Is Princess doing CDC testing cruises and how do you sign up?

swdke

2 hours ago, swdke said:

Is Princess doing CDC testing cruises and how do you sign up?  Thanks.

Because Princess is going with the vaccination requirements, they are not doing test cruises.  The only people allowed on Princess are those that are fully vaccinated or have an ADA exemption.  For those passengers, they must pay for their own testing, wear a mask whenever in public and are limited at certain events.  On our sailing,  which was the Princess Majestic's first sailing out of the US in over 16 months, I understand there were only 3 passengers that were unvaccinated ... that was out of 2286 passengers in total.  No kids under 12 were allowed because their vaccine wasn't (isn't) yet available.  

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Because Princess is going with the vaccination requirements, they are not doing test cruises.  The only people allowed on Princess are those that are fully vaccinated or have an ADA exemption.  For those passengers, they must pay for their own testing, wear a mask whenever in public and are limited at certain events.  On our sailing,  which was the Princess Majestic's first sailing out of the US in over 16 months, I understand there were only 3 passengers that were unvaccinated ... that was out of 2286 passengers in total.  No kids under 12 were allowed because their vaccine wasn't (isn't) yet available.  

And now they are treating the fully-vaccinated to fully masking as well.  Sigh.

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And now they are treating the fully-vaccinated to fully masking as well.  Sigh.

Well, on our sailing, the first one out for Princess, we didn't have to mask, although they recommended that we all do so in the elevators and no more than 6 passengers at one time.  Well, that was largely ignored.  I think I only saw a handful of passengers wearing masks onboard.  In ports, they recommended everyone mask up.  We certainly saw more people with masks while onshore than we did on the ship ... except for the crew / staff.  They always masked up unless they were performing or speaking for a group.  We didn't see anyone that was sick (coughing and sneezing all over the place) on the cruise but that Delta variant seems to be troublesome, even for those that are vaccinated.  So, they are taking the necessary precautions to keep everyone as healthy as possible.  

I understand that masking will be required indoors on upcoming cruises, especially in crowded areas and with expanding their bookings to full capacity.  We have to mask up in California again when indoors so, although it's not my favorite thing, I just say ... would really rather be on a cruise.  

Edited by Cruise Raider