DON"T BOOK Royal Caribbean

13 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Not bitter at all. Just not a cheerleader. God forbid they hire more staff to refund monies due in a timely manner.  Staffing is their issue and not the consumers.  totally ridiculous people think this is acceptable. 

Hiring appears to be challenging everywhere right now.  I don’t think Royal is immune to this problem.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sam Ting said:

The environment  allows them to charge your card right away, but then delay 4-6 weeks to issue a refund. Got it. 

Is there any other cruise line that refunds a cruise within days, or is it the entire industry doing the same thing?  

No, it's not good.  Not good at all.  But it's hardly unique, too.

When I read the OP's post, all I see is that nothing has changed in the past year.  If there's another cruise line doing something different that is better, should post about it.

Our 25th anniversary cruise was canceled, too.  After final payment.  It took a long time get a refund- just like others for the previous months of cancelations.   This after 3 other previous cruises were canceled, which we tried to get the credit.

So if you want to abandon Royal Caribbean, where would you go to get different treatment?  People want to have options.

There have been only a handful of actual cruises out of the US so far, right?  And the whole worldwide situation is STILL very fluid- it does not care what you think of vaccines or masks.  At one point, it VERY much looked like this was going to end, so it was logical to make plans to start back up again, even with the ships being "laid up".  Seeing how things are still changing, it's still a gamble to book a cruise, so don't get upset if you lose that gamble.  If you don't recognize that it's a gamble, sorry, but that's on you.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, poocher said:

Hiring appears to be challenging everywhere right now.  I don’t think Royal is immune to this problem.

For companies that treat their employees like crap and don’t pay a fair wage…..

8 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

For companies that treat their employees like crap and don’t pay a fair wage…..

No, for every business.  Higher pay, bonuses, incentives all being offered but hiring is still not easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry you are having such an issue with your refund and missing you 10th anniversary celebration.  I would not want to be in the accounting or customer service field for a cruise line right now.  They are so over whelmed and short staffed but yet everyone one I have spoken with have a great attitude.  If we would just show a little kindness imagine the kindness that would be returned to us.  Hope you get to celebrate.  You are not alone as we are missing out on our 50th wedding anniversary celebration, but I look at it this way, we are still here together to enjoy the day.

• Like 5

My refund experience - it took almost three months to the day from cancellation for the deposit to hit my credit card.  

A couple years ago, final payment used to be 70 days from embarkation and was moved out to ninety. 

I have a final payment coming up.  I will probably cancel due to current situation; however, if the cruise lines would shorten the span between final payment and cruise, I could reevaluate closer to cruise date, at which time I might feel more comfortable making final payment. 

I would like to cruise.  

I don’t want to wait for three months for that credit to show on my card.  I’m thinking my refund now depends on your final payments, minimal payments, slower refund.  My next refund may take four months especially with non vaccinated cancellations adding up between now and next months final payment due date.

It takes less than two minutes to hit my credit card. Before pandemic and shut down, one refund arrived in three days.