Peace of Mind Policy - Not Working?

Considering switching from my booking on the Epic to a Getaway cruise.

Under peace of mind, they will allow me to cancel the Epic and book the Getaway, then wait 7-14 days to get an FCC to pay off the cruise. The guy from NCL seems unsure about my shore excursions though.

I have paid £600 in shore excursions/addons for the cruise and he says he is unsure if I can use my FCC to cover the shore excursions.

Also, the current special offer for Free at Sea (all four) ends July 30th, so if my FCC isnt with me by then, I'm screwed if I go ahead. I feel a little like I'm trapped in this cruise now. Any advice?

I am not sure if the rules are different in the UK, but if you cancel a cruise in the US, you get the cruise fare back as FCC but the excursions/addons, etc. that we have to charge to a credit card goes back to the credit card we used.

Per NCL (USA) website:

How long will it take to receive my future cruise credit?

FCCs will be credited to the guests via their Latitudes number within seven business days. Communication will be sent to the travel partner and guest once the FCC is added.

What is the process for canceling?

For those canceling under the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC will be applied to the guests' profile in 7 business days. If the booking is outside final payment, refunds will work as usual. As always, for more assistance, please call Norwegian Cruise Line at 1-800-327-7030 or your Travel Agent.

What costs are included in the future cruise credit (FCC)?

The following will be applied to the FCC:

• Cruise fare and taxes
    • Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments.
  • Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Prepaid service charges
  • Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of Free At Sea (FAS) Promotion selection)
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased.
    Booksafe Travel Protection will be issued as a separate additional FCC worth the value of the travel protection plan paid. This insurance FCC will be valid for one year from date of issuance and only applicable towards insurance for all published sailings through Dec 31, 2022.

Plus I doubt the promotion will truly end. This current promo had died and risen like a phoenix about 100 times since it went in place. The only thing I see which has truly gone is the 2 for 1 airfare on some sailings. It's there for some, but not all. 

9/10 times when the promo ends it is replaced by the exact same promo. When it truly changes you'll see the buzz here from the 100 people diligently watching for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Sailing12Away said:

Plus I doubt the promotion will truly end. This current promo had died and risen like a phoenix about 100 times since it went in place. The only thing I see which has truly gone is the 2 for 1 airfare on some sailings. It's there for some, but not all. 

9/10 times when the promo ends it is replaced by the exact same promo. When it truly changes you'll see the buzz here from the 100 people diligently watching for it.

That's true. Thankfully I got my way and it's all sorted now 😄

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The only thing I see which has truly gone is the 2 for 1 airfare on some sailings. It's there for some, but not all.

Promotional Air Offer
Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify; with the exception of the following ships/sailings which have 60 days prior:

• Epic 9/5/21-11/11/21; Getaway 9/13/21-11/24/21 and Jade 7/20/21-11/7/21.

The airfare promo won't show if you are trying to book online for any cruise that's between 60 and 90 days.  And the on-line/phone reps don't always know about the exception.

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The "two bonus Latitudes points" promo may end and not return in it's current form.  I believe that is one that comes and goes.

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

The "two bonus Latitudes points" promo may end and not return in it's current form.  I believe that is one that comes and goes.

I think you just wanted to be on this thread because it was started by someone with the CC screen name "ScratchTheRat". I think you were hoping for a back scratch 😉  (*poke*)

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1