LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

I cannot believe you would post those shot glasses! My sweet, sweet virgin eyes! I need to get a closer look to see if I'm still offended. lol

Here's a nighttime and/or sea day task for you @MorganClark Do any bars do speciality shots (that are covered by the drink package)? On NCL, the mini beers and liquid marijuana shots are pretty common. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Crown Royal Old Fashions at the Duck & Dog Pub (listening to live music).

Oh I have bad, bad partial memories of Crown Royal...Are you listening to Kieran Cox? He's awesome! I first heard about him from the YT channel "The Ship Show" Really great channel if you haven't heard of it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

I cannot believe you would post those shot glasses! My sweet, sweet virgin eyes! I need to get a closer look to see if I'm still offended. lol

Here's a nighttime and/or sea day task for you @MorganClark Do any bars do speciality shots (that are covered by the drink package)? On NCL, the mini beers and liquid marijuana shots are pretty common. 

Shot glasses? Are you referring to the coffee mugs? Because what was on them are way too big to fit on a shot glass, lol..

I'll have to find out about the specialty shots in in the bars. I'm always up for a challenge involving shots.

4 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Crown Royal Old Fashions at the Duck & Dog Pub (listening to live music).

So that I feel less left out, I’m enjoying some of the “Old Fashioned” jellos shots I made for my hubby’s last gig — featuring Bulleit Bourbon and some lovely Strongwater bitters

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Oh I have bad, bad partial memories of Crown Royal...Are you listening to Kieran Cox? He's awesome! I first heard about him from the YT channel "The Ship Show" Really great channel if you haven't heard of it. 

Yep, listening to Kieran Cox. I agree, he is very good. The Duck & Dog Pub is a smaller venue, so it is full inside (1st time I've seen a full venue this cruise). So, currently sitting on the Promenade bur at the tables/chairs the pub set out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Shot glasses? Are you referring to the coffee mugs? Because what was on them are way too big to fit on a shot glass, lol..

I'll have to find out about the specialty shots in in the bars. I'm always up for a challenge involving shots.

Lol yes, clearly I did need a second look because I didn't realize they were coffee mugs. 

(sung to the folgers tuns) The best part of waking up, is...not appropriate for Cruise Critic!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

So that I feel less left out, I’m enjoying some of the “Old Fashioned” jellos shots I made for my hubby’s last gig — featuring Bulleit Bourbon and some lovely Strongwater bitters

Yeah, the classic Old Fashions I was drinking last night at the Schooner had Buffalo Bullet bourbon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Lol yes, clearly I did need a second look because I didn't realize they were coffee mugs. 

(sung to the folgers tuns) The best part of waking up, is...not appropriate for Cruise Critic!

Yeah, if I had one of those coffee mugs staring me in the face every morning, I wouldn't need the coffee to get me (better stop here).

Edited by MorganClark
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, the classic Old Fashions I was drinking last night at the Schooner had Buffalo Bullet bourbon.

Buffalo Trace, I think.  Not familiar with Buffalo Bullet.  Bulleit is our “house” bourbon, lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 3kidsncats said:

Buffalo Trace, I think.  Not familiar with Buffalo Bullet.  Bulleit is our “house” bourbon, lol

Yes, you're absolutely right. It was Buffalo Trace bourbon. My bad. These Crown Royal Old Fashions are kicking in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MorganClark said:

O.k., tonight's towel animal. Any guesses?

20210719_212128.jpg

I've seen this one too often; I think anyone getting this towel animal should refold a different one from the same towels before their cabin steward returns the next day. 🙂

Only I could manage this. I lost my shoes while going through security getting back on the ship. I put my shoes in the round "dish" to run through the x-ray machine. Only thing is, I forgot to retrieve them when they came out the other side. So, I'm dressing for "formal" night and for dinner and realize, no shoes! So, I had to resort to wearing my water shoes at dinner. But, it's o.k. because they're 'formal" water shoes, lol.

20210719_185928.thumb.jpg.bb0c91496b3e46b3e6a71a67452686c1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

Here's Kieron Cox performing at the Duck & Dog Pub. The pub has somewhat cleared out so I was able to move into the actual pub and get a table alot closer to the stage. I have a great view now. Btw, Kieron Cox is very, very good.

20210719_231053.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

Is it possible to get a picture of the Dog and Duck?  I’m desperate to book but my hubby wants to wait. I have been showing him all these lovely photos but I think one of the english pub could change his mind 😊. BTW really enjoying this thread and grateful to all posting.

I know @dswallowposted a similar pic of the front of the Duck & Dog Pub, but here it is again;

20210720_010753.jpg

And, this is the only depiction of a duck & ,dog in the entire pub;

20210720_010726.jpg

I think this venue previously had the name, "The Pub" (can anybody verify this?). I think I like the Duck & Dog Pub much better.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Only I could manage this. I lost my shoes while going through security getting back on the ship. I put my shoes in the round "dish" to run through the x-ray machine. Only thing is, I forgot to retrieve them when they came out the other side. So, I'm dressing for "formal" night and for dinner and realize, no shoes! So, I had to resort to wearing my water shoes at dinner. But, it's o.k. because they're 'formal" water shoes, lol.

When did they start making people take their shoes off to get back on the ship? I've never had to.

• Like 1