Diamond Drink Vouchers

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Looking forward to having a nicer glass of wine than on the old standard diamond list. 

Though I don't normally drink during the day it will be great to be able to use a voucher in late night dinning or during a late show . No more trying to get in a drink before the HH cut off point 

Will they still have the BOGO voucher for a drink during the cruise? I use that for my nice glasses of bubbly.

59 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Will they still have the BOGO voucher for a drink during the cruise? I use that for my nice glasses of bubbly.

Yes: it says 50% off any 2 glasses of wine, beer or soda throughout your sailing.  

Badly worded as some assumed that it is a multiple use offer, but they seem to have changed it from needing to use this perk on the first day which it used to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wasn’t it you that said you get a bottle of water to go from the lounge when technically it isn’t allowed? You can’t have it both ways. I also wouldn’t call it smuggling. Smuggling is when you are hiding stuff to get away with it. 🙄🙄🙄

You know exactly what I was implying!  So we aren't smuggling either. No I said we each get a bottle of water before we leave the DL after having two drinks and a snack each for the evening in the DL.🙄🙄🙄🙄 Did I say if the bottles of water were opened or not while in the DL and then leave?  No way I'm I leaving an unfinished drink in the DL. Technically and totally up to the DL wait staff whether we walk out with a couple bottles of water. Don't assume it doesn't go toward our three CAS HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was catching up on the thread since it was bumped to the first page. To me it doesn’t matter if the bartender gave you one, the fact is you still took it out when they say no drinks are supposed to be taken out. I have never seen anywhere where it differentiates between water, soda or alcohol.

The only reason I became interested is because both of you posted making it sound like he did something horrible when he has done what a ton of other people have done. You can’t honestly say you have been an angel on board and I know Dave hasn’t been. There was just no reason to call him out like that. Hope this clears this up for you.

Where exactly is it published that drinks are not allowed out of the DL?  I've never seen it published or posted in the DL and I've have never been told by a DL staff member it's a no, no. However  I've seen it published on RCs website exactly how water you are allowed to carry on at only the embarkation port.  

Just now, davekathy said:

Where exactly is it published that drinks are not allowed out of the DL?  I've never seen it published or posted in the DL and I've have never been told by a DL staff member it's a no, no. However  I've seen it published on RCs website exactly how water you are allowed to carry on at only the embarkation port.  

Published on the D, D+, Pinn perks sheet in your cabin (or maybe it's the letter from the concierge).  I've seen signs posted in or outside the lounges.  And it was enforced on at least one of my Grandeur sailings.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Some DL's have a sign by the door. No food or drink leaves the lounge. 

That being said, I have taken both out on occasion 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Penultimate paragraph 

6107A778-0457-42A4-9E0F-DDF400959EB5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Penultimate paragraph 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, island lady said:

Exactly what I do.   🙂  But I have never done the drink package.  Have no need for it.  

ive gotten it included like on azamara and some promotions but never paid for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

1.  Those that choose to follow the rules

2.  Those that assume rules are not meant for you.  

So...which are you?  

I fall in the same category as you. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, davekathy said:

Pat your post is spot on and for sharing info for those requesting how to bring water on, on embarkation day.  👍Not how to get away with smuggling more. Thanks. 

Give an inch, take a mile. 🙄

Pot calling the kettle black.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

You know exactly what I was implying!  So we aren't smuggling either. No I said we each get a bottle of water before we leave the DL after having two drinks and a snack each for the evening in the DL.🙄🙄🙄🙄 Did I say if the bottles of water were opened or not while in the DL and then leave?  No way I'm I leaving an unfinished drink in the DL. Technically and totally up to the DL wait staff whether we walk out with a couple bottles of water. Don't assume it doesn't go toward our three CAS HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. 

You were implying that TheMiz was smuggling. How can he smuggle a case of water on board when it’s in plain sight? It’s no different than you taking drinks out of the lounges in plain sight. I called you out for doing the same thing. Taking more water on board or taking drinks out of the lounges, either way it’s against the rules.

Pat didn’t need to call him out when both of you have done basically the same thing and then you jumping on her bandwagon. 🙄🙄🙄 Pat did call him out by saying “I follow the rules” while pointing out that TheMiz was bringing on to much water. That’s what I meant when I said you can’t have it both ways. There is a way to let someone know that only X amount of water is allowed on board instead of saying “I follow the rules”. 🙄🙄🙄

Personally, I don’t care if someone brings drinks out of the lounges or brings on more water. If it was that big of a deal to Royal they would be more vigilant about it. I’m no angel either and I never acted like I was since I have also taken drinks out of the lounges. I just don’t call others out.

With that being said I have already wasted to much of my time so I’m done with this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Published on the D, D+, Pinn perks sheet in your cabin (or maybe it's the letter from the concierge).  I've seen signs posted in or outside the lounges.  And it was enforced on at least one of my Grandeur sailings.

Apparently the DL staff and DLC haven't seen it either on our cruises. 🤫

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Apparently the DL staff and DLC haven't seen it either on our cruises. 🤫

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Pot calling the kettle black.

You were implying that TheMiz was smuggling. How can he smuggle a case of water on board when it’s in plain sight? It’s no different than you taking drinks out of the lounges in plain sight. I called you out for doing the same thing. Taking more water on board or taking drinks out of the lounges, either way it’s against the rules.

Pat didn’t need to call him out when both of you have done basically the same thing and then you jumping on her bandwagon. 🙄🙄🙄 Pat did call him out by saying “I follow the rules” while pointing out that TheMiz was bringing on to much water. That’s what I meant when I said you can’t have it both ways. There is a way to let someone know that only X amount of water is allowed on board instead of saying “I follow the rules”. 🙄🙄🙄

Personally, I don’t care if someone brings drinks out of the lounges or brings on more water. If it was that big of a deal to Royal they would be more vigilant about it. I’m no angel either and I never acted like I was since I have also taken drinks out of the lounges. I just don’t call others out.

With that being said I have already wasted to much of my time so I’m done with this.

I've been called worse. 🤣 Apples an oranges comparison.🙄🙄🙄🙄

See you're in good company. I'm the farthest person from being an angle or a goodie two shoes, but I've (we've) never brought anything onboard that wasn't allowed or over the allowed amount. Plus it's not worth the embarrassment or hassle if busted. At least we paid for our DL water. If in the future taking water from the DL counts against our allowed amount of our CAS drinks loaded on our Seapass cards, we won't do it and just buy a couple bottles of water. No biggie. 

• Like 1

This is post covid. We haven't cruised post covid yet. No future plans to sail on the Anthem. I'll wait until we are on our B2B Explorer cruise March 2022.  

I've seen that letter before. But then again, I cruise a lot😁

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

The Vision F&B manager once enforced it by posting staff at the door 😳

It was a bit awkward to be busted 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You've seen that letter? You've cruised this year? We need to. 

No, previous versions on other ships. Pretty much a form letter. I can look for a copy. My husband keeps crap like that. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1