PCR testing required or not precruise?

LewiLewi

We have just signed up for the Aug. 8 American Countess cruise leaving from New Orleans. Our travel agent informed us that antigen testing will no longer be required for that cruise, although proof of vaccination is. Has anyone heard otherwise?

We are sailing on the Duchess in mid July. Our docs say we must be vaccinated, and that a COVID test will be required and administered at the pre cruise hotel the day before we sail. The docs also “strongly recommend” that you get tested a few days before you leave home. I called to ask if results of that test in your community was needed to be reported to them, and I was told that they won’t be asking for those results. 

So,  I guess the answer to your question is “No”, but “Yes”. 

We are looking forward to sailing on the American Duchess Memphis to New Orleans, November 8-15.  We plan on visiting Graceland.  This will be our first river cruise and we can't wait to get back on a boat! We had two cross Atlantic  cruises canceled due to COVID. Any suggestions/tips etc. from other river cruisers will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

6 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

I just spoke with someone in the AQS office who said that as of July 1, no antigen tests will be administered. Just bring your CDC vaccination card. I’m good with that.

This is awesome.  We're on the American Countess, July 4.  I've been checking the site to sign up for the Covid test, but our boat isn't listed.  The boats that have times to sign up for a Covid test in July are in Washington state.  Maybe it has to do with state requirements.

17 hours ago, denamo said:

The boats that have times to sign up for a Covid test in July are in Washington state.  Maybe it has to do with state requirements.

There's a thread over on the American Cruise Line forum (Testing, June 14) talking about this.  Here's a paragraph I copied over from that thread - it's from an e-mail that ACL sent to folks on a Puget Sound cruise:

The State of Washington has imposed a pre-cruise testing requirement for all cruise guests, regardless of vaccination status.  Accordingly, all guests are required to take a molecular COVID-19 test (such as a NAAT or PCR test) three days prior to traveling and email your test results to us. 

17 hours ago, denamo said:

This is awesome.  We're on the American Countess, July 4.  I've been checking the site to sign up for the Covid test, but our boat isn't listed.  The boats that have times to sign up for a Covid test in July are in Washington state.  Maybe it has to do with state requirements.

Please let me know all about your cruise; hotel, checkin, etc. This will be our first American River cruise and we can’t wait to get back to sailing again.

8 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Please let me know all about your cruise; hotel, checkin, etc. This will be our first American River cruise and we can’t wait to get back to sailing again.

Will do!

I was curious about the post of no Covid testing to be done pre-cruise.  I called AQSC late yesterday and the rep I spoke with said that is not true.  She even looked through her email for any update.  I mentioned the American Countess wasn't listed to sign up for an appointment time for our July 4 embarkation.  I told her only boats from Washington state with embarkation dates in July were listed to make an appointment. 

She was adamant about the fact that we would be tested.  Checked online today (Saturday, 6/26/21), but still no American Countess appointment times listed for our July 4 embarkation. Our testing date would be a week from today.  It's a mystery! 😃 

I'll keep everyone posted here.

2 hours ago, denamo said:

I was curious about the post of no Covid testing to be done pre-cruise.  I called AQSC late yesterday and the rep I spoke with said that is not true.  She even looked through her email for any update.  I mentioned the American Countess wasn't listed to sign up for an appointment time for our July 4 embarkation.  I told her only boats from Washington state with embarkation dates in July were listed to make an appointment. 

She was adamant about the fact that we would be tested.  Checked online today (Saturday, 6/26/21), but still no American Countess appointment times listed for our July 4 embarkation. Our testing date would be a week from today.  It's a mystery! 😃 

I'll keep everyone posted here.

I was told, upon calling an AQSC rep, as you may see in my earlier post, that the test was still required. After reading LewiLewi’s post, I called again a few days later and was told that, yes, indeed, as of July 1, testing was no longer going to be done or required. The funny thing was I’m pretty sure it was the same rep who had told me a few days before that it was still required. 

I believe that the hotel is not being listed indicates that the rep you spoke with was confused, maybe because of the Washington requirement. 

I recommended to the rep that the company should send clarifying emails to those of us who gad already received docs with the old info. 

