MedalionClass App Issues

CeCe_

We partially completed some information on the MedalionClass app.  Starting a few days ago, we have not been able to get into the Travel Documents' section.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not seem to help.  Has this happened to anyone?

Face it this app is the worst ever created. Every time I go into it I get different data. Sometimes I see everything but things like passport are greyed out other times only those with green checks show. My next cruise isn’t till January so I may just not even look at it again till September 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

We partially completed some information on the MedalionClass app.  Starting a few days ago, we have not been able to get into the Travel Documents' section.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not seem to help.  Has this happened to anyone?

I think it's happened to everybody!  My PVP assured me it will be functional next week.  Well, I didn't even have to wait that long.  They must have fixed the issue I was having.  

At one point, I couldn't upload my passport and was told to log out and log back in ... problem solved.  But, if uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, I'm not sure of the answer for you.  

We have Android version 11 software on our new mobile device.  The Support tech suggested us to use a version 8 (or better) phone?!   😶   I thought ours is already a better.  It looks like that it would take several more upgrades for the MedalionClass app to catch up with the current Android OS.

Edited by CeCe_

1 hour ago, CeCe_ said:

Lots on other threads share your issues

I did my check-in on the PCL website in the cruise personalizer (which included the Travel Docs section just like it has in the past) and all of that carried over to the app.  I like using my laptop to type instead of thumbs in the App anyway.  You might see if that works for you. 

5 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

We have Android version 11 software on our new mobile device.  The Support tech suggested us to use a version 8 (or better) phone?!   😶   I thought ours is already a better.  It looks like that it would take several more upgrades for the MedalionClass app to catch up with the current Android OS.

I have an Android version 11 on my Samsung.  Until this past weekend, I was having lots of problems.  Today, I am about 98% ok so I am a happy camper --- for now.

Good to know that Karen.  I haven't tried it again yet today and I will.  Thank you!

RRFan - I believe the Travel Documents page on the PCL website has been taken down for a couple of weeks now.  There is no returns back to the old page.  Thanks though.  Yes, it would be nice if they keep the old page as a fall back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

I did my check-in on the PCL website in the cruise personalizer (which included the Travel Docs section just like it has in the past) and all of that carried over to the app.  I like using my laptop to type instead of thumbs in the App anyway.  You might see if that works for you. 

You can no longer enter travel docs etc on the website. Only thing you can do there no is print out travel summary and luggage tags

11 hours ago, dog said:

Lots on other threads share your issues

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

This thread should be merged with:  

Yes,  lots of help on the same topic. 

good luck. 

8 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I have an Android version 11 on my Samsung.  Until this past weekend, I was having lots of problems.  Today, I am about 98% ok so I am a happy camper --- for now.

Android 11 on my Samsung S10e. The app totally sucks for me. Appears to be random. Odd, isn't it. I keep deciding to just delete the thing and wait a few months. I delete it and then someone reports huge progress so I try again. My bad.

I'm glad to report that the team working on this app were able to find the solution to merging the data from the Personalizer to the MedallionClass app on the iOS platform and it is working perfectly now for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Android 11 on my Samsung S10e. The app totally sucks for me. Appears to be random. Odd, isn't it. I keep deciding to just delete the thing and wait a few months. I delete it and then someone reports huge progress so I try again. My bad.

I can tell you this. I'm Android 11 on a Samsung S10E, and everything is working for me except for the boarding and disembarkation times. I think those won't be available at least until after final payment.  I can access and change dining options, which I haven't done since I selected early traditional when I booked the cruise and that's what we like.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

I am so sorry that things are not working out for you.  As someone who has been in your place this whole process is indeed depressing.  I am not totally out of the woods yet, but doing better than I was.  Taking it one day at a time.  Hope it all works out for you soon.

34 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I can tell you this. I'm Android 11 on a Samsung S10E, and everything is working for me except for the boarding and disembarkation times. I think those won't be available at least until after final payment.  I can access and change dining options, which I haven't done since I selected early traditional when I booked the cruise and that's what we like.

Great to hear.  Did you enter credit card information?  I did it in the Personalizer but for some reason it did not transfer over.

33 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Great to hear.  Did you enter credit card information?  I did it in the Personalizer but for some reason it did not transfer over.

Yes, I entered cc info in the app. Mine didn't transfer over from Personalizer either.

• Thanks 1

I've asked recently, and I sure because of the uncertainty of the MC upgrades the answer have been mixed.

