Chefs Table - Explorer of the Seas

Can anyone share their experience? Where is it located on Explorer of the Seas?

We have been wanting to try chefs table for a while and it's never worked out. Do we prioritize it on this sailing? Or wait for a different class of ship?

2 hours ago, RG306 said:

We have been wanting to try chefs table for a while and it's never worked out.

I am a big fan of the Chef's Table. We will be on Explorer this November and we will try and get a deal to have it. I don't know where it will be exactly  but I imagine it will be somewhat like Adventure in that it will be off the main dinning room.

IMG_3335.jpg

5 hours ago, RG306 said:

We have been wanting to try chefs table for a while and it's never worked out. Do we prioritize it on this sailing? Or wait for a different class of ship?

A lot of how much you enjoy it will depend on your tablemates.  We didn't enjoy the experience.

We did chef's table on Explorer 3 years ago. It was in a curtained off area at the back of Chops. We've done it on many ships before and really enjoyed it when it's held in a dedicated dining room (such as on Radiance class). However we felt this fell short as the location just didn't lend itself to the full experience.  There was constant noise from the restaurant at the other side of the curtain and we felt the experience was more rushed as they wanted to clear the restaurant at the end of the  night. I suppose we got lucky though as we were told they sometimes held it in a section of the Windjammer on Explorer

If you often travel on RC I would save your chef's table experience for a different ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobal said:

We did chef's table on Explorer 3 years ago. It was in a curtained off area at the back of Chops. We've done it on many ships before and really enjoyed it when it's held in a dedicated dining room (such as on Radiance class). However we felt this fell short as the location just didn't lend itself to the full experience.  There was constant noise from the restaurant at the other side of the curtain and we felt the experience was more rushed as they wanted to clear the restaurant at the end of the  night. I suppose we got lucky though as we were told they sometimes held it in a section of the Windjammer on Explorer

If you often travel on RC I would save your chef's table experience for a different ship.

my best chef's table was on serenade.  in a private room tucked away.  a nice experience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RG306 said:

Yep wait to you can cruise on Radiance..😇

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Yep wait to you can cruise on Radiance..😇

We have never had the pleasure. Our smallest ships have been on Princess and Celebrity. With Royal, we've booked Freedom and Oasis class. And well now Voyager class.  Even our upcoming Europe cruises ended up on Allure. 

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

That's what I'm afraid of. I think I'd be very disappointed in that type of experience. 

Do most other ships have dedicated  spaces?

22 minutes ago, RG306 said:

That's what I'm afraid of. I think I'd be very disappointed in that type of experience. 

Do most other ships have dedicated  spaces?

The best experience is on Radiance class ships which have a lovely dedicated dining room for Chef's Table. Some of the ships (eg Grandeur) have a portacabin type set up at the back of the main dining room - not as good as Radiance class but at least it's a separate room. Allure does it on deck 12 of the current Diamond lounge and Oasis inside the Suite lounge/Coastal kitchen. Maybe others can chime in where it's held elsewhere. If you have any plans to sail on a Radiance class ship that is where I would choose to do it.

• Like 1