18 hours ago, BillNY said:

I was told, upon calling an AQSC rep, as you may see in my earlier post, that the test was still required. After reading LewiLewi’s post, I called again a few days later and was told that, yes, indeed, as of July 1, testing was no longer going to be done or required. The funny thing was I’m pretty sure it was the same rep who had told me a few days before that it was still required. 

I believe that the hotel is not being listed indicates that the rep you spoke with was confused, maybe because of the Washington requirement. 

I recommended to the rep that the company should send clarifying emails to those of us who gad already received docs with the old info. 

Checked online once more and, our American Countess cruise is next Sunday, July 4, from Memphis, and the hotel for the American Countess was not listed.

Agree with your assessment of the rep I spoke with was confused, and there should be an email with updated procedures sent.  👍

Just an update on the testing or not testing at the hotel discussion:

This is from the impact health website that AQSC directs you to in order to make an appointment for a pre cruise COVID test. It is still required on the Empress, because, as stated above, Washington state still requires a test. 

As local regulations continue to evolve, it is no longer necessary for American Duchess, American Countess and American Queen Guests to register for their PCR (COVID-19) testing on site prior to boarding the vessel.

For American Empress Guests:  American Empress must participate in PCR (COVID-19) test the night prior to their voyage at the pre-cruise hotel.  

• Like 1

Just got a call from my AQSC rep regarding our upcoming Duchess cruise. NO testing required.

Vax still required, of course.

Masks pretty much not required onboard, inside or out, (except perhaps during boarding, etc).

Not sure on masking requirements on the HoHo buses (which she said are running).

Edited by TinCan782

1 hour ago, TinCan782 said:

Just got a call from my AQSC rep regarding our upcoming Duchess cruise. NO testing required.

Vax still required, of course.

Masks pretty much not required onboard, inside or out, (except perhaps during boarding, etc).

Not sure on masking requirements on the HoHo buses (which she said are running).

Glad to hear the hop on hop off buses are running again! They are a great way to explore the ports and get a flavor of what life is like in the visited towns. 

11 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Thanks to all for the updates. We board the Duchess on Aug. 2 so are relieved to hear no pre-cruise testing and that the HOHO are running again. This is our first AQSC cruise and can hardly wait!

We are on the Duchess July11-19. This will be our third AQSC cruise and second on the Duchess. I’m sure you’re going to love it! 

BillNY how did you find the info for The Empress. We are doing our first AQSC cruise on the Empress on 8/16 so it looks like we will need a Covid test. I can't seem to find the place to schedule the Covid test on the website. Looked under the Health & Safety info at the top.

Thanks for the help!

16 hours ago, bebtwice said:

BillNY how did you find the info for The Empress. We are doing our first AQSC cruise on the Empress on 8/16 so it looks like we will need a Covid test. I can't seem to find the place to schedule the Covid test on the website. Looked under the Health & Safety info at the top.

Thanks for the help!

I thought I responded but it seems to have disappeared.

In our docs, there is a website on which to sign up for the pre cruise Covid test (only required now for trips out of Washington state; so, only for the Empress. )

The website is impacthealth dot com /AQSC. There, you will be directed to make an account. A drop down menu of hotels will then be provided, one week before your trip, and then you will be able to sign up. 

You should be receiving your docs soon, and it will all be in there. 

I hope you have a great trip! 

On 7/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, BillNY said:

I thought I responded but it seems to have disappeared.

In our docs, there is a website on which to sign up for the pre cruise Covid test (only required now for trips out of Washington state; so, only for the Empress. )

The website is impacthealth dot com /AQSC. There, you will be directed to make an account. A drop down menu of hotels will then be provided, one week before your trip, and then you will be able to sign up. 

You should be receiving your docs soon, and it will all be in there. 

I hope you have a great trip! 

Thanks for the reply. After posting it occurred to me that maybe the info wouldn't show up until we get our docs, which hopefully be coming soon, though the  trip is currently still 6 weeks away. Yep, guess we have to do the Covid test. I'm hopping that they will have worked the kinks out for the check-in and testing processes at the hotel before our cruise. We shall see. Would be nice to at least get one of our trips that were scheduled for last year under our belt!

13 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

Thank you, BillNY, for the wifi info.

•  Is there a safe for documents in the room?

I’m• Is there a mini-frig in the room?

Yes to both. There is a safe and a mini frig in every cabin. There is also a coffee maker. 

• Thanks 1