Booking Shore Excursions

Andi Land

Hi all!  First time Celebrity cruiser here. I’ve booked my cruise for August 2022 and was looking through my online options. I see shore excursions but there are very few listed. Is this because they haven’t loaded all of them yet? I did ask this on the Roll Call board as well. Hoping to get some good follow up on what to expect and when to be on the lookout to get things booked. 

Thanks!

Hi Andi. We are booked in July 2022. When we first booked there were quite a few excursions, then half of them disappeared and They seem to be  gradually adding them back in from time to time. We still have one port with no excursions and a couple with limited choice. Hopefully more will become available later on. 
Many people like to organise independent trips and do not use the celebrity offerings. The roll call is a good place to get suggestions for independent tours. We like to go with the ship excursions rather than worry about getting back to the ship in time ( had a close shave once). Downside is that ship excursions tend to be more costly. 
Have fun planning your cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise is scheduled for June 2022. When the one year mark approached from the departure date of the cruise, I eagerly looked to see what Celebrity shore excursions were available. I found none.

I phoned Celebrity a couple of times and was informed that shore excursions would show up between 9 and 12 months from the cruise departure date. 

This week-end, we reached the 9 months mark, and I was a bit disappointed and a bit concerned not to find any excursions. Today, 271 days from cruising rime, still nothing. My concern is that the absence of shore excursions could be symptomatic of another cruise cancellation.

This said, we have received personal Health at sea email regarding this cruise, so there may be hope still...

I will keep checking on a daily basis this week, and if nothing appears, I will ring Celebrity once more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2021 at 10:16 AM, LGW59 said:

Currently have a May 2022 Apex booked (will eventually cancel, just have not yet) but there are no excursions in my planner either

Hi LGW59,

Just following up with you on Celebrity shore excursions for your May 2022 cruise. Are they available now?  ( Nothing yet for our Silhouette cruise on June 2022, slightly less than 8 months from sailing date)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Nothing yet for our Silhouette cruise on June 2022, slightly less than 8 months from sailing date

There are plenty for our 30/07/22 on Silhouette and have been since we booked 16/09/21. Many have a 5% reduction. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Hi LGW59,

Just following up with you on Celebrity shore excursions for your May 2022 cruise. Are they available now?  ( Nothing yet for our Silhouette cruise on June 2022, slightly less than 8 months from sailing date)

Just checked there is one tour called art exposed.  Looks like it is a walking tour in 4 different ports on 4 different days but not much more detail, $212/pp

• Like 1