RSSC.com website, 'Booked Cruises' on 'My Account'

UUNetBill

Okay, this is nitpicky, I know...but why is it on rssc.com when you book a cruise it doesn't show up on your 'Booked Cruises' tab in 'My Account'?  It just seems odd to me that they wouldn't just go ahead and load them to your account once they have a booking number and a deposit.

We need to add the booking number, name, ship, and sailing date to add it to our Booked Cruises...but c'mon, man, don't they already have all that info?  Should be an easy thing to just add 'em for us.

Sorry.  Rant over.  Just seemed odd.  🤪

• Like 8

Bill, et al,

Besides that annoying "feature," I also find it a serious design flaw that when you log in, even after adding all booked cruises, it only shows your next cruise.  You have one more step to get to "All Booked Cruises."  Yet it gives direct access to "Recently Saved Cruises."  I'd greatly prefer the opposite: give me a list of my booked cruises and make me click for "Saved Cruises."  Makes you wonder if they ever test the web site with customers and not their sales department (since saved cruises represent a possible new sale whereas booked cruises are not potential new sales).

It would be nice to have the features you mentioned but I fear it would just introduce more bugs into an already overly buggy system.  😂  This may be a situation where letting sleeping dogs lie is the best solution.

Dave

My biggest beef with the website is that, when I click on My Account, it takes me back to the home page.  When I called about this, I was told that my TA must be working on it and only one person is allowed in at a time.  Well, 3 days later and still no luck.  It finally let me in on the 4th day.  I'm on day 2 again of not getting in.  I've tried logging in and logging out and no difference.  I can actually get in on my phone but not on my desktop. So frustrating!

AND, don't even get me started on the shore excursion debacle...

They need to flush the entire deal, and start over. 

The best crews, ships, and best cruise experience in the world (in my humble opinion) deserve better.

Sorry, I generally only try to encourage, and stay on the positive end of the spectrum, but after booking excursions for our upcoming cruise, I just had to say it.

Bill, it's your fault by getting me started with the mini-rant.... Ha Ha

• Like 1

Greetings Cruise Critic Community! For those of you that I've not been e-introduced to yet, I oversee the website for Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and whenever possible I'll be happy to help with any technical issues.

Over the last couple of years, we've been updating various areas of the site, and I'm happy to report that the My Account area is coming up next to greatly improve things like reserving shore excursions @Clay&Jenn

@UUNetBill - we've made some changes in the backend of the website recently that was the first step for doing exactly what you are asking for. It'll be a few more months yet until we get it live, but it's coming along with other functionality for My Account.

@Grandmaanne7 - I'm fairly certain that your issue will be resolved if you clear your cookies. If you need any assistance with just how to do that, feel free to reply here with what browser you are using and I'll provide step-by-step instructions. 

Mike 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Greetings Cruise Critic Community! For those of you that I've not been e-introduced to yet, I oversee the website for Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and whenever possible I'll be happy to help with any technical issues.

Over the last couple of years, we've been updating various areas of the site, and I'm happy to report that the My Account area is coming up next to greatly improve things like reserving shore excursions @Clay&Jenn

@UUNetBill - we've made some changes in the backend of the website recently that was the first step for doing exactly what you are asking for. It'll be a few more months yet until we get it live, but it's coming along with other functionality for My Account.

@Grandmaanne7 - I'm fairly certain that your issue will be resolved if you clear your cookies. If you need any assistance with just how to do that, feel free to reply here with what browser you are using and I'll provide step-by-step instructions. 

Mike 

Well that's good to know, @Mike Moore.  Not trying to pile on (I know a website will never please everyone) but there have been gripes over the years about the website, both the layout and the functionality.  I haven't been a vocal critic - quite the opposite, actually - but it really does seem that progress is on the slow side when it comes to fixes and/or upgrades.  I know I've taken several of the 'how was your experience' surveys over the years and frankly it doesn't seem as if much has changed with the exception of the big overhaul of the UI a few years back.

Aside from the too-frequent typos and broken/incorrect links and photos, I think the weakest section of the site is the excursion booking.  It's painful, actually.  And the aforementioned My Account issues.  Not sure if you've ever considered an old-school "Contact the Webmaster" link for reporting the little things like that, but it might help.

Other than that, I find the website sleek, functional, and pretty damn nice overall.  Looking forward to the forthcoming updates.

