Reasonable Miami Hotel needed for pre-cruise

Gma&Gpa

We are cruising out of Miami in October (hopefully) and trying to find a hotel for the pre-cruise night.  Honestly, all of us are retired with not a lot of spare money on top of the cruise, so we don't want to spend a fortune on the hotel just to basically sleep one night. I would rather spend the money on the cruise and in the ports.  But we also don't want it to be dirty or disgusting.     Some of us are driving, some are flying in - but we have no problem with parking at one of the "port parking sites", so it doesn't have to have parking for the week.  Previously, we stayed downtown across from the Bayside - but the prices have more than doubled since the last time we were there.  Too much to basically sleep for a few hours.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did look at that forum, but went through several pages and it seemed about 75% of the info was about Lauderdale and very little about Miami.   I will go back and look again, and go a few more pages in - maybe I will find more info.  Thanks

• Like 1

This will be moved to the Miami/Homeports page. Previously we were happy with the choices in Downtown Miami that are business hotels. We just took a cab to the cruise terminal. 3/4 star hotels had a decent rate on weekends. I haven't booked recently but be safe wherever you book. Seems Miami gets it's share of crime.

2 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

I did look at that forum, but went through several pages and it seemed about 75% of the info was about Lauderdale and very little about Miami.   I will go back and look again, and go a few more pages in - maybe I will find more info.  Thanks

Go ahead and copy your post from here and paste it over there.

We did the YVE Miami (we had an awesome view of the Port of Miami from our hotel room) and the price was very reasonable. The hotel was nice(boutique hotel with a trendy vibe).

Are people flying to MIA or FLL? For our next cruise (in September) we are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami and I just booked today the Crowne Plaza by the FLL airport for $76.  

Flying into MIA or FLL? 🤔  Budget? Your "reasonable" might be my splurge.

Assuming MIA there are several hotels near the airport that may fit your needs for budget accommodations and cruise parking.  Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon was popular with cruisers pre-virus, offered cruise parking packages, and there was a strip mall across the street with dining, fast food, CVS, Publix grocery and a liquor store.  Cheaper, but more isolated, is the La Quinta East.

Neither of these includes a ride back to the car post cruise so budget about $30+ for a taxi.  Good luck! 😎

It always helps to post a dollar amount per night, you are willing to spend. "Reasonable" means different things to different people.

Hotels by the airport will be cheaper. Chains to check are Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Days Inn, La Quinta, Red Roof Inn and Extended Stay America.