Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I am booked on a cruise on the NCL spirit in July, but I never received an invitation for upgrade.  I've heard the ship is pretty empty, so I'm surprised. 

I received an offer for my spring cruise on the breakaway, which was sold out.  And I have an upgrade offer for the dawn in August.  I've never found any correlation for when I'm offered to bid on upgrades.

Fortunately, I'm more interested in being on the cruise, and less concerned about the room.  I like spending my time out of the room  where I can see the other people.

1 hour ago, KDebreuil said:

I am booked on a cruise on the NCL spirit in July, but I never received an invitation for upgrade.  I've heard the ship is pretty empty, so I'm surprised. 

I received an offer for my spring cruise on the breakaway, which was sold out.  And I have an upgrade offer for the dawn in August.  I've never found any correlation for when I'm offered to bid on upgrades.

Fortunately, I'm more interested in being on the cruise, and less concerned about the room.  I like spending my time out of the room  where I can see the other people.

I never received an email to upgrade for our upcoming August cruise nor do I have the banner.   However, I was able to bid on the NCL App for an upgrade.   Did you try there?

24 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I never received an email to upgrade for our upcoming August cruise nor do I have the banner.   However, I was able to bid on the NCL App for an upgrade.   Did you try there?

Thanks for the idea, I had never thought about trying it from the app.  I went into the July cruise and saw the "Room Upgrades" button.  I clicked on it and put in my name and reservation number, but it said reservation not found.  I guess that means I am not eligible to bid on an upgrade.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

A certain travel site is showing 192 Balcony cabins available in BA, BB and BC.  That likely explains the low bid requirement. 😎

What site gives you the number of cabins available?

8 hours ago, KDebreuil said:

Thanks for the idea, I had never thought about trying it from the app.  I went into the July cruise and saw the "Room Upgrades" button.  I clicked on it and put in my name and reservation number, but it said reservation not found.  I guess that means I am not eligible to bid on an upgrade.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

I don’t think that is correct. It shouldn’t say reservation not found. I’d suggest try again. Perhaps you had a typo on the reservation number?When I used the app I copied and pasted my reservation number on the bid form. (I found it frustrating that I had to put this info in again in the app when I was logged into the app! )

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Could be the 3rd party only gets a list of the reservation that can do  upgrade bids, they may never know about the rest.

Thanks. I didn’t think of that. However I think the response should be no upgrades available. Not reservation not found. But since I’m not in charge of ncl upgrades…….

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Could be the 3rd party only gets a list of the reservation that can do  upgrade bids, they may never know about the rest.

That seems to make sense. I'm paid in full even though it's due 6/24 and I booked my shore excursions this morning, so I do exist.

13 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

I think people tend to forget the upgrade bud is a discretionary offer from NCL. They don't have to offer bid upgrades to everyone who us booked and so …..

Well, not everybody gets and email and not everybody gets the screen.  But everybody can go to the third party website and make a bid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, depplep said:

That seems to make sense. I'm paid in full even though it's due 6/24 and I booked my shore excursions this morning, so I do exist.

LOL you can't bid until after the final payment DUE date, which is 120 days.  Try again at 110 days.

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, not everybody gets and email and not everybody gets the screen.  But everybody can go to the third party website and make a bid.

Not everyone is eligible to bid.  Not all TA's participate, their clients are not eligible (Big box membership store bookings a prime example).

But yes, if your reservation is eligible, you can book through the 3rd party website, usually at day 110.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Not everyone is eligible to bid.  Not all TA's participate, their clients are not eligible (Big box membership store bookings a prime example).

But yes, if your reservation is eligible, you can book through the 3rd party website, usually at day 110.

Yep.  I was referring to folks booked directly with NCL.

I wonder if the upgrades are only offered to those who book cabins before the 120 days out (before the final payment due date).  I always book through NCL, and I've always been sent an "invitation to bid on an upgrade" in the past.  This is the first time that I've booked a cruise less that 120 days in advance, so the whole payment was due when I booked.

I think that the above comments are right, that the "reservation not found" message means that the information for that reservation wasn't sent to the 3rd party company that manages the upgrades.  The message could be much more clear.  I'm sure it's caused some needless anxiety for others.

3 minutes ago, KDebreuil said:

I wonder if the upgrades are only offered to those who book cabins before the 120 days out (before the final payment due date).  I always book through NCL, and I've always been sent an "invitation to bid on an upgrade" in the past.  This is the first time that I've booked a cruise less that 120 days in advance, so the whole payment was due when I booked.

I think that the above comments are right, that the "reservation not found" message means that the information for that reservation wasn't sent to the 3rd party company that manages the upgrades.  The message could be much more clear.  I'm sure it's caused some needless anxiety for others.

Late bookings should be eligible for bidding, just takes a few days after booking.  I've upgraded bookings in the past and gotten new bid options shortly thereafter.

I rarely get notification but that might be because I just go to the website at day 110 and check my bid options.  Early bidding paid of quite well (almost) a few years ago when I had a sold-out category and they wanted my cabin - got my upgrade very early on.  Sadly, that cruise was a covid casualty.

1 hour ago, KDebreuil said:

We booked on board for a cruise less than 120 days out (paid in full) and we were offered to chance to upgrade. 

14 minutes ago, psuboater said:

We booked on board for a cruise less than 120 days out (paid in full) and we were offered to chance to upgrade. 

That's great to know.  My current upcoming cruise is a 14 day that is a single booking, but is also sold as two individual 7's.  I think that would be a possible reason that the upgrades aren't available.  

We're in the Bliss from July 29 to August 5.  We booked an interior and put in minimum bids on everyone we were eligible for (Oceanview, balcony, club balcony, spa balcony).

This week the bid for balcony was accepted, $130x2.  

I happened to check on it the night before and saw the other bids listed as "expired" and the balcony bid was still pending.  Sure enough, the next day the credit card charge went through and and balcony bid changed to accepted.   We're happy to have a balcony in Alaska for only a couple hundred more.

while i dont mean to rain on anyone else's parade, we are now on page 125 of this post.

some people will get upgrade notifications, some others will not. it has been posted before, ncl has absolutely no obligation to offer anyone an upgrade choice. for those of you that bid and are successful, great, for those of you that bid and are unsuccessful you are no worse off then the cabin  you originally booked. whether or not anyone else got the upgrade is completely  irrelevant to anyone else's chances for the same. 

isnt it time we put this post to rest?

14 minutes ago, complawyer said:

while i dont mean to rain on anyone else's parade, we are now on page 125 of this post.

some people will get upgrade notifications, some others will not. it has been posted before, ncl has absolutely no obligation to offer anyone an upgrade choice. for those of you that bid and are successful, great, for those of you that bid and are unsuccessful you are no worse off then the cabin  you originally booked. whether or not anyone else got the upgrade is completely  irrelevant to anyone else's chances for the same. 

isnt it time we put this post to rest?

Not really. Keep going

. This is good information especial for new NCL.  Cruisers. Like us .

• Like 3