Question Can we use just one device for both passengers (android) for both MC registration, and port check in or do both passengers need their own device ? -- (not interested in onboard use info just the required pre-board stuff)  

15 minutes ago, srpilo said:

I've asked recently, and I sure because of the uncertainty of the MC upgrades the answer have been mixed.

Question Can we use just one device for both passengers (android) for both MC registration, and port check in or do both passengers need their own device ? -- (not interested in onboard use info just the required pre-board stuff)  

One device is fine.  Just like flying where you might have both BP's on one device and swipe back and forth from one to other.  Cabinmate appears with either person's login, along with their info. 

Besides, once the Princess check-in person has you and looks up on their laptop at check-in, they see both of you for the passport check.

Question, I have downloaded the Ocean Medallion app to our ipad. When i open it,  it shows the welcome page with the "Sounds Good to Me" at the bottom, it's there for a second and then the whole app closes. Can't seem to get it to move forward even after trying several times. It just keeps closing. Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

One device is fine.  Just like flying where you might have both BP's on one device and swipe back and forth from one to other.  Cabinmate appears with either person's login, along with their info. 

Besides, once the Princess check-in person has you and looks up on their laptop at check-in, they see both of you for the passport check.

Thank You 

Clean and Concise !

• 2 months later...

We have updated this app, deleted and re-downloaded this app, called and talked to people on three different occasions and no matter what we do we cannot move any further in our check-in process.  When we go into the section to choose our medallions for our voyage, we can click on one of our guests names, then can click on the complimentary medallion, then every single time when we hit next step we just get a white screen of death.  We have tried from both mine and my husbands phone to absolutely no avail.  And now after waiting for over a month, today I got an email back which should have been in regards to this white screen issue, and the email stated I can now upload my passports.... WHAT?!?!?!? I never once discussed an issue with passports with the tech people while on the phone for nearly THREE HOURS.  I am losing my mind, and all I want to do is check-in for my cruise.  The old online platform took me no time whatsoever, I don't understand why they have an app if it doesn't even work.  And the people on the phone are literally zero help whatsoever.  Please tell me someone here knows how to get past these never ending white screens so I can move along in this check-in process???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candhbrown02 said:

We have updated this app, deleted and re-downloaded this app, called and talked to people on three different occasions and no matter what we do we cannot move any further in our check-in process.  When we go into the section to choose our medallions for our voyage, we can click on one of our guests names, then can click on the complimentary medallion, then every single time when we hit next step we just get a white screen of death.  We have tried from both mine and my husbands phone to absolutely no avail.  And now after waiting for over a month, today I got an email back which should have been in regards to this white screen issue, and the email stated I can now upload my passports.... WHAT?!?!?!? I never once discussed an issue with passports with the tech people while on the phone for nearly THREE HOURS.  I am losing my mind, and all I want to do is check-in for my cruise.  The old online platform took me no time whatsoever, I don't understand why they have an app if it doesn't even work.  And the people on the phone are literally zero help whatsoever.  Please tell me someone here knows how to get past these never ending white screens so I can move along in this check-in process???

The way to get past the errors is for the developers to either fix the underlying bugs in their database code, or for the database administrators to manually patch the data so it doesn't trigger the bugs; sadly, it appears that they're taking the latter approach. And there are a few ways to get the attention of the developers/DBAs:
   1. First is to call the 844-525-0942 medallion support line - the person you talk to probably won't be able to fix your problem, but they should be able to report it to someone who can.
   2. Second is to eMail a problem report to the askoceanmedallion@carnival.com eMail address. Unclear what sort of response time this will entail.
   3. The third one (that I just encountered today) is to leave a bad review in the Android Play Store or Apple App Store - you should then get an eMail from them a few weeks later asking you to send the details of your problem to the above eMail address and offering to help. I'll reply on this thread if/when they actually fix my remaining problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barrykel said:

The way to get past the errors is for the developers to either fix the underlying bugs in their database code, or for the database administrators to manually patch the data so it doesn't trigger the bugs; sadly, it appears that they're taking the latter approach. And there are a few ways to get the attention of the developers/DBAs:
   1. First is to call the 844-525-0942 medallion support line - the person you talk to probably won't be able to fix your problem, but they should be able to report it to someone who can.
   2. Second is to eMail a problem report to the askoceanmedallion@carnival.com eMail address. Unclear what sort of response time this will entail.
   3. The third one (that I just encountered today) is to leave a bad review in the Android Play Store or Apple App Store - you should then get an eMail from them a few weeks later asking you to send the details of your problem to the above eMail address and offering to help. I'll reply on this thread if/when they actually fix my remaining problem.

2. worked much better for me than 1.