Walking kids through Solarium

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

They are allowing unvaccinated on Serenade into the Solarium.  I'm confused about this too because vaccination is required for 12 and up and Solarium is for 16 and up.  I don't understand why it isn't listed as a vaxxed only venue.

Since you are doing the Alaska cruise it probably has to do with allowing children the use of the solarium at times due to the temperature.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lovelife said:

In the sailing protocal sheet sent to us for our upcoming Ovation Alaska sailing it specifically states no unvaccinated in Solarium pools, bar, Bistro, and Solarium pool party. Several more venue exclusions also.

Yeah I saw that and was confused why it was allowed on our Serenade cruise.  The whole thing is perplexing to me.

2 minutes ago, lovelife said:

In the sailing protocal sheet sent to us for our upcoming Ovation Alaska sailing it specifically states no unvaccinated in Solarium pools, bar, Bistro, and Solarium pool party. Several more venue exclusions also.

This is interesting in that it's so specific. Has anyone received something like this for a different ship?

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah I saw that and was confused why it was allowed on our Serenade cruise.  The whole thing is perplexing to me.

I wonder, is the difference based on whether the Solarium is a "walk through" area or an "end" area?

For example, when the Solarium is in the very front of the ship, so there is no need for someone to enter the Solarium in order to get from point A to point B; therefore, it's easy to just deny access entirely.

But on Freedom class and smaller, when you get off the fore elevators, you have to walk through the Solarium in order to get to the main pool area.  (Yes, you *can* go up a deck and go over the Solarium and then go down a deck, but that's a PITA and nobody would be compliant with that requirement.)

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I wonder, is the difference based on whether the Solarium is a "walk through" area or an "end" area?

For example, when the Solarium is in the very front of the ship, so there is no need for someone to enter the Solarium in order to get from point A to point B; therefore, it's easy to just deny access entirely.

But on Freedom class and smaller, when you get off the fore elevators, you have to walk through the Solarium in order to get to the main pool area.  (Yes, you *can* go up a deck and go over the Solarium and then go down a deck, but that's a PITA and nobody would be compliant with that requirement.)

Yes correct...It's easier for the OP and kids to walk through the Solarium to get to the cabin they have booked.

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

That does make a lot of sense... go figure.