Seems like a line of B____!

31 minutes ago, daninwi said:

are all the October Brilliance of the Seas sailings being moved to Serenade?  we have an Oct 2nd sailing but have not heard from Royal yet.

I'm on the Oct 16 th sailing. Haven't had a peep from RCL, app still shows brilliance.

Online shows cancelled now

Edited by RedIguana
Checked again

I went to full website and have already been moved from Brilliance to Serenade October 30th in my list of booked cruises. I don't trust the app. I also requested a new invoice today and it shows Serenade. Shows I owe a balance, but I think that is normal in cases where the ship changes.

34 minutes ago, nolesrule said:

So in what I would call an unusual move... Serenade is replacing both ships out of Tampa at different times.

Brilliance sailings before Oct 16 are canceled and sailings  from October 16 through December 6 are moving to Serenade.

When Brilliance returns to active sailing December 16,  Serenade will then take over the Rhapsody sailings. Rhapsody sailings out of Tampa before Serenade takes over are canceled.

We're the Brilliance sailings moved to Serenade all 4 nighters? We just found out that our 5 night, 11 Dec 21 Brilliance cruise was canceled but no notice of a move to Serenade. 

3 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

We're the Brilliance sailings moved to Serenade all 4 nighters? We just found out that our 5 night, 11 Dec 21 Brilliance cruise was canceled but no notice of a move to Serenade. 

No, my Oct 30th sailing on Brilliance was 5 nights.

9 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

No. But the last cruise being moved from Brilliance to Serenade is supposedly the Dec 6 sailing, and it's been changed from a 5 to a 4 nighter. So you unfortunately got the one Brilliance cruise after mid-October that got canceled in the transition.

Edited by nolesrule

I got the letter from Royal that my Nov 22 was moved to Serenade. But right now it's showing up as a Canceled cruise on my account and doesn't exist on the booking engine. It's showing 4th, 8th, 13th, 18th and 27th, but not the 22nd.

I'll be patient, because it said the transition could take a couple of weeks.

Edited by nolesrule

1 hour ago, daninwi said:

are all the October Brilliance of the Seas sailings being moved to Serenade?  we have an Oct 2nd sailing but have not heard from Royal yet.

My Oct21-Nov27 Sailings were moved during nite, all reassigned Cabins and show Serenade on Royal Site

We have 3 cruises out of Tampa affected by this. 2 on Brilliance B2B and one on the Rhapsody. We received separate emails for all three that stated we would be moved to the Serenade, same dates..same port.  If we are ok with that (which we are) we are to do nothing.  They will inform us of our new cabin assignments.  No need to call.   They went on to state what to do if you wish to cancel, but I didn’t pay attention to the details.  We are fortunate our cruises fell on dates that the ship was being replaced by another and not completely canceled. 

Just spent more time I will never get back.... (I am the OP) I was told,  I can

receive a full refund up until 8/24. Then it will be FCC.  Or I can take what cabin they

assign me, then I am no longer eligible for a refund, would have to be FCC or I can before

8/24 take the 125% FCC. I was hoping I could wait to see what I was assigned, and if

I didn't like it, I would still be eligible for a refund...NOPE. Which is aggravating, because

Rhapsody has more Aft Bal. than Serenade....I am taking full refund now because we are

on Brilliance Jan and Feb, and they look like same class ship.

We originally booked back in 2020 for B2B sailings on 11/22 & 11/27/21 on Brilliance out of Tampa.  Specifically booked aft facing Junior Sweet cabin 1100 with its wrap around deck for the 11/27 second leg.  Last night my reservation was switched to the Serenade with Jr. Suite Cabin 1098 assigned, a port facing cabin near the aft of the ship.  My question is if we had a specific desirable cabin booked on the cancelled Brilliance and it was replaced with its sister ship Serenade before going on sale to the public, why weren’t all Brilliance passengers automatically placed in their exact corresponding cabin on Serenade?  How could cabin 1100 be already assigned to someone else if the cruise didn’t exist before last evening?  Way to piss your loyal customers off!

1 hour ago, kjc852 said:

We originally booked back in 2020 for B2B sailings on 11/22 & 11/27/21 on Brilliance out of Tampa.  Specifically booked aft facing Junior Sweet cabin 1100 with its wrap around deck for the 11/27 second leg.  Last night my reservation was switched to the Serenade with Jr. Suite Cabin 1098 assigned, a port facing cabin near the aft of the ship.

Our 11 Dec cruise on Brilliance out of Tampa was totally cancelled, not switched to the Serenade. We are not happy since it was my husband's birthday cruise.

2 hours ago, kjc852 said:

We originally booked back in 2020 for B2B sailings on 11/22 & 11/27/21 on Brilliance out of Tampa.  Specifically booked aft facing Junior Sweet cabin 1100 with its wrap around deck for the 11/27 second leg.  Last night my reservation was switched to the Serenade with Jr. Suite Cabin 1098 assigned, a port facing cabin near the aft of the ship.  My question is if we had a specific desirable cabin booked on the cancelled Brilliance and it was replaced with its sister ship Serenade before going on sale to the public, why weren’t all Brilliance passengers automatically placed in their exact corresponding cabin on Serenade?  How could cabin 1100 be already assigned to someone else if the cruise didn’t exist before last evening?  Way to piss your loyal customers off!

As said same situation here. Had Corner/Aft #9256 from Oct-Dec, now cabins are spread out and 2 are worst behind super structure. CV still around liked idea staying in same Cabin. Also had B4B inc TA next April/May on Brilliance canceled. This happened enough last 16 months started booking backups. So still have TA in April/May Booked Aft/Corner on Vision I Booked same time as Brilliance. Hate change and Cabin wanted gone. Still been lot easier as you said ships in same class, move us into same cabin 

16 minutes ago, Skip111 said:

We are sailing on Celebrity Constellation out of Tampa on November 22, 2021 has anyone heard and talk about this cruise ? 

You might have better luck asking this question on the Celebrity board.