Surprise Visitor at Coco Cay

2 minutes ago, roswellcruiser1 said:

Currently on the Adventure of the Seas at Coco Cay.  Brilliance of the Seas just docked here.  My favorite ship, just sad to see that she has no passengers.

Can the crew get off and enjoy the day also?

Probably to get supplies. When we were there last week, there were a bunch of ships that you could see from Oasis while docked at Coco Cay. I asked a staff member if they were going to dock here too and he said they were all there waiting to be put back into service. He said they stayed close to Coco Cay since no one else is using the ocean space there (therefore no one would tell them to move) and they could come in if need be for supplies, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It depends on in the individual ship's policies, but maybe not. I would bet they are super wary about COVID on these ships with a ghost crew, as one case would take everyone out. Also, I asked a bunch of staff members if they got off when we were there and got an almost unanimous "no!" - many of them said that, since they are usually working on the island, they don't view it as a place that would be fun to hang out (the 'don't play where you work' kind of philosophy).

• Like 1

Adventure is going into dry dock after the end of this cruise on Saturday. Some staff were transferred over to Brilliance yesterday at Coco Cay so that they can go on to other assignments (the person I talked to thought they were going to Freedom, primarily). Others are leaving Adventure on Saturday or Sunday and going to Oasis. And then of course some are staying on to support the dry dock.

1 hour ago, trenton107 said:

Adventure is going into dry dock after the end of this cruise on Saturday. Some staff were transferred over to Brilliance yesterday at Coco Cay so that they can go on to other assignments (the person I talked to thought they were going to Freedom, primarily). Others are leaving Adventure on Saturday or Sunday and going to Oasis. And then of course some are staying on to support the dry dock.

Also on Adventure, got the same info. 

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

South Beach is reserved for crew who are not on duty. Crew are still restricted to the ship and not allowed to go ashore in ports (according to crew on the Freedom last week).

That being said, I have seen vlogs from the Adventure where entertainers were allowed to take a limited number of RCCL shore excursions. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:17 AM, jean87510 said:

what will they be doing in drydock?  Does that get shared at all?  Going on this ship in November from TX and really looking forward to it.

All I heard is that they were going to finish the amplication that had been started but never finished.

• Like 1