Number of cabins booked on first sailings of Vista and Horizon

jimbo5544

JH mentioned today he would have the counts for the first sailings of each ship by Friday.  It was asked earlier on how full the ships were going to be ( could not find the thread ).  He did mention that on the Horizon, there was already 753 first time cruisers, which blew me away.   Speaks to pent up demand, I guess.   . 

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

753 tells me there were a lot of cancellations. The blue card number is usually double that. Maybe it’s just the lack of young children

Good call

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

753 tells me there were a lot of cancellations. The blue card number is usually double that. Maybe it’s just the lack of young children

So if they are sailing at 50% capacity, the number is spot on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ll be interested to see the final numbers. But this is the first sign to me that there may actually be a reduced capacity.

He said maybe tomorrow of he has internet, or Friday if not, and when he gets to Miami.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

He said maybe tomorrow of he has internet, or Friday if not, and when he gets to Miami.

He mentioned over 5,000 between the two ships so I would say less than 3,000 per ship. By comparison the last numbers he posted before the shutdown, for Horizon alone, had over 4,500 guests. I hope they have a reduced capacity like that for Mardi Gras in August. I definitely enjoyed reduced capacity at the resorts in Mexico. 

22 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Except he says he is stuck in the UK so he has internet.

I saw the two princes doing a diana statue in the uk so it seems the prince can fly back to the usa  but not john.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

He mentioned over 5,000 between the two ships so I would say less than 3,000 per ship. By comparison the last numbers he posted before the shutdown, for Horizon alone, had over 4,500 guests. I hope they have a reduced capacity like that for Mardi Gras in August. I definitely enjoyed reduced capacity at the resorts in Mexico. 

Yup, cannot argue that

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Except he says he is stuck in the UK so he has internet.

I saw the two princes doing a diana statue in the uk so it seems the prince can fly back to the usa  but not john.

Nothing new there…

On 6/30/2021 at 8:36 AM, jimbo5544 said:

JH mentioned today he would have the counts for the first sailings of each ship by Friday.  It was asked earlier on how full the ships were going to be ( could not find the thread ).  He did mention that on the Horizon, there was already 753 first time cruisers, which blew me away.   Speaks to pent up demand, I guess.   . 

He also said about 5k between Horizon and Vista. 

1 minute ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

He also said about 5k between Horizon and Vista. 

Correct, I forgot to mention that.   Interesting numbers, guess they make sense once they dropped off all the people who refuse to vaccinate.