Sky suite vs Aqua class

Cdresser

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

It looks like only about $100 pp different or same price. Seems to be a much larger price difference between M Class and S Class  when it come to Aqua Sky Suites and non Aqua SS. Another reason to like M Class over S Class. 

I do love the M class. I have looked at other dates on the M class and the price difference between the two is much larger. 

43 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Most helpful..thanks so much!  This was one of my questions - as to whether or not you give up Blu by going to a regular SS. Curious as to why room 9111 doesn't show up as SS option?  Also, what about room 8117?  That also appears to be a SS. On my May 6, 2023 Summit search all that comes up for "Sky Suite" is deck 6. 

When I looked online at your cruise the only Sky Suites that shows as available are on deck 6, I suspect the other ones you mentioned are already booked. I also believe that on M class ships you can order from the Blu menu in Luminae. After having the Luminae, I much prefer it to the Blu anyway.

39 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Cool how you tied a Viking river cruise to a Celebrity cruise for next year! Is there a hotel night in between the two? We've only used Viking once (ocean cruise) so far but have another coming up. 

Yes we have 3 days in between the two cruises and will stay in Amsterdam. We always try to do at least two cruises when we fly to Europe because of the cost of business class seats. This year we are on the Reflection then 6 days on land in Italy then 14 nights on HAL Oosterdam for Greek cruise.

The new Aquaclass sky suite category is very disappointing…there is a big price difference between a regular sky suite and the aqua ones on certain sailings I looked at… I don’t know how much demand there will be for those cabins and it depletes the inventory of the regular sky suites that I like to sail in.

• Thanks 1

Last December, on the Constellation, we started the cruise in AQ, and were upgraded to SS mid cruise.

Both dinning rooms were excellent.  Couldn't fault the quality of the food or service.

The shower in AQ was superior, but the suite was on the whole more superior to the AQ state room.  Although we did have a large aft balcony on deck 11, and moved to the small balcony deck 6 mid.

It was nice having table and chairs on the balcony for outdoor dining in the suite.

Suite life also includes access to Michael's Club / Retreat Lounge, with access to complimentary drinks, including top shelf items.  We were able to enjoy Hennessy VSOP Cognac, and a 20 year old Port, which would not have been covered by our drinks package.

The suite also came with the services of a concierge, who could assist with anything.

This is just a basic comparison.

For us, the price differential between AQ and SS is too great, so we have booked AQ on our next 2 cruises.  Should we have some spare money, we would definitely consider booking or upgrading to a suite in the future.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We always try to do at least two cruises when we fly to Europe

I don't blame you. Your 30-day soujourn would admittedly be a bit too long for me, but I hate to go all the way over there for less than 2 weeks. The upcoming complimentary Viking "Chairman's" inaugural cruise on the new Mars is only 7 nights (hated to refuse it), so I added a pre and post cruise extension. Still a bit under two weeks however. Good enough - hate getting back close to June. We were both public school teachers so after retiring I sort of promised myself I'd avoid summer travel if at all possible since it's the only time we ever got to do any trips while teaching. Got tired of always traveling during the hottest part of the year. Once we were done teaching, it was like a breath of fresh air to actually be able to schedule trips during fall and spring. Love it!  

Edited by AnyWayIsGood
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I don’t know how much demand there will be for those cabins and it depletes the inventory of the regular sky suites that I like to sail in.

Most interesting. As was said in a previous post, X found a way to get more money out of those who have enjoyed AQ class by offering a step up to suite level. Smart move on their part, I guess (?) As you say, if it cuts back on the number of regular SS rooms, then possibly not. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Most interesting. As was said in a previous post, X found a way to get more money out of those who have enjoyed AQ class by offering a step up to suite level. Smart move on their part, I guess (?) As you say, if it cuts back on the number of regular SS rooms, then possibly not. 

The true step up from an Aqua Class cabin, unless you really use the spa, is the Standard Sky Suite. In some cases, like our Apex cruise next year, the Aqua Class Sky suite is only $200 less than the much much larger Celebrity Suite. ($7949 CS vs $7749 AQSS) I would 100% book the Celebrity Suite before any smaller Aqua Class Sky Suite.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Celebrity tried doing Aqua Suite Class on Reflection years ago. It did not last long. They changed them back to S1's. 

The S Class ships I like the location of the new Aqua SS, over the aft corner Sky Suites. My plan going forward would be to book the aft corner and wait to see if there is a price drop or do a move up to Aqua SS or Celebrity Suite. I'm not a fan of aft cabins, but I like to keep my money.

35 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Celebrity tried doing Aqua Suite Class on Reflection years ago. It did not last long. They changed them back to S1's. 

I guess they have not learned from their prior mistakes, the current AQ SS, I have looked at are not selling at all compared to standard SS and CS on the cruises we are booked on. It makes sense that they tried it out on the Reflection with the added deck and many more Sky Suites on deck 12.  What is next, will FORD bring back the Edsel?

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 2