Sky suite vs Aqua class

Cdresser

Terry....thanks. A cruiser friend of mine has often said that the Persian Garden on S class is much nicer than the interior space used on the Summit. So you seem to be implying that the additional amenities (not including the spa) - Retreat access, Luminae, etc. aren't really worth the extra money OR that the value is better spent on just a Sky Suite rather than AQ SS. I only used the Persian Garden twice on the (only) sailing that we used AQ class and, as stated before, have only ever been on M class - the Infinity and Summit. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If the thermal suites are a big thing for you, book a Sky Suite and day passes to the spa, monetarily you probably will be ahead.

As far as the Summit is concerned, what's the difference between the gardens and thermal suite. Is there one, or does it refer to the same facility on the older, smaller ships? 

We've sailed in both and we prefer sky suite for the larger room.   We do like Luminae a lot, but we also use OBC to eat the other nights in specialties.  We check the menus and decide.   We don't use a butler much and we never really did anything much in the amenities with AQ.  It's all about the room size.   And location.  We prefer corner aft.  

5 minutes ago, ClaudiaB said:

We've sailed in both and we prefer sky suite for the larger room

....meaning, I presume, just regular SS as opposed to AQ SS?   My in-laws really like those larger aft rooms (at least on RCL). With some motion issues, not sure I'd enjoy being that far back. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

16 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

As far as the Summit is concerned, what's the difference between the gardens and thermal suite. Is there one, or does it refer to the same facility on the older, smaller ships? 

I believe they are the same, but since I have never in all of our cruises stepped foot into any ship spas, I can't be sure. We booked Aqua class cabins for the Blu restaurant and on M Class ships for the aft facing Aqua cabins on deck 11 just above the sunset bar.

Edited by terrydtx

11 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

On Summit sailings after April 2023, the S1s are rebranded as AS, and the S2s rebrand as S1s.  The cabin interiors are identical except for 6145/6, which have much bigger bathrooms and different doors to their bigger balconies. The AS (formerly S1) cabins have bigger balconies.  The S1 (formerly S2) have standard, uniformly sized balconies.

What's confusing is that, based on the S1 slightly darker color branding - at least at the present time - the following rooms would appear to be AQ Sky Suites, and yet when I do a mock booking and look at the list of rooms for the AQ SS category, I don't think that any of these 4 rooms are AQ. Rather, these appear to be regular SS rooms: port side 6099 and 6101, then also starboard 6100, and 6102. IF they are regular SS rooms, they should be designated in the lighter blue color, just like 6115-6124. So, if I'm correct, the only AQ SS rooms are 6125-6132 and, if so, there are only 8 of them on the entire ship.  Do I have that right? Can't make a decision if I don't know exactly where the rooms are located. At least I think I'm near certain that only deck 6 has the AQ SS. I think I got all that right?  And then, as you said, the rooms are being rebranded...sheesh...."Who's on first"?  lol....

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

2 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

What's confusing is that, based on the S1 slightly darker color branding - at least at the present time - the following rooms would appear to be AQ Sky Suites, and yet when I do a mock booking and look at the list of rooms for the AQ SS category, I don't think that any of these 4 rooms are AQ:  port side 6099 and 6101, then also starboard 6100, and 6102. IF they are regular SS rooms, they should be designated in the lighter blue color, just like 6115-6124. Once again, just confusing...

Those cabins have regular sized balconies so even though they're currently S1s for their central location, they aren't being rebranded and will remain S1s.

2 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

and will remain S1s.

...meaning...regular Sky Suites, not AQ class.....? Even so, re-branding aside, they would appear to be the wrong color, at least in comparison to the other AQ SS rooms. Oh, geez...think I'll just stick to deck 9 where we were before...one deck down from the Persian Gardens if I choose to use it. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

34 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

So you seem to be implying that the additional amenities (not including the spa) - Retreat access, Luminae, etc. aren't really worth the extra money OR that the value is better spent on just a Sky Suite rather than AQ SS.

I am saying that the Retreat amenities are far superior to Aqua Class but the standard Sky Suite is a better value than this new Aqua SS category, unless you plan on spending a lot of time in the spa. Compare the cost per day of both categories and you will see what I am talking about. On our Apex cruise next year, we are booked in a Sky Suite for 12 night cruise, the Aqua Sky Suite cabins costs $100 pp per day more than our standard Sky Suite, this is $1200 pp more for this cruise.

