Diamond Drink Vouchers

On 7/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, SlightDraw said:

Help me on this. I get the beverage package. As a diamond member, how do these drinks benefit me?

Just a thought, you buy a  beverage package and you are diamond these drinks should discount the beverage package. 

Here’s a thought.  Don’t buy the drink package and use your vouchers instead! 🤔😀

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

Here’s a thought.  Don’t buy the drink package and use your vouchers instead! 🤔😀

ok trying to understand the math.  If a deluxe beverage package is say $60 per day and an average drink/wine (+ tip) is $15, that's 4 drinks.  So if as a diamond member I plan to have 7 drinks or less per day, dont buy the package.  If I plan to have 9 or more per day, get the package.  8pd is the break-even point.  Let's see.... 

2 mimosa for breakfast

2 wines for lunch

2 cocktails for happy hour

2 wines with dinner

I'm already at 8 and its only dinner.  I'm getting the package... 😇

47 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

ok trying to understand the math.  If a deluxe beverage package is say $60 per day and an average drink/wine (+ tip) is $15, that's 4 drinks.  So if as a diamond member I plan to have 7 drinks or less per day, dont buy the package.  If I plan to have 9 or more per day, get the package.  8pd is the break-even point.  Let's see.... 

2 mimosa for breakfast

2 wines for lunch

2 wines with dinner

Sounds like it makes sense for you.  For me and depending on the cost of the package,  it doesn’t make sense.  On sale right now on my b2b it is $69.  I will usually have maybe 3 drinks (wine) more than my vouchers on some days - but not every day - and that has always been less than the average package cost. I use the vouchers for the most expensive drinks.  I was delighted when I reached D+ to get that perk.  Cheers! 

18 hours ago, mitz18 said:

2 mimosa for breakfast

2 wines for lunch

2 wines with dinner

The package is $60 per day, plus 18%.

Drinks are UP TO $13 per drink, plus 18%.

Typically, the break even for the package is 5 - 6 drinks per day.  Even on port days.

So 9 - 10 for a Diamond with vouchers.

• Like 1

Earlier on this thread there were some heated exchanges regarding taking drinks or appetizers back to your cabin from DL. Someone posted a letter from Anthem. I just got off Allure last Saturday. There is no mention on the letter of the prohibition of taking food or drinks out of the lounge. Don't know if it's this way on all the ships, but it was the case on Allure. Leaving for (3rd) Odyssey cruise a week from tomorrow 🙂 We'll see what the rules are there

Under the old rules where you got unlimited drinks in the DL from 5:00-8:30, there was always a sign asking that you don't take food or drink out, but it was rarely enforced.  Under the new rules, I don't think it really matters with regard to drinks, but I'm sure they prefer you don't take the apps out, but enjoy them in the DL.  I would imagine some would fill up plates of apps to share with non-diamonds in other lounges.