No entertainment reservations on Encore

redsox1584

I called last week my PCC, and she told me she wasnt able to book some shore excursions for me, and advised me to book on board. Has anyone else got this issue as well? My cruise is on the Epic, september 12 

Edited by DanielNL

On 7/10/2021 at 11:57 AM, BirdTravels said:

. . .

So,,, how do you know that they don't "even have shows prepared and cruises starting in august". That seems like a very bold, unsubstantiated assertion.

. . .

Hi, BT!!  You were not responding to me (and this is my only input on this thread), but considering the amount of activity, and non-activity, currently going on in Riverview and Pompano Beach (as well as one major additional third party contract) . . . that initial comment earlier may not be too far off the mark.  

I am a huge fan of the majority of entertainment offered onboard NCL, and I personally hope that things can begin to get back to some form of 'normal' soon so that the stages can once again be filled with great shows.

13 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser2 said:

Are there typical show times?  I think I saw something like 7:00 & 10:00 in an unrelated post.

Just wondering so I can try to book dining reservations around them since I won't be able to book the shows until we get on the ship.

The times given for Choir of Man were 7:30 and 10:00 and the times for Kinky Boots were 7:30 and 10:30. Who knows what will happen now…

Although I think whatever entertainment they do have the times would be similar. 

Edited by redsox1584
  • Thanks 1

wrt to entertainment on the Encore, by this time (a little < 3 weeks to first non-revenue cruise) most entertainers and all shows should be onboard to allow them to quarantine for 14 days, followed by installation and rehearsals. There should be no activity in Florida for the Encore cruises. Maybe for ships with later restart dates. Last I checked, the Encore maintains a CDC Green rating which means they are following crew onboarding protocols.  

• Like 1

I'm ready for the infamous August 7 first Alaskan cruise with only 50-60% occupancy.  

With the occupancy this low there is really no particular need for show reservations.     

Very confident this cruise, "IS A GO"!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShakeDaddy said:

I'm ready for the infamous August 7 first Alaskan cruise with only 50-60% occupancy.  

With the occupancy this low there is really no particular need for show reservations.     

Very confident this cruise, "IS A GO"!! 

You may be right, however it is also possible that with half as many passengers they will only put on half as many shows.  That's what I would do if I were focused on the bottom line.

2 hours ago, ShakeDaddy said:

The purpose of reservations on any large ship (NCL or other lines) is for crowd control. The theater seats 800. And you don’t want more than that to show up at any one show. 

NCL could use either double occupancy capacity or max capacity (gaming it) in their calculations on how many people to allow onboard.  At 60%, there will be somewhere between 2399 and 2942 passengers onboard.

So,,, even with reduced capacity, you will need reservations.