August 3, 2021 Updated sailings and cancellations

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Confused!!    @Ourusualbeach Could you pls verify the restart date of Voyager please as the RCI announcement has 4/24 from Copenhagen but the Blog site has 4/15 from BCN.

Both cruises are still in my planner. 
thanks and 4/15 is still on sale on RCI USA site 🤷‍♀️. Thanks 

It is both.

The official (announcement states the 15th but as others have mentioned there are different cities.  This is copied from Royal announcement.

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS®
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creative.rccl.com%2Fe-lite%2FRCI%2F2014%2FMasters%2Femail_temp%2Fhtml%2Fimages%2Fspacer.gif&d=2021-08-04T10%3A43%3A28.975Z
from Barcelona, Spain & Copenhagen, Denmark, starting April 15, 2022
  • Like 1

Guest BigRoger

I think it’s fair to say that this ‘announcement’ has been pretty much a SNAFU…. I don’t think it’s totally by accident that given how rushed it’s been, given the lack of clarity, no cancellation emails, sailings still on sale that they’ve announced are cancelled etc etc that……. RC have their investment analysts call today… this smacks of trying to get all good and bad news out there before this call regardless of the impact on guests….. for Bayley to ‘communicate’ this by attaching the RC Blog item to his FB page just says what a shambles this has been…. Not impressive corporate performance but will be spun as ‘look what a brilliant job we are doing….’ Today.

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

RC have their investment analysts call today… this smacks of trying to get all good and bad news out there before this call regardless of the impact on guests….. 

100% this is likely what is going on. For customers - terrible business. For investors - great business.

I also suspect there are a lot of itineraries for next year that will be held back from sales until they wipe out the L&S option. I'd wager a lot of the currently existing L&S's on the books are people holding onto great deals from +/- a year ago.... and being strict with the L&S same ship/itinerary is forcing people to the FCC/refund option.

Regardless, it's a public traded company - investors are the higher power always.

6 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I also suspect there are a lot of itineraries for next year that will be held back from sales until they wipe out the L&S option.

That is not the case.  Every ship in the fleet with the exception of Spectrum and Wonder has their itineraries posted and for sale from August 2022 through April 2023 (as far out as itineraries go.

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

I think it’s fair to say that this ‘announcement’ has been pretty much a SNAFU…. I don’t think it’s totally by accident that given how rushed it’s been, given the lack of clarity, no cancellation emails, sailings still on sale that they’ve announced are cancelled etc etc that……. RC have their investment analysts call today… this smacks of trying to get all good and bad news out there before this call regardless of the impact on guests….. for Bayley to ‘communicate’ this by attaching the RC Blog item to his FB page just says what a shambles this has been…. Not impressive corporate performance but will be spun as ‘look what a brilliant job we are doing….’ Today.

Why so harsh toward Royal Caribbean, they are doing the best they can under the ever changing current conditions. Why such a Debbie Downer? Geez!

• Haha 2

Received a cancelation email for my Radiance 3/18/2022 cruise.  Anyone else received emails?  

Cruise was paid by 3 different methods, regular credit card, regular FCC and Covid 125% FCC.  I will request a full refund but I predict it will take a long while before it's all sorted out.  

Edited by molole

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Why so harsh toward Royal Caribbean, they are doing the best they can under the ever changing current conditions. Why such a Debbie Downer? Geez!

Love it….. I wear that comment as a badge of honour from one so steeped in downers…..

15 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Love it….. I wear that comment as a badge of honour from one so steeped in downers…..

Welcome to the Club, lots of them on this site, some don't even know it and some don't ever get called out for it either.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is not the case.  Every ship in the fleet with the exception of Spectrum and Wonder has their itineraries posted and for sale from August 2022 through April 2023 (as far out as itineraries go.

With some more time to look at the sailings I indeed see you are correct. Itineraries are there.