MSC not issuing travel docs

ksibla

supposed to sail on Meraviglia on 8/30/2021.  Still no travel docs issued.  The website says I have not completed all the info to check in.  I have.  I called twice and was assured they had all the info needed and the docs would be issued soon.  It is 7 days and still no docs issued.  I have a booking number and receipt.  The travel agent is as frustrated as I am.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Should I get a refund or try to go to the port.  I have to drive from Ohio.  Hate to drive all that way to be rejected at the port.  I am vaccinated.  

Regards,

Kelly

Is there a role call for your cruise?  If so has anyone else not received them?

Have you logged into your MSC account on line to be sure all of the boxes are checked off?

My cruise departs in 83 days but when I sign into my account this is what I see. 

BAE42596-BD8E-44E9-8B49-3BEF97DD1114.png

Edited by styles27

17 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

When you log in and pull up the cruise, scroll all the way down. If all the check marks are green you should see a box at the bottom with your email address and a button to click which will trigger it to email to you. 

8D6CDF35-28E3-43F5-A8F2-58CE8BC962AC.thumb.png.74991c9d8a8176d82e91b0dac4e575dd.png

Thank You for the response and tips.  Ours said "Your cruise does not depart within 20 days.E-Tickets are only available within 20 days of your cruise departure. Please check back once your cruise is 20 days away.

It is to early and I will need to wait a little longeeeeeeer.

1 hour ago, ChattTenn said:

I have the same problem as KSIBLA.  My cruise departs in 53 days.  They said I did not provide all the data eventhough I checked and rechecked many times.

You don't seem to have a problem. If your cruise is less than 20 days away and you can't get your tickets, then you have a problem.

21 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

You don't seem to have a problem. If your cruise is less than 20 days away and you can't get your tickets, then you have a problem.

Thank you.  It is getting close just want to make sure everything is in order.  I am so ready to cruise.

I feel your pain.  We sail on the Divina September 16th and our web check in shows the same thing. Need to provide updated data.  

I am a travel advisor for an agent here in SC.  I had booked our cruise on the agent MSC website with no problems as I have done in the past.  Three days ago, my boss sent me all the documents, health form,  luggage tags and all required documents.

My personal sign in on MSC still shows I need to update information.  Yeah, they have issues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

When you log in and pull up the cruise, scroll all the way down. If all the check marks are green you should see a box at the bottom with your email address and a button to click which will trigger it to email to you. 

8D6CDF35-28E3-43F5-A8F2-58CE8BC962AC.thumb.png.74991c9d8a8176d82e91b0dac4e575dd.png

In my case, that orange button referenced in your screenshot remained gray, even after I had filled everything out, and even after we were inside 20 days prior to cruise.

What I did is that I went back into web check in for each individual guest, scrolled to the bottom, hit next, and THEN it would take me to a page where I could email myself the travel documents or download the boarding passes. 

A little tricky, but I finally got my documents printed. I had been waiting for an email from MSC when my documents were ready, and I kept checking for weeks for the documents button to turn orange but it never did. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

I read a post recently where an individual cruising MSC had the same issue and wasn't able to print their docs until they showed up at the pier. 

Some people are able to print theirs two months in advance while others can't even when they are within the 20 day window. I'm already assuming I'll be in the second category since MSC never emails me or texts me with current changes.

Please let us know if you were able to resolve this. Thanks

• Like 1

We are/were in the same situation, for some reason our web check-in still says "stateroom not assigned yet" which isn't true. Fortunately, our travel agent got MSC to email us our cruise tickets so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

I read a post recently where an individual cruising MSC had the same issue and wasn't able to print their docs until they showed up at the pier. 

Some people are able to print theirs two months in advance while others can't even when they are within the 20 day window. I'm already assuming I'll be in the second category since MSC never emails me or texts me with current changes.

Please let us know if you were able to resolve this. Thanks

This is 100% correct. Frustrating but it's MSC...

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

We are/were in the same situation, for some reason our web check-in still says "stateroom not assigned yet" which isn't true. Fortunately, our travel agent got MSC to email us our cruise tickets so it doesn't really matter.

I have a 10/2 cruise booked that shows the same. I finally got a rep that told me when the "lost" all the cabins a couple of months ago, when some were put back it wasn't picked up correctly so the website shows that. She assured me it was assigned and if I click on the "cruise details" tab I see it assigned there.

That being said, I'm betting it will stop my cruise docs from being generated...

