Leaving Friday for Uniworld Paris-Normandy

tulok

I'm planning to be on this ship in October... and may have missed it earlier discussions - but was there any mention of the crew being required to be vaccinated? and can you tell me more about the testing and temperature scan protocol?

Also - was there daily testing, as I have heard on being done on Viking? 

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, knoxclone said:

I'm planning to be on this ship in October... and may have missed it earlier discussions - but was there any mention of the crew being required to be vaccinated? and can you tell me more about the testing and temperature scan protocol?

Also - was there daily testing, as I have heard on being done on Viking? 

Thanks!

When we got on the boat the first day they took us to be tested with a rapid test. Every time you return to the boat you have a temperature check and towels were given to clean hands. We did not have a test everyday. Two days before the end of the cruise we had another rapid test to get into the U.S.

I can not answer if all crew was vaccinated. I believe all passengers were because we were all Americans and I believe you had to have proof to fly to France. No one tested positive and no one was sick. With only 41 passengers it would have been quick to know if someone would have as we knew all names by the end of the second day. Crew and passengers names.

They were always cleaning and hand sanitizer machines are everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will add they are learning as the days are going. No menus, you use your phone for QR code’s. My booking number wasn’t working right away so I couldn’t get wifi. I suggested they put one menu on display and I would take a picture. They had the paper menu on display for every meal for pictures throughout the cruise. To me and others it was easier.

This is why I still have menu pictures on my phone.

Edited by tulok
  • Like 1

Thank you!  I presume that by October, it will most likely be close to full capacity of pax. With such a small load of pax, did they have both the dining venues open on the ship?  And, if so, , were you able to choose where you ate or were you assigned?  I appreciate your help!

7 hours ago, knoxclone said:

Thank you!  I presume that by October, it will most likely be close to full capacity of pax. With such a small load of pax, did they have both the dining venues open on the ship?  And, if so, , were you able to choose where you ate or were you assigned?  I appreciate your help!

They had the restaurant and the Bistro open. You had to make reservations for the Bistro which we did and was able to get that day. Our boat is the smaller of the Uniworld fleet so the Bistro was small and they only used 3 tables for distance. Only ate there once.

Both bars were open but did not go to the bar in the back as most met after dinner in the main saloon with the entertainment.

• Like 2