Suite Guarantee

Snowescapee

You don't get drink package, wifi, tips, or OBC.   You will have complimentary drinks in the Retreat lounge only, not on the sun deck or Luminae or anywhere else on the ship.   Frankly if you just consider the OBC and tips as having real value then the difference is really that much and considering it's a GTY make sure you do the math.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You don't get drink package, wifi, tips, or OBC.   You will have complimentary drinks in the Retreat lounge only, not on the sun deck or Luminae or anywhere else on the ship.   Frankly if you just consider the OBC and tips as having real value then the difference is really that much and considering it's a GTY make sure you do the math.

Very important to do the math.

A few years ago we saved $6000 by taking a suite guarantee.  No way would we have spent that kind of dough on the amenities not included. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just booked one on the Edge sailing this weekend.  I think it was ~$480 pp less than an S3.  If I subtract the $300 OBC and $133 Gratuities the difference was only ~$50 pp for the 7 days and it's a GTY.  

I agree in the past GTY or taking discounts without PERKS could save significant $$.   The Simply Sail rates now I think are structured to show you the "value" in the AI rate and push you back to booking that.

• Thanks 1

We recently booked a suite on one of the upcoming Edge sailings. The suite guarantee rate - which didn't include OBC, the drink package, gratuities, or WiFi - was only about $450 less per person than the actual booking rate with all the perks

If I look at the value of the perks - the gratuities in the Retreat are $19/day, so $133. It included $300 OBC per person. That alone is $433. The WiFi we'll definitely find a way to use. And the odds of spending less than $17 a day on drinks are zero.

In essence, unless you don't drink alcohol (outside of the Lounge), need no WiFi, and have no use for the onboard credit, the "no perks" rate is clearly ridiculous - it's there just to try and make the "with perks" rate look like an absolute bargain.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GTarrant said:

We recently booked a suite on one of the upcoming Edge sailings. The suite guarantee rate - which didn't include OBC, the drink package, gratuities, or WiFi - was only about $450 less per person than the actual booking rate with all the perks

If I look at the value of the perks - the gratuities in the Retreat are $19/day, so $133. It included $300 OBC per person. That alone is $433. The WiFi we'll definitely find a way to use. And the odds of spending less than $17 a day on drinks are zero.

In essence, unless you don't drink alcohol (outside of the Lounge), need no WiFi, and have no use for the onboard credit, the "no perks" rate is clearly ridiculous - it's there just to try and make the "with perks" rate look like an absolute bargain.

This is called "doing your homework".

5 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Guarantee probably works well for a zenith.

I've done it before as Zenith and then Bid on an Upgrade to RS which I won.  Net/Net price was incredible.