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

That being said, I'm betting it will stop my cruise docs from being generated

Funny, that was my exact experience.  When checking under my booking # it shows the assigned cabin, when I sign into my MSC account is says cabin not assigned.  I also called MSC and they confirmed the cabin assignment was still attached.  When I asked if it would prevent me from getting docs from being printed, I was told - "you booked through TA so you will get all your docs from them and not the website".  Oh boy, here's to praying ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KeepSailing said:

I was told - "you booked through TA so you will get all your docs from them and not the website". 

Well that explains why I only got the travel docs from my TA and not from MSC. This isn't altogether unprecedented or exclusive to MSC. We have a reservation on NCL that was booked through our TA and any changes have to go through him. (which is fine by me!)

I am sailing on the Devina on 9/16/22021 However, I received all my cruise ticket, luggage tags etc (19 pages) from my Travel Agency on 8/21/2021. Maybe it depends on the TA. I will tell you though if I sign in to my MSC account is still states, " your cruise does not depart within 20 days, E tickets are only available within 20 days".  Go Figure

Just now, pattycake08 said:

I am sailing on the Devina on 9/16/22021 However, I received all my cruise ticket, luggage tags etc (19 pages) from my Travel Agency on 8/21/2021. Maybe it depends on the TA. I will tell you though if I sign in to my MSC account is still states, " your cruise does not depart within 20 days, E tickets are only available within 20 days".  Go Figure

Yeah, it's a bit crazy. Here's the thing: I don't really care what the website says, it could be messed up. If I have my cruise tickets, passport, vaccination card, etc. then I don't give a flying flip about the stupid website, I only care about getting on that d*** ship. If I've got my docs, that's all that matters. (would I prefer to have that AND the correct info on the site? Sure, but I can't have it all....)

8 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

Funny, that was my exact experience.  When checking under my booking # it shows the assigned cabin, when I sign into my MSC account is says cabin not assigned.  I also called MSC and they confirmed the cabin assignment was still attached.  When I asked if it would prevent me from getting docs from being printed, I was told - "you booked through TA so you will get all your docs from them and not the website".  Oh boy, here's to praying ...

So the problem is that with MSC, everything is subject to change 🙂

I always book through a TA but for all other cruises - including the one I just took on 8/20 - "eventually" all of my boxes go green and I can email cruise docs to myself.

6 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

So the problem is that with MSC, everything is subject to change

Yes, I have begun to follow the adage "expect the unexpected" with MSC. 

One of the other problems I was having is my VC # went missing but my DW's still shows (we enrolled at same time last year and our numbers are only 1 digit apart).  When I tried to resolve that issue, was given the "existingreservations" e-mail to try and fix that - customer service rep said there appears to be an "error" with my VC # (did I mention I have sent several e-mails to "existingreservations" and never get a response?)

Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I wonder if my VC # was deleted because I complained after not getting a FCC from last year after waiting 14 months?

As DCGuy says, just give me the boarding docs and I will be fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeepSailing said:

Yes, I have begun to follow the adage "expect the unexpected" with MSC. 

One of the other problems I was having is my VC # went missing but my DW's still shows (we enrolled at same time last year and our numbers are only 1 digit apart).  When I tried to resolve that issue, was given the "existingreservations" e-mail to try and fix that - customer service rep said there appears to be an "error" with my VC # (did I mention I have sent several e-mails to "existingreservations" and never get a response?)

Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I wonder if my VC # was deleted because I complained after not getting a FCC from last year after waiting 14 months?

As DCGuy says, just give me the boarding docs and I will be fine.

You're being paranoid and more than that giving MSC *way* too much credit to figure something like that out. (FCC complaint)

Most likely it is an IT issue. You'll need to keep calling, stress you want a supervisor, to get it resolved. I know some have had luck with email but I never have...

With the reps, every 5 calls you'll get one who is competent and can help you...

• Like 1

MSC definitely takes a beating when it comes to the pre-cruise experience, particularly their websites and their call center. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: the onboard experience with MSC is truly amazing. We've always had a great time, excellent food and beverage, very kind and attentive staff, and luxurious ships. It's a shame, but I sense that a great number of people get so fed up with MSC before they sail that they end up canceling altogether. Which is a pity. At least once in while, someone who was nervous beforehand does go on the sailing and is made a true believer by the end. I'd say to people "don't sweat it, MSC is worth the hassle."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'd say to people "don't sweat it, MSC is worth the hassle."

I hope we are making a right decision to try MSC.  It will be our first with them and also to celebrate our anniversary.  Can't wait ...