MedalionClass App Issues

CeCe_

• 2 weeks later...

I am still unable to upload any docs - phones are i phone 6 so not working, ipad min 2 is too out of date but husbands brand new i pad also wont allow am just on the verge of giving up. Calling princess seems to result in hanging on the phone an age for uk no so will try the email. Hard to believe this is still an issue after so many months. Glad Princess are not my bank :classic_smile:

• Like 1

I just wanted to give a heads up on something I just discovered on my booking.  I was able to finally get the app all settled after spending $600 for compatible devices - or so I thought.  When I log in I get all green check marks for the first three items on the list.  (The cruise is still months away so I can't do the last minute things yet...)  When I set up the booking in the app, I entered all of the information for both myself and DW.  I just discovered that when I check in on the app using DW's name and D.O.B. that she was missing a green check on the second item which is where you order the medallion accessories.  After I went through looking at the extras that can be ordered, I didn't order anything and backed out of the pages for ordering medallion accessories.  Now she has all green check marks just like me.

I thought when I logged in and saw the green check marks that they applied to everyone on my booking.  Apparently that's not the case.   If you haven't done so, log into the app using your booking number and name and D.O.B. for each person in your booking so you can be sure everybody has all green check marks.  I hope this helps.

24 minutes ago, JAVERZ said:

How do I print my luggage tags with the new Medallion?  Can't seem to find instructions and can't seem to find it in the Medallion App.

You don't. 

You print them from the cruise personalizer on the website.  Log into your booking on the Princess web site and click on "Check In."  Then, click on the green Print Travel Summary link.  That will take you to a Documents page where you should find a link for printing out your luggage tags.

I just realized there is a quicker method to print the tags.  Log into your booking summary, there is a Gray line just below the top line with Princess Logo.  On the right side of the gray line you will see "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" click on those words and it will take you to the documents page where you can print out the tags.

Edited by Daniel A

For days now I've been trying to enter passport information and like someone else said I get the white screen of death or a gray screen.  The little circle in the middle of the screen just keeps turning and sometimes all day.   Yes, it's very frustrating.  I'm happy to see the phone number which I will call today.  Thank you so much for posting it.

I am beyond frustrated with this app. Sat on hold for 30+ minutes trying to get someone and had to hang up so I go get back to work. I have 4 pending cruises that I can see on my cruise personalizer. One cruise says it is already part of my journey, but it does list it and the other one says it is not my booking. I will try the email approach and see if that helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

SIL just booked onto our cruise on line.  She has downloaded the app and when she tries to log in, the app says the booking number doesn't match their records.  Since she just did the booking a couple of hours ago on a Sunday, I'm not too concerned at this point.  My question is:  How long after completing a booking did it take to log into the app?

37 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

SIL just booked onto our cruise on line.  She has downloaded the app and when she tries to log in, the app says the booking number doesn't match their records.  Since she just did the booking a couple of hours ago on a Sunday, I'm not too concerned at this point.  My question is:  How long after completing a booking did it take to log into the app?

At least 24 hrs in my experience and longer on the weekends. The backend database needs to be refreshed daily.

Edited by ebeluga
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have been booked since January for January 2022.  I can’t link my booking it keeps telling me it doesn’t match their records. 2 months and 4 phone calls and an online chat and it still doesn’t show.  My hubby’s however does show. Tomorrow I start the phone calls again.  

• Thanks 1

The app was up and  running fine and then I went from green to blue.  The first thing I tried to look at was the medical stuff.  When I click on it the screen goes white and will stay that way from an hour to most of the day.  The only way I can get out of it is to power off my phone.  This whole process is absurd.  I found a phone number to call and got a recording that it was no longer in service.  Do any of you know who I should email and what that address is?  I would love to have that information.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:25 PM, ebeluga said:

At least 24 hrs in my experience and longer on the weekends. The backend database needs to be refreshed daily.

Thanks, the booking was made on Sunday afternoon, and the booking showed up in the app the next afternoon.  Your information made SIL feel more comfortable on Sunday as she was thinking she did something wrong.  (It is her second cruise and I made her booking for the first.)

• Like 1

We’ve been trying to book a specialty restaurant reservation via the Medallion app but when I go through all the steps and get the “Confirm Reservation” I get a message “an error occurred”. No matter what day or time I enter I always get the sane “an error occurred”.

We are also booked on the Ruby on Jan 16, 2022 to Hawaii and when I use the Medallion app to book specialty restaurant reservation for that cruise no problem reservations go right through.

Please explain what is going on with the Medallion app, why can’t I make reservations.

I’ve spent hours on hold, twice, trying to get to Medallion support, once there they see the same problem and all they can say is they will send in a ticket (whatever that means) and someone will contact me, a week now and nothing????

• 1 month later...

There are errors in my Medallion data. I have tried to edit the information like my gender and phone number. I click on  the save button but nothing changes. I have emailed and phoned and have not received a response from Princess. Has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone know how to reach a person to help? When you call, you are put on hold and no one ever answers.

8 hours ago, 4us2sail said:

There are errors in my Medallion data. I have tried to edit the information like my gender and phone number. I click on  the save button but nothing changes. I have emailed and phoned and have not received a response from Princess. Has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone know how to reach a person to help? When you call, you are put on hold and no one ever answers.

A common problem is not having country code selected, +1 in your case. It would not let me Save until I clicked the +1.

I have it on a Samsung 8 that I use on board ship (no cell account linked to it) and on my normal Phone Samsung 20.

Had one small problem with making specialty dining reservations that was fixed by installing the latest version.

The app is a CPU and memory hog so if you have a phone with a slower CPU or are limited memory you will probably have problems (it will not work on my wife's phone reliably, even though it is running android 10).

Also if the communications link is limited in any way you might have problems. I ran some tests throttling down by internet connection. As the connection got slower it got more erratic when it came to what information it would display. Basically when you start it up what information it displays has to be downloaded to the phone from the servers. So if you happen to have a poor connection and your formally green check mark's may show up as being incomplete.

Also if Princess is working on their databases, usually Sunday evening, it can cause information to not display correctly until they finish.

Edited by nocl
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 7:18 PM, Tedferg said:

A common problem is not having country code selected, +1 in your case. It would not let me Save until I clicked the +1.

I did put the country code in for both home and mobile phones and the other changes like my gender, I click on the save button. When I go back to look, nothing has changed. I have reinstalled the app several times the most recent being yesterday(Friday).