Mardi Gras Rooms and CPAPs

RedBeard78

On 7/29/2021 at 11:53 AM, RedBeard78 said:

Asked on the John Heald FB page since there are so many videos showing the little light and USB beside the bed.   Jacinta replied that you need a longer extension cord or the cabin steward can assist you with one.    We'll be onboard in two weeks, if I remember, I'll update the thread.

I thought I heard Mr. Heald telling CPAP users to bring their own cord, if they don't then ask the steward. Personally, I would just bring a new cord. 

• 1 year later...

Has anyone thought of moving the bed slightly to the left or right depending on what side of the bed you need the cpap machine.  Put both small tables together and use that to place the machine.    My concern is the extension cord running across the floor being a tripping hazard,  specially when making a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  I wonder if Carnival will get mad if I duct tape it to the floor?  Ha 

1 hour ago, Mgus1963 said:

Has anyone thought of moving the bed slightly to the left or right depending on what side of the bed you need the cpap machine.  Put both small tables together and use that to place the machine.    My concern is the extension cord running across the floor being a tripping hazard,  specially when making a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  I wonder if Carnival will get mad if I duct tape it to the floor?  Ha 

We've duct taped it down to prevent tripping in a few cabins. No issues.  Tacking it down in a few places worked well

For future reference for anyone searching for info..

we had ocean suite 14410 and had no problems with the side table or an extension cord reaching the outlets. We did unplug the cord and get it out of the way during the so no one would trip. The side tables are small but definitely large enough to hold a cpap without moving around any furniture. 

Cruised on the MG with my CPAP and yes, I placed it on the floor as I have done on other ships as well. I just replace the air filters often. I can't speak for others, but I haven't experienced any bad odors or aftereffects.

It would be nice to have outlets closer to the bed and a small table, but I just deal with what is there and enjoy my cruise.

The CPAP definately fit on the little side table for us. I also duct taped the extension cord on the floor too. No problems.

Once we had enough magnetic hooks to hang the cord across the ceiling - it was like being in a college apartment again - but with the CPAP cord instead of speaker cords...LOL!

On 7/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, POACruzer said:

I am concerned about where to place the machine. Not sure if it will fit on the small shelf thing by the bed. Would I need to use the ottoman as a table to place it on? I will bring a long cord just in case there is no outlet by the bed. I have not seen any in John’s videos of standard cabins. There may be one underneath the bed, but not likely. 

I know a lot of cruisers use Cpap and other devices by the bed (not to mention cell phones). USB is a great feature, but I think a regular outlet would have been a better choice. Especially since USB C is becoming the new standard.

Other than that, really liking the colors and fit and finish of this ship.

It's not an issue. You could leave it on the floor .  Your hose should be long enough.  Mine was

10 minutes ago, FastShip24 said:

It's not an issue. You could leave it on the floor .  Your hose should be long enough.  Mine was

Yes, I cruised almost 2 years ago. No problem with the end table. It was large enough for the cpap. Just had to run an extension cord across the room. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Put it on a room service tray on the floor. Problem solved.

Depending on the size of the machine, put it behind the headboard. A box of tissues can fit there 

Or get a rechargeable travel model.

No need to put it on the floor. It fits on the end table with no issue. It is bigger than it appeared in pictures/videos 2 years ago.