), so we removed ours as well.  A lot of folks didn't even wear them when up and walking around at concessions and such either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We went to Disney on Ice this past weekend.  Masks were "required" at all times except when actively eating or drinking.  However, they were not enforcing it at all.  When we got to our seats we noticed that hardly anyone had them on (maybe a dozen or so in the whole place), so we removed ours as well.  A lot of folks didn't even wear them when up and walking around at concessions and such either.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how or if the cruise lines enforce it over the summer with sailings that do not require proof of vaccination since they report to and are being monitored by the CDC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm seeing this more and more as well. I think people have had enough. I still see a lot of compliance in stores that still have "masks required" signs but no one is confronted or asked to leave if not masked. I asked a few employees at three different stores I frequent and they all said that they'd "like" you to wear one but can't force you or kick you out for not wearing one. It seems corporate instructions were made clear once the CDC guidelines came down. Follow the science.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bdever said:

September is California’s summer. I’m surprised you thought it humid. It’s humid like 3 days out of the year here. You must have visited on one of those rare humid days. Where do you live?

Oh sorry, Disney World, not land. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'm seeing this more and more as well. I think people have had enough. I still see a lot of compliance in stores that still have "masks required" signs but no one is confronted or asked to leave if not masked. I asked a few employees at three different stores I frequent and they all said that they'd "like" you to wear one but can't force you or kick you out for not wearing one. It seems corporate instructions were made clear once the CDC guidelines came down. Follow the science.  

Yes, as I have said before, around here very few have worn masks for months, even in stores that had "masks required" signs.  Many people, vaccinated and not, are tired of being told they have to wear masks. For Disney on Ice we drove a couple of hours to Huntsville, so we didn't really know what to expect there.  When we were at a Disney store in the Smoky Mountains back in late April, we were told at the door that we had to have masks, so I was really expecting they would enforce the mask policy there.

5 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, as I have said before, around here very few have worn masks for months, even in stores that had "masks required" signs.  Many people, vaccinated and not, are tired of being told they have to wear masks. For Disney on Ice we drove a couple of hours to Huntsville, so we didn't really know what to expect there.  When we were at a Disney store in the Smoky Mountains back in late April, we were told at the door that we had to have masks, so I was really expecting they would enforce the mask policy there.

Alabama ended their mask mandate in April.

• Like 1