Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Not disappointing - the picture above is taken from the Harbor Bridge or close by over looking the harbor..  Here's a great aerial view of Sydney Harbor.  The Overseas Passenger Terminal is on the right side of the Harbor, the Harbor Bridge is on the bottom right, the Opera House is on the bottom left, and the Botanical Garden is on center left.  The small docks in the center host dozens of ferries.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal | James Seung Hwan Kim | Archinect

It's a great shot!  And an even more spectacular harbor. It's great fun walking across the bridge. So much there to do and to see. I took one of the water taxis from Parramatta (suburb of Sydney) to the Harbor and before coming right into the harbor you see the other pier (I didn't realize it was called the Overseas Passengers Terminal. There was a cruise ship docked there, too.

I am attempting to fill in my date of birth and passport expiration year and I am unable to input any numbers.  The month and day is accessible but not the year.  I have tried 1939 and 39 but it says “invalid date”.  This is my second cruise with the medallion and I find that certain words are faint, i.e. my first name but my second name is bold.  What am I doing wrong please?  Thank you in advance.

32 minutes ago, Londonpride said:

I am attempting to fill in my date of birth and passport expiration year and I am unable to input any numbers.  The month and day is accessible but not the year.  I have tried 1939 and 39 but it says “invalid date”.  This is my second cruise with the medallion and I find that certain words are faint, i.e. my first name but my second name is bold.  What am I doing wrong please?  Thank you in advance.

You're probably not doing anything wrong ... just keep trying until it works.  If it doesn't work properly after a month or so, call Customer Service and ask for someone to review your information and fix anything that might be hanging you up.  Know that this may happen multiple times.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Londonpride said:

Probably not you...but the app. Try calling the Medallion help desk. That's what I did and they were able to correct the errors. Good luck.

I've been on the phone twice with the Ocean Ready customer support at Princess with no resolution so thought I'd ask this forum. I'm guessing someone has had this issue.  I'm trying to enter my Payment Method using the same MasterCard I've used for at least 10 prior Princess cruises.  It gives me an error "Invalid Card Number." I have the card in my hand and I've typed the card number correctly. Anyone else have this issue and can provide guidance?

26 minutes ago, sckal said:

I've been on the phone twice with the Ocean Ready customer support at Princess with no resolution so thought I'd ask this forum. I'm guessing someone has had this issue.  I'm trying to enter my Payment Method using the same MasterCard I've used for at least 10 prior Princess cruises.  It gives me an error "Invalid Card Number." I have the card in my hand and I've typed the card number correctly. Anyone else have this issue and can provide guidance?

Maybe it’s already there. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sckal said:

Read my post above ... it takes a great deal of patience to get your info entered.  If I had to do it all over again I'd not even start it ... I'd just show up with my paperwork like in the good ol' days.  Just keep trying and one day it will work ... or don't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Read my post above ... it takes a great deal of patience to get your info entered.  If I had to do it all over again I'd not even start it ... I'd just show up with my paperwork like in the good ol' days.  Just keep trying and one day it will work ... or don't.

Yeah I saw that post. I'll check again a time or two prior to sailing but otherwise I agree, I'll let them sort it out at checkin. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sckal said:

I'm getting the same error when I try to enter my credit card number for my daughter's cabin. It worked fine when I entered it for my payment method on my booking, but when I enter it for the second booking it says Invalid Card Number. I'm holding the card in my hand and double checking I've entered all the numbers correctly. I have a feeling that there is some kind of bug that if that card number is already in use it won't accept it for a second booking. Is your booking the only one that you are using the credit card for?

• Like 2

Completed the Medallion app info, we're in the green lane and Ocean Ready but I can't find a boarding pass or QR code anywhere?  Should it be there?  As to the Medallion itself, we're in the UK so don't get sent it beforehand.  We've just ordered a basic Medallion, no pendant or wristband, so what form does it come in, loose or on a basic lanyard?  I see on boarding day there is a presentation on using the Medallion but according to the app it's already full.  I presume there'll be some sort of instructions on our stateroom TV as well.  Sorry for all these questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aquilegia said:

I can't find a boarding pass or QR code anywhere

Don't worry - it's not needed and nobody asks for it.

on a basic lanyard

Yes

I see on boarding day there is a presentation on using the Medallion but according to the app it's already full.

You really don't need any instructions on how to use the Medallion and if you have any query just ask at the Medallion desk. Using the app is a different matter.

I presume there'll be some sort of instructions on our stateroom TV as well.

I seem to recall that there is a short video on the TV

• Thanks 1

Completed the Medallion app info, we're in the green lane and Ocean Ready but I can't find a boarding pass or QR code anywhere?  Should it be there?  As to the Medallion itself, we're in the UK so don't get sent it beforehand.  We've just ordered a basic Medallion, no pendant or wristband, so what form does it come in, loose or on a basic lanyard?  I see on boarding day there is a presentation on using the Medallion but according to the app it's already full.  I presume there'll be some sort of instructions on our stateroom TV as well.  Sorry for all these questions.

When is your cruise? The QR code does not appear until a few weeks before your cruise. As noted by others, and experienced by me, they do not check for it when you board. You don't really need instructions as it works like the old cruise card, used to board and disembark, make purchases and open your stateroom door. The medallion comes with a lanyard, but you will be given the opportunity to purchase accessories onboard.

Edited by Doug R.
Bad gramer and spelun.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, aquilegia said:

I see on boarding day there is a presentation on using the Medallion but according to the app it's already full.

I'm thinking this is from the Journeyview on your app, and I just wanted to let you know that you probably don't have to worry about it being full in reality.  The headcount aspect of the app is still a work in progress.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doug R. said:

When is your cruise? The QR code does not appear until a few weeks before your cruise. 

Our cruise is 4 weeks away, so I'll check occasionally, but as you and others have said it doesn't matter I don't need to worry about it now.  Thanks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I'm thinking this is from the Journeyview on your app, and I just wanted to let you know that you probably don't have to worry about it being full in reality.  The headcount aspect of the app is still a work in progress.

Kamelia, yes, that's where I saw it.  If it's a fault on the app that explains it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aquilegia said:

Kamelia, yes, that's where I saw it.  If it's a fault on the app that explains it.

Not so much a fault as a misunderstanding. When you click on an activity and say you’re going, it isn’t creating a reservation.  It has no purpose that Princess has shared with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kabuki12 said:

I have a cruise this Tuesday.  I was in the green lane and now the medallion app shows this cruise as 56 days away. It will not load.  Any suggestions?

Ignore it. Take your docs with you and have a good cruise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kabuki12 said:

I have a cruise this Tuesday.  I was in the green lane and now the medallion app shows this cruise as 56 days away. It will not load.  Any suggestions?

It all does work itself out once you're on the ship. And whatever isn't right, Guest Services will make it right!!  I just wish the Medallion worked as well off the ship for the majority of people as it seems to on the ship. Part of the cruising experience is the anticipation, the pre-cruise planning, and the Medallion could be much more instrumental in all of that than at present.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

It all does work itself out once you're on the ship. And whatever isn't right, Guest Services will make it right!!  I just wish the Medallion worked as well off the ship for the majority of people as it seems to on the ship. Part of the cruising experience is the anticipation, the pre-cruise planning, and the Medallion could be much more instrumental in all of that than at present.

The Medallion doesn't work at all off the ship. The issues are not with the Medallion. It's the MedallionClass App that gives people problems. More of the idiotic Princess policy of naming different things with similar names.

• Thanks 1