Thanks!

PS - I was also going to mention clearing cookies to @Grandmaanne7 - almost always the quick fix.  🙂

This is an area that we will soon be focusing more resources on than we've ever had before, so good things are coming! They won't be tomorrow of course, but you will see an evolution over time with significant improvements in the most painful areas. 

• Like 3

@Mike Moore and @UUNetBill thank you both for the suggestion, however, that has not helped my issue.  As I mentioned, it took four days last time and I can still access it through my phone, however, that will not be useful when it comes time to completing forms as I am so very much hoping to have to do in the very near future.  I will, if the issue has not yet been resolved at that point, simply call Regent or my TA and have them help me through the process.

9 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

@Mike Moore and @UUNetBill thank you both for the suggestion, however, that has not helped my issue.  As I mentioned, it took four days last time and I can still access it through my phone, however, that will not be useful when it comes time to completing forms as I am so very much hoping to have to do in the very near future.  I will, if the issue has not yet been resolved at that point, simply call Regent or my TA and have them help me through the process.

Please feel free to email me at mmoore@rssc.com and I'll do my best to resolve the situation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

@Grandmaanne7have you tried logging in from a different computer or using a different browser?  It really does sound to me like an issue either with cookies or some other browser-based plug-in.  Maybe even a firewall issue?  Not trying to be a Regent apologist here but this really doesn't sound like a website issue...

Just now, UUNetBill said:

@Grandmaanne7have you tried logging in from a different computer or using a different browser?  It really does sound to me like an issue either with cookies or some other browser-based plug-in.  Maybe even a firewall issue?  Not trying to be a Regent apologist here but this really doesn't sound like a website issue...

I have taken Mike up on his offer of help and sent him an email.  Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sworksjr said:

At least it is nice to know that some progress is being made, but did not see a time line of when these improvements will be rolled out.

There's quite a few moving pieces and we're just getting started, so I wouldn't want to make any false promises. These are quite large initiatives that we are tackling, so upgrades will be measured in months versus weeks, to set proper expectations.

Just now, Mike Moore said:

There's quite a few moving pieces and we're just getting started, so I wouldn't want to make any false promises. These are quite large initiatives that we are tackling, so upgrades will be measured in months versus weeks, to set proper expectations.

Well, our wait for our next cruise is measured in months versus weeks, so I guess I can wait.   🙂

• Like 2

Mike,

I SO MUCH appreciate you taking time to respond, and give us an update on the website plans. 

Communication is key--this interaction not only helps us understand what is going on, but also sets our mind at ease that there is someone listening, and trying to improve the Regent website experience.

For me, knowing that someone is taking the initiative to listen and consider suggestions to make our user experience the best it can be, will make me even more loyal to the Regent brand!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snackdaddy said:

Hello Mike,

Does Regent have any plans to include the Culinary Arts Kitchen reservations on the "My Cruise Itinerary" calendar?

Thanks in advance and stay safe.

Yes, that is on our roadmap for when we launch the new My Account area.

@Mike Moore Thank you so much for the encouraging news.  It will be welcomed by many here I'm sure.

While you're working on the excursions section, I'd like to add a request for consideration.  Can you please prominently place a download button that will allow us to download the entire itinerary's list of excursions by port into one document so we can peruse it offline at our convenience?

I believe it's somewhere but I find it's hard for me to locate it again.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

@Mike Moore Thank you so much for the encouraging news.  It will be welcomed by many here I'm sure.

While you're working on the excursions section, I'd like to add a request for consideration.  Can you please prominently place a download button that will allow us to download the entire itinerary's list of excursions by port into one document so we can peruse it offline at our convenience?

I believe it's somewhere but I find it's hard for me to locate it again.

Yes, we will continue to have that feature. In order to find it, go to Find a Cruise from the home page of the site, find your itinerary, click on any port other than the first or last, and just under the filters for the shore excursions for that port, you'll find options to email yourself the file or download it straight to your computer. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Yes, we will continue to have that feature. In order to find it, go to Find a Cruise from the home page of the site, find your itinerary, click on any port other than the first or last, and just under the filters for the shore excursions for that port, you'll find options to email yourself the file or download it straight to your computer. 

Sure would be nice to be on the page where the booked cruise is. 🙂  It worked Thankx

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1