Edited by terrydtx

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Compare the cost per day of both categories and you will see what I am talking about.

Yeah, I did see a significant price difference. So then "thermal suite" access on the Summit (included with AQ SS) is the "spa" - never used it - on any ship. I was mostly interested in exploring what AQ rooms are out there that are bigger and also offer Luminae (and the Retreat sounds nice also). BUT...from all you're saying, the better bit is surely a regular SS, in which case we give up Blu - which we did enjoy. OK...have to think on it. I have till final payment due in a few weeks on our May 2022 sailing, which we'll probably move to next year since it conflicts with another cruise that came up. 

15 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Yeah, I did see a significant price difference. So then "thermal suite" access on the Summit (included with AQ SS) is the "spa" - never used it - on any ship. I was mostly interested in exploring what AQ rooms are out there that are bigger and also offer Luminae (and the Retreat sounds nice also). BUT...from all you're saying, the better bit is surely a regular SS, in which case we give up Blu - which we did enjoy. OK...have to think on it. I have till final payment due in a few weeks on our May 2022 sailing, which we'll probably move to next year since it conflicts with another cruise that came up. 

The Aqua Class Sky Suite is a brand new cabin category that started this year and are just regular Sky Suites that Celebrity has added spa access to get more revenue from. I do not think anyone has been in this new category yet in this forum.  I can't speak for the M class ships since we have only been in an AQ Class on the Infinity. I do not believe the AQ SS is any larger than the SS cabin. On the Apex the new AQ SS are located on deck 10 midship, our Sky Suite next year is just above them on deck 11 and they are identical in size. IMO deck 11 is a better position than deck 10. The SKy Suites on deck 11 are almost sold out on our cruise, and when I just looked not one AQ Class Sky Suite is booked, as I am not the only one to see there is not enough added value to justify the $1200pp difference in price.

In any Suite class on Celebrity, you can still dine in Blu on a space available basis. Blu does not serve Lunch, but the Luminae is open for lunch on all sea days, including embarkation day.

Edited by terrydtx

25 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

The Retreat also includes the Premium drinks package and premium steaming WIFI, which you can only get in the Aqua class cabin by paying more for them.

Millennium starting 6 May 2023. Old S1 Blue will then be Olive and S2 Light Blue will become Blue. The new Aqua Sky Suites have a larger balcony that the old S2 on deck 6. The photo of Millie was taken from S1 suite 6132 looking forward. Both photos show that the old S1's have a larger balcony. 6132 and 6131 having the largest.

millie.thumb.jpg.d7a9af37c43bd2d36b052b329f72cadc.jpg

1499794599_IMG_20170123_045905811(1).thumb.jpg.088cf1270a4b4b0394206a584ac8d876.jpg

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

In any Suite class on Celebrity, you can still dine in Blu

Most helpful..thanks so much!  This was one of my questions - as to whether or not you give up Blu by going to a regular SS. Curious as to why room 9111 doesn't show up as SS option?  Also, what about room 8117?  That also appears to be a SS. On my May 6, 2023 Summit search all that comes up for "Sky Suite" is deck 6. 

48 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

our Sky Suite next year

Cool how you tied a Viking river cruise to a Celebrity cruise for next year! Is there a hotel night in between the two? We've only used Viking once (ocean cruise) so far but have another coming up. 

1 minute ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Where'd you access this?  I can't get anything past 2022 when looking at the deck plans. 

When it comes to Infinity the categories change 13 April 2023. Do a mock booking past April 13th and you will see the change.

15 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Oddly I booked a Summit sailing for 2023 and the S1 and the new AS category were the same price. 

Summit the date change is 26 April 2023. It looks like only about $100 pp different or same price. Seems to be a much larger price difference between M Class and S Class  when it come to Aqua Sky Suites and non Aqua SS.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

8 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

October 2023

It looks like only about $100 pp different or same price. Seems to be a much larger price difference between M Class and S Class  when it come to Aqua Sky Suites and non Aqua SS. Another reason to like M Class over S Class.